share rss forum feed

wilbilt
Pronto Resurrected
Premium
join:2004-01-11
Oroville, CA
reply to joako

Re: [Rant] USPS

I have received different answers at separate post offices regarding customs forms.

I had sent a few packages to Puerto Rico from one post office with no form required; and then attempted to send one from another post office. The postmaster at the second office insisted I needed to fill out a customs form.

I asked him to look it up to verify, and he refused, stating he knew the rules and didn't need to look it up.

I took the package to the other post office and they sent it without the form and no questions asked.
--
We were taking a vote when the ground came up and hit us.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
said by wilbilt:

I asked him to look it up to verify, and he refused, stating he knew the rules and didn't need to look it up.

At which point you ask to see his superior. If that doesn't get you any satisfaction, file a complaint with the Postmaster for that area. I've done that a few times over the years, and it did yield positive results.

We had a carrier serving my building who was nothing short of lazy, incompetent, and rude...constantly putting mail in the wrong boxes, sitting in our lobby and eating or talking on the phone when he was supposed to be putting the mail out, not putting out all the mail before leaving. Of course, he denied the complaints, so the tenant association documented his behavior for a couple of weeks (cell cameras and the builing's security video were quite handy). He finally got canned after he got caught napping after eating his daily burger and fries by a postal inspector who was sitting in the lobby the whole time.
--
There is no giant fur-bearing trout.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to wilbilt
said by wilbilt:

I have received different answers at separate post offices regarding customs forms.

I had sent a few packages to Puerto Rico from one post office with no form required; and then attempted to send one from another post office. The postmaster at the second office insisted I needed to fill out a customs form.

I took the package to the other post office and they sent it without the form and no questions asked.
Ya' know what you do when they give you a hard time? Tell them to cancel the transaction, go to the automated postal machine then come back and hand them the package.

One time my boss gave me his credit card to ship some packages. We all know how the post office is the bigest nazi with credit cards. They told me the signature didn't match, asked for ID, of course that didn't match. So I told her forget about it, I'll use the APC and I did. I made sure to give her the packages. She had to go and remove the postage, void them and even write up some form.
--
PRescott7-2097

Mr Stone
stupid should be painful
Premium
join:2001-06-20
From hell

said by joako:

Ya' know what you do when they give you a hard time? Tell them to cancel the transaction, go to the automated postal machine then come back and hand them the package.

One time my boss gave me his credit card to ship some packages. We all know how the post office is the bigest nazi with credit cards. They told me the signature didn't match, asked for ID, of course that didn't match. So I told her forget about it, I'll use the APC and I did. I made sure to give her the packages. She had to go and remove the postage, void them and even write up some form.

Yes I have done that a few times. It looks to piss them off. Good.

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

WOW!! What a Ride!

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to wilbilt
Yeah you don't need a customs form for PR I send packages and recieve Packages from PR regularly.

Joako only has to use it after it passes a certain rate it seems.