spc
uniqs

awaisuk99
@rogers.com

awaisuk99 to kliles

Anon

to kliles

Re: I need my Rogers IP changed.

Well i just need it changed for something. And its not like i need to keep changing all the time, i just want to change for once and then thats it.

I really like Rogers internet, but changing this IP is a must for me, i want to go to a different range.

If they cant change it for me, can i CANCEL and then Reactivate my service? Will that change it for me?

I need this IP changed, thats the bottom line.

I Really dont want to go to BELL, but if there is no other choice, then i will go to Bell.

Need help guys.
kliles
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

kliles

All I can say is call Rogers tech support and plead your case... My prediction is that you will get nowhere.

That leaves going to Bell or some other service provider.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to awaisuk99

to awaisuk99
1. You're not going to get into another IP block. Give it up.

2. Change your MAC address, refresh and renew; that will give you a new IP. Problem solved.

3. Who cares if your IP address is published? You leave that information behind every time you visit a website.

4. If you're worried about security, buy a router. Problem solved.

5. If you did something illegal, changing your IP won't help. It's already logged and waiting for the subpoena.

awaisuk99
@rogers.com

awaisuk99

Anon

I have done nothing illegal, and i can care less if my IP gets posted on the net. I just told you guys this because i was going to tell those Rogers guys that this happened to me and i need my IP changed.

I tried MAC CHANGE, it just changes the last 2 digits of your IP and not your range.

This IP change is a must for something i do online, and its worth changing ISP, even tho i dont want to.

What if i leave my Modem off for like 10hours? Is there a chance of me getting a new IP?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Look, the IP address comes out of a pool ... and that pool is going to be in the same block. It's pot luck though whether you get a new IP in a different block or one in the same block, and given the way that IPs are assigned, chances are much higher you'll get one in the same block. Chances are better to get a different block getting a new IP in the middle of the night ... but it's still not very good!
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to awaisuk99

to awaisuk99
said by awaisuk99 :

This IP change is a must for something i do online, and its worth changing ISP, even tho i dont want to.
Ah, an IP ban.

Use an anonymizing proxy, then.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox

Yeah, a proxy is probably your best bet for something like that. You can get a pay one (which should give good performance) or spend some time locating a free one every time you need to access "whatever" (they go down a lot).

You can also wait it out and hope that EVENTUALLY Rogers starts up a new block in your area. Although I've been on 99.* for an awefully long time now.

Stewy6
Premium Member
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Stewy6 to awaisuk99

Premium Member

to awaisuk99
said by awaisuk99 :

I have done nothing illegal, and i can care less if my IP gets posted on the net. I just told you guys this because i was going to tell those Rogers guys that this happened to me and i need my IP changed.

I tried MAC CHANGE, it just changes the last 2 digits of your IP and not your range.

What if i leave my Modem off for like 10hours? Is there a chance of me getting a new IP?
how much is it worth to you to get a new ip and still keep rogers ?
for $40/month you can add a second ISP

I have a RV082 dual wan router with two ISP's one cable and one DSL if I need a 99. ip I use WAN 1 and if I need a 206. ip I use WAN 2. I'm able to do bandwidth management, DNS management, DHCP management, Port management, Protocol managmenet ect...
simple as pie.