Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

1 edit
reply to netcool

Re: Speed upgrade

said by netcool:

said by ztmike:

If you called and upgraded to "Ultra" (22/5) then yes. There is no free upgrade to Ultra.

I don't think that's true. Several people in Chicago have reported that they got the upgrade to Ultra for free (I think someone may have even posted the letter they received.)
I find that hard to believe. That Comcast would give Blast users a "free" upgrade to 22/5.

But I guess I could be wrong..Comcast acts in strange ways across their service areas.

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

Not all markets appear to charge/act the same, if I remember correctly, some markets were being charged a higher rate for Blast initially which may account for the "free" upgrade. Not fact based, just my opinion based on reading posts.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to ztmike

said by ztmike:

said by netcool:

said by ztmike:

If you called and upgraded to "Ultra" (22/5) then yes. There is no free upgrade to Ultra.

I don't think that's true. Several people in Chicago have reported that they got the upgrade to Ultra for free (I think someone may have even posted the letter they received.)
I find that hard to believe. That Comcast would give Blast users a "free" upgrade to 22/5.

But I guess I could be wrong..Comcast acts in strange ways across their service areas.
I got the free upgrade! and also got a letter..
I went to the local comcast office and picked up a 3.0 modem
--
Comcast HSI 16/2 / MagicJack - VoIP / at&t iPhone 3G /
»www.RestartYourComputer.net - IT Techs, Send people here to restart their computer

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 edit

said by SuperNet9:

I don't really see that as a free upgrade since it appears to me you are paying about what I would pay if I upgrade my 16/2 ($52.95) connection to 22/5 ($62.95+$3 modem rental.)

From what you said here, you seem to be paying $61.95 for Ultra and, my assumption, since you didn't say, is that you also pay $3/mo. for the modem lease.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

The same offer is available here.
If you read the terms (or even the Op's posts), it is for existing customers of CATV or CDV and the $65= cost is listed as a "starter" rate (promo?) but I don't see a normal rate, it says call for details.
I don't think the letter is a special offer as much as it is an ad.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to sortofageek

said by sortofageek:

said by SuperNet9:

I don't really see that as a free upgrade since it appears to me you are paying about what I would pay if I upgrade my 16/2 ($52.95) connection to 12/5 ($62.95+$3 modem rental.)

From what you said here, you seem to be paying $61.95 for Ultra and, my assumption, since you didn't say, is that you also pay $3/mo. for the modem lease.
True, i am paying $62.95 + 3.00 modem( but on a promo for 45.00 ) a month for 6 months

But I thought ultra should be 74.95 a month.
--
Comcast HSI 16/2 / MagicJack - VoIP / at&t iPhone 3G /
»www.RestartYourComputer.net - IT Techs, Send people here to restart their computer

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to ztmike

said by ztmike:

But I guess I could be wrong..
Just like myself, it wouldn't be the first time..