spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hwnsista
@rr.com

Hwnsista

Anon

[Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

My husband found this ad on craigslist and responded then recieved this email below

Lt. Steve Hoinski to me
show details Mar 8 (2 days ago) Reply

Hello,
You have to know that the 2005 Audi A4 1.8T ULTRA SPORT PKG I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 64.000 miles. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.
Here are the pics of the car :
»s619.photobucket.com/alb ··· vehaudi/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)
As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied with the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back.
I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2950. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Lt. Steve Hoinski

*Next
First I was wondering why he would state his intentions in Spain military don't do that and who's going to pay for the fuel for the cargo jet thats big bucks.... Soo Bull!
we got these invoices that looked like the real thing but I had to investigate come to found out I found this site and I found this car was never put on ebay.... so crazy!!! Watch out for these scams, really don't waste your hard earned money on B.S.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States ...
It amazing how there is of this transport of cars overseas, and back. I would treat that as already highly dubious, and a warning of a probable scam.
Watch out for these scams, really don't waste your hard earned money on B.S.
Indeed, that's a good warning.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
post the invoices for our inspection. never can hurt to save others. this type of scam has been around for a number of years

Jazmine
@comcast.net

Jazmine to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista
Thank you for posting this information. My brother almost fell for this scam. I knew it was to good to be true. I think you should post the invoices so that people know what to look out for.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to Hwnsista

to Hwnsista
Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but how exactly does this scam work? Is it a simple case of you sending the money and them sending nothing, or is there more to it than that?

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
someone is selling a car for super duper cheap, with a cover story of being overseas for various reasons and their car is being held in escrow in the states. You pay to an "escrow service" so you can then "inspect" the car, but in reality the car is never theirs to begin with and the money is already gone. images of cars are hotlinked from other sites and being sold as theirs. just like in the op post, it usually starts like that. "title is clear, working no dings scratches etc"

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

1 recommendation

joako to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
Audi "100% working" and "no flaws" don't belong in the same sentence. 100% a scam.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
i also realized they didnt even include the VIN. they bought a clue to make it harder for me to find the original
mikeo9
join:2009-04-09

1 edit

mikeo9 to Hwnsista

to Hwnsista
Did that get posted for everyone to see. Or was that sent to you.. sorry I am new to this. How do I post it for all/can you forward that back to me. Thanks. And good luck with you car purchases in the future.

.. Ill leave that cause I think its kinda funny.. sorry all im a noob at this .. ok .. lets try this again.

So a similar situation happened to me within the last two days.. I always check these forum when I think I'm being scammed so I wanted to share this one.

I saw an add on carigslist for a motorcycle. Look like a too good to be true deal, but responded. Here is the response:

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another bike.
I saw you are interested in my 2008 Honda CBR 600cc. The bike has 780 miles( it's like new ) - i gotta sell it fast because of my job. Rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident( never been laid down ).This is one of the best bikes I have owned so far. The bike has a CLEAN title.I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to waste with endless discussions. I believe $3,800 is more than a fair price. Let me know if you wanna buy it.

Thank you,

Lt. Paul Jackson

P.S. More pictures here:
»s638.photobucket.com/alb ··· onda600/

First thing that tipped me off to it being a scam was immediately after I recieved a response I researched craigslist for the posting and it was gone. In the email, he answered all but one of my questions, which I found odd. Also, was in a rush to sell, which was another bad sign. Giving the benefit of the doubt, people have their reasons some times, I responded back. Told him I would like the VIN number and would like to see the bike, test drive it, and if everything checked out we would make the exchange that day. His response:

The bike is at MacDill AFB, Tampa Bay, FL, where I am currently stationed, until April 19th, when I will be deployed to Iraq (I'm a US AirForce Lieutenant). This is why I must sell it before that date. Shipping won't be a problem for me,being a military I have access to some special facilities. I will take care of that, with no costs on your end. This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like Ebay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep a deposit until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the bike. If you will not get the bike as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my bike just let me know your name and shipping address.
I will forward these to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval.
You can reach me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or you can leave me your phone # as well.

Thank you,
Lt. Paul Jackson

you can see the vin number in the pictures I uploaded

It is obvious now that it is a scam. This was also posted in a philadelphia craigslist posting. So what should I do now? I am kinda tempted to response and see what the next stage of the scam would be. What do you think?

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Sure, screw with him. Also, post the email's headers here in a code block -- we'll tell you where the mail's originating from (unless he's using gmail or another client that hides his IP).
mikeo9
join:2009-04-09

mikeo9

he is using gmail .. I will reply and see what happens
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD

MVM

Post his phone number too, since there is no question that he is a scammer. I am sure it is a voip throw away number anyway. However, it will be archived by search engines for other potential victims to find.

MGD

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

4 edits

pcdebb to mikeo9

Premium Member

to mikeo9
said by mikeo9:

he is using gmail .. I will reply and see what happens
hey, tell him you have a "friend" in Tampa that will check it out for you, i can get access to the base

he's quite evasive about the VIN, it isnt too readable (or it's just my bad eyes). since it's located here, i shouldnt have any issues pulling it up with a FL title

scratch that:
here's the ebay auction
»cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ ··· orcycles
the "vin" picture matches.
one truth is it's really located here in Tampa, being sold by a dealer(Total Toys). I used to live a few blocks from the location.

Santosh Gudge
@comcast.net

Santosh Gudge to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista
BEAWARE OF THIS GUY !!!

i was almost going to pay , thanks to my brother-in-law.

Hello,

You have to know that the 2005 Toyota Corolla CE I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 19,300 miles. The VIN# is 2T1BR32E95C440305.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.

»s565.photobucket.com/alb ··· a05nice/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied with the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back.

I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2900. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Lt. Sean Brendan

this is FAKE .....

and then he sends this...

eBay Motors VPP Transaction Case ID 753839710

eBay Motors member Sean Brendan (usarec.army.mil57@msn.com), as the Seller, initiated a new transaction through eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection program and registered you Santosh Gudge (sngudge@hotmail.com), as the Buyer.We have verified all the details of this transaction,we concluded that they are accurate and the transaction si approved. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely. Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to US $50,000.00 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Buy Confidently with our Vehicle Purchase Protection Program

Vehicle Purchase Protection
Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $50,000.00 against fraud or material misrepresentation.
Condition Guarantee by Seller
Provides added confidence that the vehicle's condition is accurately described and protects you if it is significantly different.
Extended Warranty
Protects you from unexpected repair bills after the vehicle purchase.

New eBay Motors VPP Transaction

Case ID: 753839710

Item Title: 2005 Toyota Corolla CE
Price: $2,900.00

Seller Verified Profile:

Registered e-mail address

usarec.army.mil57@msn.com

Identity and Contact Information Verified.
Continues to meet strict Membership Criteria.
Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.
Purchase Protection Coverage up to
$50,000.00.

Complete the transaction in 5 easy steps

Buyer and Seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts eBay Motors with the transaction details;
eBay Motors accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the Buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from neither Buyer or Seller);
The Buyer receives an invoice and sends the payment to eBay Motors. After the payment is verified by eBay Motors, the Seller will initiate the shipping;
The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 10 business days to inspect it. If it is as described and as agreed, the Buyer should accept the vehicle.

After the inspection period is over (10 business days), the Buyer must contact eBay Motors with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the vehicle, he will receive the refund . If the Buyer accepts the vehicle, the payment will be sent to the Seller within three (3) business days.

Vehicle Purchase Protection Overview

Buy with confidence on eBay Motors! The Vehicle Purchase Protection program protects your vehicle purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation. This program is provided by eBay Motors for FREE on all eligible vehicle transactions completed on eBay Motors.. There's no sign-up, opt-in, or registration necessary.

The following types of fraud and material misrepresentation are covered:
Paying for a vehicle and never receiving it;
Sending a deposit for a vehicle and never receiving the vehicle;
Paying for and receiving a vehicle:
that was a stolen vehicle at the time of the transaction;
with an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title;
of a make and/or model that is different than what was described in the seller's listing;
without receiving the title for that vehicle from the seller, if it is impossible for you to obtain a title from the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles;
whose title is subject to an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage title brand at the time of the sale;
with a model year that is different than the model year described in the seller's listing or
with an odometer reading that is different than the odometer reading described in the seller's listing.

Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $50,000.00 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower. The program covers Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATVs, Go-Karts, Scooters, Mopeds, Personal Watercraft, Snowmobiles, Boats, Buses, Commercial Trucks, Race Cars, RVs and Campers, Trailers.

Help

For any questions please contact eBay Motors Customer Support at ebay@vppmotors-financialcenter.com.

Thank you,
eBay Motors Customer Support
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program

K Patterson
Premium Member
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH

K Patterson

Premium Member

There's a half a dozen of these every day on the larger Craig's list sites.

100% con.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

1 recommendation

Snowy to Santosh Gudge

Premium Member

to Santosh Gudge
said by Santosh Gudge :

For any questions please contact eBay Motors Customer Support at ebay@vppmotors-financialcenter.com.

Thank you,
eBay Motors Customer Support
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program
The domain "vppmotors-financialcenter.com"
is not an eBay domain, just a carded domain set up by the scammer.
Domain Name:VPPMOTORS-FINANCIALCENTER.COM
Created On:24-Feb-2009 02:45:32 UTC
Last Updated On:24-Feb-2009 02:45:32 UTC
Expiration Date:24-Feb-2010 02:45:32 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC / No-IP.com
Registrant Name:Roncolato, Carolyn
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street1:ATTN: vppmotors-financialcenter.com, c/o No-IP.com Registration Privacy
Registrant Street2:P.O. Box 19083
Registrant City:Reno
Registrant State/Province:NV
Registrant Postal Code:89511
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7758531883
Registrant FAX:
Registrant Email:d19a1f5b105438a9-320460@privacy.no-ip.com
Admin Name:Roncolato, Carolyn
Admin Street1:ATTN: vppmotors-financialcenter.com, c/o No-IP.com Registration Privacy
Admin Street2:P.O. Box 19083
Admin City:Reno
Admin State/Province:NV
Admin Postal Code:89511
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.7758531883
Admin FAX:
Admin Email:d19a1f5b105438a9-320460@privacy.no-ip.com

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
i'm not finding the toyota too easily, must have snatched it from a private listing from a local place.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to Hwnsista

to Hwnsista
As soon as the words describing no damages(usually word for word the same), Military, overseas, escrow, clear title, etc. you KNOW it is a scam.

Mikenyc
@verizon.net

Mikenyc to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista
I was looking at craigslist to buy a car and responded some of the posters. Here is one of the sellers who responded to me and I thought to disclose it here for other buyers safety. Now you will be the judge ....
-----------------------------------
Hello,

You have to know that the 2005 Toyota Corolla CE I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 19,300 miles. The VIN# is 2T1BR32E95C440305.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.

»s565.photobucket.com/alb ··· a05nice/

I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2900. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Lt. Sean Brendan

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

Scam.

This part: "I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships" is a pretty standard part of the MO of these criminals.

garys_2k
Premium Member
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista
That same letter is here: »www.tacticaltechnique.co ··· ne-scam/

It's a scam, don't even bother replying.
K Patterson
Premium Member
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH

K Patterson

Premium Member

These are on every Craig's list website every day. Craig's list has a way to flag them, and most last only a few minutes.

almost scammed
@callsat-telecom.com

almost scammed to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista
thank you very much! i was about to be scammed this week by this. i suggest people who encounter this form of scam to contact the bank that holds the account and let them know. they will know the legal procedure. thank you again. i will post the details of my scammer so that others who will search it come here.

Hi,

I am writing you regarding my 2006 RANGE ROVER SPORT 2.7 TDV6 HSE with 71,500 miles. Just want to let you know that i still have the car so if you really want to buy it, come back to me. I am after a fast sale !!

The car has no scratches, no dents,never implied in accidents, never smoke inside. Looks great outside and inside I can say that it looks like a new one, and has been always keep in garage.

More Pics with my car at
»s651.photobucket.com/alb ··· geRover/

My job put me on the way to Cyprus and I purchased this car there. Now I have to sell it as I've got back home in Germany.

The price for this brilliant car is only £6.000.

I am out of country with some business. I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle. The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate as I`ve always keep it in garage, no hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition.

Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in United Kingdom anymore, I only accept third party transaction mediator ... and I am talking about eBay.

All documents, including V5 log book on your name will be provided along with the car.Please if you want to know more information's about my car you`re free to ask everything you like.

Have a good day!
Janice Griffiths
KGB7
join:2003-12-17
Rockville, MD

KGB7 to Hwnsista

to Hwnsista
Its very simple to weed out the real deal from scamers. Once you know where they are located, tell them that your brother in law lives down the street and will pop in today after 5 to take a look at the car/bike.

And if they refuse, tell them thanks for your home address, i have called the cops to pick your ass up.

FBI
@comcast.net

FBI to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Craiglist / Ebay Motors Scam

Below is the quote on responding to a craiglist ad for CBR600 motorcycle.
===========Quote===========(1st Email from scammer)
Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another bike.I saw you are interested in my 2008 Honda CBR 600cc.Here are some details regarding the bike:it has 780 miles( it's like new ) - i gotta sell it fast because of my job.It's rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident( never been laid down either).No water / flood or storm damage.This is one of the best bikes I have owned so far.I have the clear title in my hand.I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to engage in endless discussions. I believe $3,800 is more than a fair price for this bike.Let me know if you are interested. Thank you,Lt. William Cooper P.S. Here are some pictures with the bike: »s640.photobucket.com/alb ··· acbr600/
===================un-quote============
my response............

Hi,

I almost have a deal in hand, but certainly that can wait.
Please let me know when and where can I see the bike.

Thankyou.
Cheers xyz
==================Quote========(2nd Email from scammer)
The bike is at MacDill AFB, Tampa Bay, FL, where I am currently stationed, until May 14th, when I will be deployed to Iraq (I'm a US AirForce Lieutenant). Shipping won't be a problem for me,being a military I have access to some special facilities. I will take care of that, with no costs on your end.It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user’s manual,insurance). This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like Ebay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep a deposit until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the bike. If you will not get the bike as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my bike just let me know your name, shipping address and a phone number where I can reach you if necessary and I will forward these to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval.
Thank you,Lt. William Cooper

====================un-quote==============
my response.............

Hi, Let me know your phone and street address where I can meet you and see the bike. And we can finalize the deal. You dont need to ship it.

Thanks, xyz

---------------------------will post the response as soon as i have it.........................

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to Hwnsista

Premium Member

to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

wow, he needs to move on to another bike, it was already sold (legitimately), and these Macdill AFB officers are just flipping it apparently
»Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

garys_2k
Premium Member
Farmington, MI

1 recommendation

garys_2k to FBI

Premium Member

to FBI

Re: [Scam] Craiglist / Ebay Motors Scam

Gee, I'm surprised Lt. Cooper didn't tell you -- he's no longer stationed at MacDill, he's now in Germany. Oh, and nobody on the base has access to it, either.

scamtroll
@cogentco.com

scamtroll

Anon

My brother is new to the Internet and saw an ad for a van he wanted. Here's a reply, from a U.S. soldier now in England. I guess the mugshot URL is supposed to add an aura of authenticity to the transaction:

============================================
Hello,

This is a 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring, 6 Cyl, Automatic, with Gray Leather Interior, Navigation System, Premium Sound, TV/DVD, Sunroof, ONLY 22,879 Miles, VIN 5FNRL38847B007281.

Here you can find more pictures with the car: »s735.photobucket.com/alb ··· s_album/

It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in UK and the car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.

The shipping will take up to 7 business days and you will also have 10 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle from the moment it arrives at your place. There will be no extra or hidden taxes for you to pay since the car is still registered in US. In case you decide not to keep the car I'm responsible for shipping back costs.

I must say that this is a US model car, with the steering wheel on the left side, as opposed to a UK model, that has the steering wheel on the right side.

As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to sell this car through eBay or craigslist.

Our transaction will be entirely through eBay Motors and we both will be covered.
The final price is $5,000 including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great day,

Sgt. James B. Lucas
»www.lakenheath.af.mil/sh ··· -005.jpg

PS. Sorry for the long email I have tried to touch all bases

==========================================

And here the ebay agent he wants me to send the money to:

Bank name: Barclays Bank PLC - Wembley Park Branch
Band address: 55 Bridge Road, Wembley Park, Wembley,HA9 9AH, United Kingdom
Bank SWIFT Code (BIC): BARCGB22xxx
Bank Sort Code: 20-92-63
Account Holder: Attila Szekely
Account Holder Address: 6 Burlington Apartaments, 100 Anerley Park, SE20 8NR, London, United Kingdom
Account Number: GB22BARC20926303480224
IBAN: GB22 BARC 2092 6303 4802 24

Cedes
@mts.net

Cedes

Anon

CeWe are going through this scam as well, but it was for a 2004 Porsche Cayanne Turbo for 6500.00 shipping included on auto trader. The lady was recently divorced and moved from Vancouver to London UK. The vehicle is at a shipping yard all ready to be shipped. We ran a carfax and the last known title was in June of 2007 in California. She says she never had the time to register it...go figure. We have gone as far as getting the email from ebay motors invoice to send money through money gram. I have contacted ebay three times as to this and they keep giving me the same response...this is a scam! I am not sure if anything can be done about this and hopefully no one else falls for it. The seller is Claude Vachon.

DanielleD
@bellsouth.net

DanielleD to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

SO disappointed to find out that my $2950 2007 Honda Fit in perfect condition and clean title are a scam!!!

Lt. Kevin Yorkes (who we have googled, by the way - seems like a real Lt. somewhere) is in North Dakota and is deploying on the 15th of this month and needs to sell by the 14th. Interestingly, he has taken over a day to reply to any of our inquiries. He also sent a link to pictures on photobucket. The carfax was clean, but in all was in Michigan and never registered in North Dakota.

I originally saw the ad on craigslist and contacted him. Went back to check the listing and it was "marked for removal," then disappeared. He has also said, almost verbatim, the whole ebay third party thing. He keeps asking for my full shipping address and I keep telling him he'll have it once the ebay listing is posted and I purchase it.

Oh well, I thought this was too good to be true!!