Montreal

EveryName

Premium Member

Thanks a lot
EveryName

EveryName to kerriskandie

Premium Member

to kerriskandie
Unfortunately, it didn't work. The only thing that changed were the scroll bars. I got an error message at the end of the installation. I'm running 10.5.6, which might be the problem.

kerriskandie
join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY

1 edit

kerriskandie

I'm running 10.5.6 installed smoothly on my
G5 Dualie
Macbook Pro's X2........all running the same OS

Only glitch was one of the Macbook P's Mail app has a slight ui glitch.......but it doesn't affect the usability, and only on that system?

There is a java app/ J script that has to run at the end of the install and also an Applescript......dod those complete??
On my first try, one of those 'finalisations' didn't run, so i just re ran the installer.....which I will admit is a bit 'clunky'.........

I'm not one for hacking the UI, I never even installed Candybar or any of those Apps.....but the clean, preofessional look of Snowleopard that you can obtain using this App just appealed to me........

Maybe give it another shot....it has been VERY stable(100%) so for me..........

MicrotoastXP
A State Of Trance
join:2001-06-05
Bayamon, PR

MicrotoastXP to kerriskandie

to kerriskandie
Installed fine here also, differences are minor though

kerriskandie
Coram, NY

1 edit

kerriskandie

Depends what you checked off......

you can obtain some quite different looks......I kept it simple, minimal and just the 'basic' look of (allegedly) SnowLeopard...... but on one of my first try's, I purposefully clicked some 'different' selections/skins and ended up with a bit of a mess......but , quite different!!

I think the point of the App is not so much a Candybar or OS9 wildly hacked system UI........but a simple theme that looks as universal as posible in all Apps......and I think it (just about) scores on that aim........

MicrotoastXP
A State Of Trance
Bayamon, PR

MicrotoastXP to kerriskandie

to kerriskandie
Oh yes yes got it now, I should have RTFM

kerriskandie
Coram, NY

kerriskandie

I never do.................................
kerriskandie

kerriskandie

Well,

after I FUBAR it THEN I read the manual..........................!!!!

EveryName
Premium Member
join:2001-12-05
Montreal

EveryName to kerriskandie

Premium Member

to kerriskandie
Java and Applescipt didn't work, so I'll redo it, I guess.
andychrist
join:2005-02-12
Germantown, NY

andychrist to kerriskandie

to kerriskandie
Anyone have screen shots?

ThanX.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

3 edits

TRU

Yes, reading the "Read Me" that comes with it shows you what it changes and how the changes should look.

EDIT: This is a bit of a "Meh" for me. The changes aren't dramatic, and frankly, the default Aqua looks much better and sharper.

EDIT #2: Keep this dmg file in a safe place, the uninstaller is located within for reverting back.

MicrotoastXP
A State Of Trance
Bayamon, PR

MicrotoastXP

said by TRU See Profile
EDIT: This is a bit of a "Meh" for me. The changes aren't dramatic, and frankly, the default Aqua looks much better and sharper.

EDIT #2: Keep this dmg file in a safe place, the uninstaller is located within for reverting back.
[/BQUOTE :

I feel the same...

wxboss
This is like Deja vu all over again.
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wxboss to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
said by TRU:

Yes, reading the "Read Me" that comes with it shows you what it changes and how the changes should look.

x2

Nothing really significant here other than some subtle aesthetic tweaks.

kerriskandie
Coram, NY

kerriskandie

But thats the whole point......like I said,

If you are a dyed in the wool Candybar lad or lass then move on, nothing here for you to see...................