spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Alt72
join:2009-02-17
Rio Rancho, NM

Alt72

Possible Issue With Cable One?

Hi, I have Cable One and I live in Rio Rancho New Mexico. When I am not working or doing real life obligations. I enjoy playing the MMO game World of Warcraft. For weeks now I have been getting disconnected from server no matter what realm I play on. I have done numerous trouble shooting with blizzard support and still no luck. It's strange, If I'm just searching the internet. No issues. But as soon as I log onto WoW or xbox live to play a multiplayer game. I begin to have disconnection issues. Is anyone else out there having this type of issue with cable one? Im not even sure If it is an issue with Cable One. I am just trying to find out the cause. This is driving me nuts!

ISP Cable One
Location Rio Rancho NM 87144
Cable Modem Motorola SB5101

Windows Vista Business 32 bit Updated
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
Video Card Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Ram 4 .00 GB
303 GB Free space

Removed add ons
Connected cable modem directly to computer via ethernet (Not Using a router atm)
Firewall None
Anti virus None
Put game on low settings
Restarted modem
Restarted computer

lostinms
Moo
join:2001-11-29
Grenada, MS

lostinms

I get random disconnects on WoW too. Don't know why. I do know that my ping to the server which is somewhere in the cst time zone is anywhere in the 100s to 200s every now and then. Then I put my IP Address to my router in the DMZ my ping lowered but I got really nervous and turn on the windows Firewall and then my ping went back up. Don't know if that helps but it gives you some kind of idea.

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh

I play a few online games, but do not play WOW. We never have problems via PC or Xbox Live (as of yet.) I have a few pals who play WOW; they don't seem to be having any problems in this area.

I'd contact support if the issues continue.