It costs $2.88 just wondering what it is
thanks

Lanik
Lab-nik

join:2001-06-25
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

Lanik

Its another name for Federal Universal Service Fee.

What is the Federal Universal Service Fee (FUSF)?

The Universal Service Fund charge is a surcharge collected from telecommunications carriers such as Verizon or SBC to support the federal Universal Service Fund. The Fund ensures that schools, libraries, rural hospitals, and other individuals have access to affordable telecommunications service. All communications providers must contribute to the fund based on revenue incurred during the previous year. Most carriers recover their Universal Service Fund charges from their customers in some form. The fee passed through to you depends on the fee assessed to SBC and is along with the services you have ordered. For additional information about this charge, contact the FCC at www.FCC.gov or call them at 1-888-225-5322

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to mbaha

Mod

to mbaha
»Re: Supplier Surcharge Recovery price increase

There are a number of old topics and posts in the forum about it:

»/nsear ··· very+Fee

Lanik
Lab-nik

San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

Lanik to mbaha

to mbaha
And from DSLX FAQ: »secure.dslextreme.com/Su ··· id=10749

confused_shopper
@verizon.net

confused_shopper to mbaha

Anon

to mbaha
Why do they save this easter egg until you're ready to check out? It borders on false advertisement, you can't get the service they advertise for the price they state...Verizon was upfront on what my price is and will be. I tried calling to the dslextreme customer noservice line and listened to the song twice to realize saving $1.66 a month isn't worth this.
MTB
join:2007-06-29
Newport Beach, CA

MTB

I would have to look, but I think I pay it twice, once for the line and once for the isp service.

It may be associated with a per service charge.

It should also be noted that they do not have to charge for this, but they choose to do so.

I have a hard time with this since if I have 10 cclass services on my line would I get 10 charges?

If I use AT&T for POTS and internet would I get 1 or 2 charges? What about U-verse, Fios or other bundles?

At the very lest I guess it needs more research and/or better explanation/understanding.

Zak_D_H
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Salt Lake City, UT

Zak_D_H to confused_shopper

Premium Member

to confused_shopper
said by confused_shopper :

Why do they save this easter egg until you're ready to check out? It borders on false advertisement, you can't get the service they advertise for the price they state...Verizon was upfront on what my price is and will be. I tried calling to the dslextreme customer noservice line and listened to the song twice to realize saving $1.66 a month isn't worth this.
Verizon's advertised speeds on they're website do not include the additional taxes they will charge on the phone bill for the DSL service.

You can expect to pay 2-3 dollars over the advertised cost of service regardless of the ISP you choose.

Lanik
Lab-nik

San Francisco, CA

Lanik to MTB

to MTB
From the link I posted earlier:
I already pay for the FUSF on my phone bill, why am I getting charged again?

The FUSF charges PER telecommunications service you use.

Some of these services include:

• Telephone service
• Cellular phone service
• DSL service

If you purchased DSL from your local phone company, you would then have 2 of these "services" and your FUSF fee on your phone bill would go up.

confused_shopper
@verizon.net

confused_shopper to Zak_D_H

Anon

to Zak_D_H
Looking at my recent bill from Verizon, there is one price, the high one they quoted me and nothing else. I'm just worried that someone advertises a price then that price isn't really available. The fees and taxes I believe you're speaking of are against the POTS line, which you will pay with or without DSL service. Does every ISP that isn't a ILEC charge this recovery fee?
Expand your moderator at work

mbaha
join:2009-03-01

mbaha

Re: What is "Supplier Surcharge Recovery Fee"

I guess it is just part of the redistribution of wealth...
Expand your moderator at work

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa to Lanik

Mod

to Lanik

(topic move) [Split] USR Fee?

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Split] USR Fee?

Reason: Not a DSLX question.