spc
uniqs
60373562 (banned)
join:2004-04-13
Glendale, AZ

60373562 (banned) to w0kie

to w0kie

Re: [OK] Docsis 3.0 is rolling out in Tulsa says Cox installer

I am so tired of DOCSIS 3 posts, who cares? Honestly? An MSO such as Cox can barely make sure a majority of it's sub base has the advertised speeds, who is worrying about technology which really only multiplexes QAM's to give you more download? MSO's don't even Max out DOCSIS 2. So I'm tired of hearing about DOCSIS 3. When it rolls out, it will be supported, nothing more than that. Your new DOCSIS 3 modem won't perform any better on a plant designed for DOCSIS 2 bandwidth.

Kill the DOCSIS 3 craze! Fight back with knowledge!

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by 60373562:

I am so tired of DOCSIS 3 posts, who cares? Honestly? An MSO such as Cox can barely make sure a majority of it's sub base has the advertised speeds, who is worrying about technology which really only multiplexes QAM's to give you more download? MSO's don't even Max out DOCSIS 2. So I'm tired of hearing about DOCSIS 3. When it rolls out, it will be supported, nothing more than that. Your new DOCSIS 3 modem won't perform any better on a plant designed for DOCSIS 2 bandwidth.

Kill the DOCSIS 3 craze! Fight back with knowledge!
I don't have any problems with my connection.

Ikyuao
join:2007-02-26
Wichita, KS

Ikyuao to 60373562

to 60373562
Don't worry, I'm sure they (Cox folks) will update their plant network from DOCSIS 2 to DOCSIS 3 and also I have great speeds here: