uniqs
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

[VOD] Comcast Puts Online VOD Over HDTV? Courtesy Swanni

Here's the Article

»www.tvpredictions.com/fo ··· 4-054636

I think Comcast is wasting time with this Online VOD project and should worry about adding HD channels rather than competing with video websites like Hulu,Tv.com, and Veoh

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

Two completely different projects, different budgets, different departments, different revenue, different ROI's. Similar to saying: I think General Motors should focus more on building fuel effecient cars rather than offering lower mortgage refinancing rates.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to gt1racer

to gt1racer
What i think is strange , is why isnt comcast VOD, on the web anyway.
Chad473
join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA

Chad473 to gt1racer

to gt1racer
I'm sure they'd like to add linear channels, they just can't in most places. So in the meantime, they will pretend that on demand is better.
JamesDax
join:2001-02-24
Philadelphia, PA

JamesDax to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Screw VOD give me more HD channels.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to gt1racer

MVM

to gt1racer
So there's not enough RF bandwidth for the HD I want. How about give me it via the web? Sure let me tune into Bravo HD by logging into a special comcast.net site and making the player full-screen. Or how about Spike TV HD, or Animal Planet HD, etc...

A great way to get Switched Digital, without all the SDV hassle and underpowered set top boxes.

Actually if everything was available via IPTV, I'm sure the interface could be MUCH nicer, with the high resolution outputs from a computer compounded with insane CPU and Memory capabilities over a dumb terminal set top box. I'd run the VGA output from my laptop straight into my TV, like I currently do to watch movies.

Linear channels is something I want, but our area is maxed out. Until they beef up the compression or remove analog, were stuck. So bring on IPTV over my HSI connection, which by the way they upgraded the upstream to 5.12msps 16QAM for a 20mbps upstream channel.