share rss forum feed

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3

So all those teens....

....that say "like" about 5 times per sentence, and are messaging each other while in the same room got such a high SMS & mobile internet count, we actually measure up to something in the totals? :P
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:42
Yes. "OMGLOL CU L8TR QT" helped improve our broadband ranking, apparently.

jc100

join:2002-04-10

1 edit
reply to maartena
AND LIKE!!! 99 percent of facts are made up.. According to my free study.. Almost all Americans have 50/50 home connections. Verizon has a 99 percent penetration rate. How did I come up with this figure? Seeing how one person in a given area can get it, I assume everyone in the entire state can have access to the service!!!

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL
reply to maartena
said by maartena:

....that say "like" about 5 times per sentence, and are messaging each other while in the same room got such a high SMS & mobile internet count, we actually measure up to something in the totals? :P
You have the best Avatar on this entire site.

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL
reply to jc100
said by jc100:

AND LIKE!!! 99 percent of facts are made up.. According to my free study.. Almost all Americans have 50/50 home connections. Verizon has a 99 percent penetration rate. How did I come up with this figure? Seeing how one person in a given area can get it, I assume everyone in the entire state can have access to the service!!!
According to your free study????
Source your sample group with all variables please.
Thats like saying....According to me....50 % of people believe that the other 50% of people are wrong, but of those people 50% believe there could be variables that could change their mind, which could lead to be the 50% that were believed to be wrong actually being 75% of the people being right!

lesopp

join:2001-06-27
Land O Lakes, FL
reply to jc100
If something is made up then how can it be a fact?

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to S_engineer
said by S_engineer:

said by jc100:

According to your free study????
Source your sample group with all variables please.
Thats like saying....According to me....50 % of people believe that the other 50% of people are wrong, but of those people 50% believe there could be variables that could change their mind, which could lead to be the 50% that were believed to be wrong actually being 75% of the people being right!
That's asking a lot out of him.

Different teens will say different things but I can say with a lot of certainty that many kids do weird spellings to save space and time typing in their text messages. Can't tell you how many times my own friends (who have kids themselves) send me text messages that take me an hour to decipher. Something like:

quote:
can u hlp me tngt @ my hous ltr?

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro
reply to jc100
said by jc100:

WOW? Like Verizon has a 99 percent penetration rate? Even when I am really suave, I only get about a 15% penetration rate. (Not including all areas and time periods).

-Tzale
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Expand your moderator at work