spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rfa58

@verizon.net

Channels in Sports Package?

I'm on Long Island and was wondering what channels, both SD and HD are included in the Sports Package? I've had the Sports Package for quite some time and I really don't know what channels are part of it! I'm mainly interested in knowing the HD channels, like is Versus HD...is that part of the package or is that a standard HD channel? I'm thinking of canceling the Sports Pack but I just want to be sure I don't loose a channel I watch! I can't find any location that actually spells out what channels are part of it. Thanks for any info!

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
All channels from 300-319 plus 87 & 94 and all their HD counterparts are in that package. Versus is not in that package.

RichardH1

join:2008-03-05
Westfield, NJ
said by matcarl:

All channels from 300-319 plus 87 & 94 and all their HD counterparts are in that package. Versus is not in that package.
Matt:

Can you clarify something. The only reason I get the sports package is for the golf channel. I just went to the channel guide on verizon's web site for my zip code, and after selecting the Extreme HD plan, it shows that the SD sports channels (300 to 319 plus 87 and 94) are not included (that makes sense), but it does list the golf channel HD(593). One would therefore conclude that the golf channel HD is included in extreme HD, but quite frankly I don't completely trust anything verizon puts on its website. Are you sure the HD counterparts (and more specifically golf channel HD) of the sports package are not included in Extreme HD?

Thanks

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
I'm positive, but you are right, it is mislabeled. That was a new channel recently added. Whoever added it to the lineup misidentified it for this area.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to rfa58
I don't have the sports package and Golf SD and HD are locked.

RichardH1

Westfield, NJ
Thanks guys for the fast responses. Your answers confirm my opinion of the reliabilility of the web site.

RichardH1

Westfield, NJ
By the way, I just checked the channel line up, and all the other HD counterparts of the sports package do not show up in the extreme HD lineup, just the golf channel. Probably because they were all around when extreme HD was created, and they addressed that when they created the line up list for extreme HD. They just missed it when they subsequently added the golf channel.

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ
reply to rfa58
Weren't they still offering the sports package in NYC & NNJ at one point? I upgraded to Extreme HD and we still have none of the sports channels (not sports people in my household so doesn't matter for us). Just putting that out there as I'm not really clear on that.

-Shark2k

icemannyr1

reply to rfa58
I still don't think I've heard yet why NYC area still has the sports package and those channels have not been moved into Extreme HD.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
said by icemannyr1:

I still don't think I've heard yet why NYC area still has the sports package and those channels have not been moved into Extreme HD.
I believe this is because there are not separate Essentials and Extreme packages in NY. There is only one package, price at $47.99, so they charge more for those sports channels to bring the price more in line with Extreme HD in the rest of the country.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
said by kes601:

said by icemannyr1:

I believe this is because there are not separate Essentials and Extreme packages in NY. There is only one package, price at $47.99, so they charge more for those sports channels to bring the price more in line with Extreme HD in the rest of the country.
That was the case, but now they charge the same here for Extreme as everywhere else $57.99 and don't offer Essentials.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
Ahh, so do you get the Sports Channels w/Extreme there? I can't tell from this thread.

icemannyr1

reply to rfa58
In NYC area regardless of your package the Sports Pack still exists and those sports channels are an extra fee.

I believe for all other areas those channels are a part of the Extreme HD package.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
said by icemannyr1:

In NYC area regardless of your package the Sports Pack still exists and those sports channels are an extra fee.

I believe for all other areas those channels are a part of the Extreme HD package.
I thought it was the other way around? When I do the FIOS order/website, I don't even have an option for the sports package.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
It's not on the webiste, you have to call.

RichardH1

Westfield, NJ
reply to Greg2600
Actually, if you go thru the ordering process on line, at some point down the line they offer you the extra cost channel options like HBO, the movies package and the sports package.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
said by RichardH1:

Actually, if you go thru the ordering process on line, at some point down the line they offer you the extra cost channel options like HBO, the movies package and the sports package.
Well I was considering the full movie package anyway ($30), and yeah I think that includes the sports. Honestly, the only sports channel I'd watch is Fox Soccer.

hdspts1

join:2006-04-03
Eatontown, NJ
said by Greg2600:

Well I was considering the full movie package anyway ($30), and yeah I think that includes the sports. Honestly, the only sports channel I'd watch is Fox Soccer.
Fox Soccer Channel was moved off the sports package a couple of years ago so you need not subscribe if that's all you want.. Howver, if you want the other soccer channels, GOLTV and Fox Sports Espanol(with English commentary on matches) they ARE part of the sports package.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to rfa58
No I just watch European "football." The confusion is that the lineup PDF document lists 300-319 as Sports Package, of which I don't any. However, seems the website with zipcode is mislabeled? That's what we're saying here?

So SD 87 NHL and 94 CBS CS, and 587 NHL HD and 590 Versus HD are part of Extreme, not Premium, as the site indicates? And 593 Gold HD is not Extreme, but Premium?

PS: The site does not list Sports Package pricing or anything.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
said by Greg2600:

So SD 87 NHL and 94 CBS CS, and 587 NHL HD and 590 Versus HD are part of Extreme, not Premium, as the site indicates? And 593 Gold HD is not Extreme, but Premium?
All of those channels are in Extreme for everyone else. North Jersey & NY they are under the Premium tab, except for Golf which is mislabeled.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY
kudos:1
So for NY, our extreme price is now the same as everyone else, but we don't get the sports pakcage channels?

C'mon Verizon give us a break!!!!!

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

said by Greg2600:

All of those channels are in Extreme for everyone else. North Jersey & NY they are under the Premium tab, except for Golf which is mislabeled.
Versus HD is Premium but not SD. That makes no sense at all! Again, the website doesn't even offer a "Sports Package." Which Premium are they included in, regular Movies (Showtime/Starz/Encore)?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Versus SD is in Extreme also. Yes, the Premium tab that would also include the movie channels.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to rfa58
I'd be ordering Extreme, and probably the full movie package anyway, but that arrangement for NY and NJ is really confusing. I don't know why they haven't changed it here?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Well it's not in Extreme or the movie package, if you want it it's extra $7.99. Yes it's confusing.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
said by matcarl:

Well it's not in Extreme or the movie package, if you want it it's extra $7.99. Yes it's confusing.
I thought you just said the sports are in the movie package? I want Versus HD, but I'm not paying $7.99 a month on top of the movie package.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

2 edits
I said it's in the same Tab on the website, the Premium Tab, with the movie channels because they are considered extra, but not sold with the movie channels. Versus is available in NY without having the extra sports tier.

hdspts1

join:2006-04-03
Eatontown, NJ
reply to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

No I just watch European "football."
GOLTV carries Spain's La Liga, Germany's Bundesliga, plus cup games from Italy and Spain (Coppa Italia and Copa Del Rey). They also will be showing the entire UEFA U-21 Championship from Sweden in June.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
said by matcarl:

I said it's in the same Tab on the website, the Premium Tab, with the movie channels because they are considered extra, but not sold with the movie channels. Versus is available in NY without having the extra sports tier.
You're positive on Versus HD? If they are extra, hypothetically how could you order them?

said by hdspts1:

said by Greg2600:

No I just watch European "football."
GOLTV carries Spain's La Liga, Germany's Bundesliga, plus cup games from Italy and Spain (Coppa Italia and Copa Del Rey). They also will be showing the entire UEFA U-21 Championship from Sweden in June.
Are they in English?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Greg, Aren't you getting Versus HD now?