Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bazuul

join:2003-09-30
San Jose, CA
reply to DarkLogix

Re: [Connectivity] Excellent support from Comcast HSI LiveChat s

Powerboost seems to be working fine, peaking over 20mbps.

On a side note, I tried to upgrade to 30 Ultra tier, that requires DOCSIS 3.0, and was told that Comcast currently does not support customer owned DOCSIS 3.0 modems... I would have to lease one from Comcast to get that tier.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
said by Bazuul:

On a side note, I tried to upgrade to 30 Ultra tier, that requires DOCSIS 3.0, and was told that Comcast currently does not support customer owned DOCSIS 3.0 modems... I would have to lease one from Comcast to get that tier.
That makes no sense to me. They provisioned your customer owned D3 modem for the lower tier, but say they don't support customer owned DOCSIS 3.0 modems. Huh? I don't get that.
--
Write me up a 125.......I Can't Drive 55 »redrocker.com/ »cabowabo.com/

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to Bazuul
If you want that tier, I would give customer service a call again - that information does not sound correct. As long as it's on their supported modem list, which the SB6120 is, I don't see why it would matter one way or the other if its customer owned or leased.

bshelly
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC
reply to Bazuul
Agreed, I don't see why they would restrict your customer-owned DOCSIS compliant modem. Sounds like a bunch of hogwash to me. Call back and escalate if necessary. Stupid Comcast strikes again!

jlivingood
Premium,VIP
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

D3 modems have only very recently come into retail channels, so it could just be they were not aware they were available yet. You should be able to escalate and get them to provision this for you. If you continue to have issues, please PM me and I will ensure you are handled properly.

Jason
--
JL
Comcast