how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

katecal

@bellsouth.net

Motorola Surfboard issues

Hello,

I am an admittedly novice cable modem user, but before I waded into the depths of Time Warner/Roadrunner Tech Support Hell, I thought I would ask you knowledgeable people.

My Motorola Surfboard modem (SB4200) stopped working this morning. Unlike previous blinking light occasions, this time the receive light blinks once, stays lit, the send light blinks once, stays lit, the receive light turns off, then the send light turns off. This has been a continuous cycle all day. The power light is lit a steady green and the activity light is dark. Is this problem due to my geriatric modem or is this a Time Warner/Road Runner problem?

Thanks!

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Optimum Online

Try going to »192.168.100.1 - that should give you the login page for the modem status.
user is usually admin
password motorola

Look for Signals and report back what it says for upstream and downstream (all values) - presuming that you can get in.

katecal

@bellsouth.net

this is what the signal page says:

Downstream
Frequency: 555000000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise ration: 35dB
Power Level: 7 dBmV

Upstream
Channel ID: 2
Frequency: 23009369 Hz Ranged
Power Level: 39 dBmV

thanks for your help.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to katecal

I don't understand why people wont call.

Signal levels are great, but not if the modem is off line.
The light pattern suggests it is.

Not calling has just delayed your solution by a day.

Good luck.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

katecal

@bellsouth.net

I didn't call because the last three times I did, they were rude and they didn't fix my problem. Each time I had to wait a minimum of a week for a tech to come out. I didn't want the headache.

I'm not totally without internet (obviously) so it isn't a huge rush to get it fixed.

Thanks for your input.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

Where in the world are you?
Who did you complain to about the rudeness?

Hob

katecal

@bellsouth.net

South Carolina

I talked to 2 separate "supervisors" from the tech line and told them about the treatment I had received. Didn't do a whole lot of good either time. Ah well. Not a huge deal, just frustrating.