Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool to ztmike

Premium Member

to ztmike

Re: Speed upgrade

said by ztmike:

If you called and upgraded to "Ultra" (22/5) then yes. There is no free upgrade to Ultra.

(All Comcast speed tiers come with a 250GB monthly cap) unless you order the business tier. Which I believe is only 16/2
I don't think that's true. Several people in Chicago have reported that they got the upgrade to Ultra for free (I think someone may have even posted the letter they received.)

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

1 edit

ztmike

Premium Member

said by netcool:

said by ztmike:

If you called and upgraded to "Ultra" (22/5) then yes. There is no free upgrade to Ultra.

I don't think that's true. Several people in Chicago have reported that they got the upgrade to Ultra for free (I think someone may have even posted the letter they received.)
I find that hard to believe. That Comcast would give Blast users a "free" upgrade to 22/5.

But I guess I could be wrong..Comcast acts in strange ways across their service areas.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

Not all markets appear to charge/act the same, if I remember correctly, some markets were being charged a higher rate for Blast initially which may account for the "free" upgrade. Not fact based, just my opinion based on reading posts.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to ztmike

Premium Member

to ztmike
said by ztmike:
said by netcool:
said by ztmike:

I find that hard to believe. That Comcast would give Blast users a "free" upgrade to 22/5.

But I guess I could be wrong..Comcast acts in strange ways across their service areas.
I got the free upgrade! and also got a letter..
I went to the local comcast office and picked up a 3.0 modem

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

Sunny

said by SuperNet:

I don't really see that as a free upgrade since it appears to me you are paying about what I would pay if I upgrade my 16/2 ($52.95) connection to 22/5 ($62.95+$3 modem rental.)

From what you said here, you seem to be paying $61.95 for Ultra and, my assumption, since you didn't say, is that you also pay $3/mo. for the modem lease.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

tshirt

Premium Member

The same offer is available here.
If you read the terms (or even the Op's posts), it is for existing customers of CATV or CDV and the $65= cost is listed as a "starter" rate (promo?) but I don't see a normal rate, it says call for details.
I don't think the letter is a special offer as much as it is an ad.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
said by Sunny:
said by SuperNet:

I don't really see that as a free upgrade since it appears to me you are paying about what I would pay if I upgrade my 16/2 ($52.95) connection to 12/5 ($62.95+$3 modem rental.)

From what you said here, you seem to be paying $61.95 for Ultra and, my assumption, since you didn't say, is that you also pay $3/mo. for the modem lease.
True, i am paying $62.95 + 3.00 modem( but on a promo for 45.00 ) a month for 6 months

But I thought ultra should be 74.95 a month.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to ztmike

Premium Member

to ztmike
said by ztmike:

But I guess I could be wrong..
Just like myself, it wouldn't be the first time..