uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

1 recommendation

me1212

I smell a lawasuit.

If it says unlimited it should be unlimited not 5g+ overages. I hope they ether have to give REAL unlimited OR say on their main page "we have a 5g cap+ overages, and if you use it in a US ship port your bill could be over $20,000!" well it would be with in the realm of not being false advertising.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Re: I smell a lawasuit.

said by me1212:

If it says unlimited it should be unlimited not 5g+ overages. I hope they ether have to give REAL unlimited OR say on their main page "we have a 5g cap+ overages, and if you use it in a US ship port your bill could be over $20,000!" well it would be with in the realm of not being false advertising.
from the website

"DataConnect is not an unlimited plan."

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48 to me1212

to me1212
AT&T as well as the rest of the sleazy Telcos, cable companies etc need to be hammered for their blatant disregard of Truth in advertising and obvious intent to hide and confuse the unwary.How would people react t to a power utility saying we will provide AC power of "up to 120 volts" but can't guarantee it or a disk drive mfg advertising their drive as holding "up to" X number of GB of data and have a spin rate of "up to" x rpm but not guaranteed nor be reasonably expected. How about gasoline with an octane rating of up to 87 but not necessarily promised or implied. Unlimited means unlimited it does not mean only 5 GB. I read TOS agreements but the legalese in which they are written is designed to cover up what they really are telling you with a lot of meaningless jargon.Fact of life, no services provider is going to be honest and upfront with customers, they can't afford to nor is it their intention to be honest. Internet speeds grossly inflated. Charges for calls per minute "or fraction thereof" and all the rest of crap that these companies spew out as marketing. I hope this goes to court and they get some sort of reform out of the action but I won't hold my breath.
"

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

Most utilities don't actually guarantee 120 volts for AC Power.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by pfak:

Most utilities don't actually guarantee 120 volts for AC Power.
i get 124/125volts (2 phase)

bemis
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis

Premium Member

That's single phase...