how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Owe

@bellsouth.net
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

It would seem as though these scams are a dime a dozen. Here is a convo I had with a "girl in new york" about buying a pickup truck.

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:00:25 +0000
Subject: RE: 2000 Ford : F250 Lariat Crew Cab Short-Bed 4X4 Lifted

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my truck. This is a 2000 Ford F250 Lariat 4X4 in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident; the title is clear.

I sell at this price($2,900.00) because I just finished the divorce with my husband and the truck is an unpleasant memory. When the divorce has finished I own this truck. Now I moved to my parents in Brooklyn, NY and the truck is here in Brooklyn at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping. I don't have anyone there to help me with the sale and I decided to make this transaction through eBay. According with eBay you will have 5 days to inspect and test drive it upon arrival with no obligation to buy. Should the truck not be exactly as described, you can cancel the deal, and get a full refund of your money. In maximum 36 hours the truck will be at your address. The shipping and the return shipping is 100% free, there won't be any extra cost for you. You will not loose any money or pay any other than the price. I just need your full name and address so I can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees).

VIN: 1FTNW21F0YEA60460, Mileage: 125,831, Body type: Pickup truck, Engine: 8 Cylinder(7.3L V8 Powerstroke), Transmission: Automatic, Fuel type: Diesel, Exterior color: Black, Interior color: Tan.

Leather seats, 4-Wheel drive, CD player, Anti-lock brakes, Driver airbag, Passenger airbag, Cruise control, Power locks, Power seats, Power windows, Air conditioning.

*I wanted to see how far the rabbit hole went to I sent the mailing address and here is the email I got from "ebay"

Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy! Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase 2000 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4

Sent By:
"support payments vpp" -support.payments.vpp@gmail.com On: Sep 09/22/09 10:18 AM

On Behalf Of: "eBay Motors" -checkout@safe-payment-inc.com

The trick to catching these gimmicks right out of the gate is viewing the source. Regardless what the "name" is look at the sender or reply address. It doens't matter that it may say "Ebay or Paypal or safe and secure". Out to the side it will give you the reply info or source info. Ebay and Paypal communication will say @ebay/paypal.com.

BEWARE -NATASHA GAMMON- from Brooklyn, New York

K Patterson
Premium,MVM
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH
kudos:1

2 recommendations

Just for your amusement, here is the real ad for that truck:

»cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI···iewitem=

$14,800.

cdtempe

@comcast.net
reply to Hwnsista

The guy I contacted was kind enough to explain the whole thing in detail (below). He has a different story. He sent me a CarFAX report & it checked out true (I ran one independently & it matched the pictures and his story...except the one I ran listed the car as currently in "a dealer inventory"). The "invoice" from "ebay motors" provided two options for payment: Western Union wire or "Harris Bank Account Transfer." Hmm, that's funny, ebay forbids both.

Here are his emails...

Subject: RE: Honda 4 sale
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:31:08 -0800

Hi again,

I will attach the carfax report here. Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company »www.dasautoshippers.com, who works with ebay motors) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program. Let me explain you how the ebay process works.
The process works something like this:

1. You send the requested amount to an ebay motors representative.
2. Ebay will confirm me that you have made the payment.
3. I will ship the car so you can Inspect, test and make a decision if you will keep it or not.
4. If you will not get EXACTLY the same car that you have viewed in my ad, and also a CLEAR title you will receive all your money back from ebay motors.
5. If everything is ok ebay motors will get the approval from you to release the funds to me.
All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction.

Thank you,

John Flakes
Lancaster, SC 29720

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:38:59 -0600
> From: johnflakess@msn.com
> Subject: Re: Honda 4 sale
>
> Hi there,
>
I wanted to let you know that my car is still available and it is located in Lancaster, SC. I had a buyer offering $2,750 but his loan didn't get approved. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial problems that I have and with our economy imagine this..So I'm willing to let it go for ($2.300 + $400 shipping cost already paid) $2,700 and since I only have one, First come, First served. My 2003 Honda Accord EX looks like new with only 121,334 miles on board.
The car is in great condition inside, outside and mechanically. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. Shipping is included in the final price ($400), as I explained, my buyer changed his mind after I have made the arrangements to ship the car. The trucking company would not refund me but can ship my car to anywhere within continental US (NOT Canada), so I've left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime. I will wait your decision, also, for pics »s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu18···ence_bb/.
I can provide you the carfax report if you ask to prove mileage report and also that I am offer for selling.
>
> John Flakes
> Lancaster, SC 29720
>
> PS: Unfortunately I can't speak over the phone, I sell the car due some circumstances in my life. I had an accident and I am 95% deaf from an accident that damaged the nerves to my hearing. I go every day to do treatment here at a clinic. Don't worry the accident wasn't in the Honda.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

3 edits
reply to Hwnsista

he simply paid for carfax like you did, and made a few "changes".

i'm always suspicious when a car for sale doesn't show pics of mileage and VIN

While DAS is in the business of shipping cars, i dont see much evidence, other than the front page (that was recently edited), that this company has anything to do with ebay. bbb has conflicting info as well. In any case, always be careful, your emails has all the warning signs.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Owe

said by Mr Owe :

It would seem as though these scams are a dime a dozen. Here is a convo I had with a "girl in new york" about buying a pickup truck.

*I wanted to see how far the rabbit hole went to I sent the mailing address and here is the email I got from "ebay"

Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy! Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase 2000 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4

The trick to catching these gimmicks right out of the gate is viewing the source. Regardless what the "name" is look at the sender or reply address. It doens't matter that it may say "Ebay or Paypal or safe and secure". Out to the side it will give you the reply info or source info. Ebay and Paypal communication will say @ebay/paypal.com.

The trick to stopping these scams dead in their tracks is asking where the ad is to buy the vehicle through eBay here »www.motors.ebay.com/ using your eBay Account. Bam! That's it. They can't provide a valid link to an ad on eBay Motors. Everyone is already "Approved To Buy" if they have an eBay Account.

No one is looking at eBay' Motors Web Site and reading the facts. eBay forbids buying "outside" of eBay, which seems to elude the people that do get scammed and those that eventually figure out it is a scam. If you don't see the vehicle in an ad at »www.motors.ebay.com/ then it is a scam, 100% guaranteed! ~ No money back, no VPP ~ Say bye bye to your money forever the minute you leave Western Union's or Money Gram's building and tell the scammer seller that you have sent their ill gotten gains your purchase money.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

GM

@hrec.coop
reply to Hwnsista

RV Scam

Here is another one for a 2004 Holiday Ramble Endeavor which should sell for $125K. IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.....
Hey again,

If you have other questions regarding the RV please email me all your questions and I will be happy to help you in any way , I prefer to discuss this transaction by email

Here's how this deal works out.
I'll have the RV and all documents (including clear title) shipped to you, at my expense, through DAS . I confirm that you'll also have a 5 days inspection period before making your decision. For the financial part of this transaction we'll go through eBay's motors purchase protection program. They will send you the invoice containing more details about our transaction, including payment details. You will have to send the money through bank wire transfer to an account managed by one of their transaction officers. After they secure your payment I will start shipping. The RV will arrive in no more than 7 days depending on your location. The money is going to be kept secured in an eBay bank account until the inspection period is over. If you find any problems, that I've failed to mention, you will get your money back, in full, no questions asked.
If you agree with these terms and you have the funds available,confirm and I will have eBay contact you with more details. To move to the step I need your Shipping address

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

Did you see what they would do/how they would respond when asked where their Ad/Auction Page at eBay Motors was located (aka the Ad/Auction link) so that you could start the purchase by using your eBay Account to make the Buy It Now Purchase and be covered under VPP which is only for purchases made at/through the »www.motors.ebay.com/ web site? That would stop them dead in their tracks as no legitimate eBay Motors Invoice can be generated without your clicking a Buy it Now Ad/Auction on a eBay Motors web page. The rest is all misdirection and BS from the scammer.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

i wonder if DAS is being exploited in some way or are they in on the whole scheme

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

said by pcdebb:

i wonder if DAS is being exploited in some way or are they in on the whole scheme
Tell me what you think after reading this:

I Found This Great Used Car Online!
»www.dasautoshippers.com/Default.···abid=343
--

not2bscammed

@frontiernet.net
reply to Hwnsista

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me. The conversation is nearly verbatim to what I have read in other posts. The original ad was posted through a website in Utah KSL.com Here is a copy of my email from "her":

My car is still available. Acura only 32,100 original miles on board, it is located in Windsor, CT, you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. Non-smoker. The inside is clean, like new. Runs great, very smooth, meticulously maintained. To have a finish like this, it is obvious that this vehicle has been garaged. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. I love this car but I have to let it go. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I had a buyer offering $3,300 but his loan didn't get approved. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial and medical problems that I have and with our economy imagine this. So I'm willing to let it go for ($2,800 + $200 shipping cost already paid) $3,000 and since I only have one, First come, First served.The vin # is: 19UUA66275A049449 I guarantee that you will be more than 101% satisfied to own my car.I will wait to contact me ASAP, I need to know if you are really serious to become the owner.Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program.The car will be insured during transportation and it will be delivered at your address in maximum 1-2 business days (depends of your location). Along with the car you will receive a bill of sale in your name and signed by me and the title of the car. All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

said by not2bscammed :

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me.

[snip]

All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.
That is the scam as there is no ad/no auction page or link to one at eBay Motors. End of scam attempt right there.

The process is explained at eBay Motors regarding vehicle purchases plus how VPP (Vehicle Purchase Protection) is only available when buying at eBay Motors and no where else. You (the Buyer) have to initiate the purchase by selecting the vehicle's eBay Motors auction page using your eBay Account and then selecting "Buy It Now" at eBay. Otherwise it is 100% fake/false aka a real scam. You cannot initiate or start a eBay VPP covered transaction using email.
--

dc_killz

@ckt.net
reply to Hwnsista

I had this same thing happen to me.............. The fake name she used was Kimberly Walker..... also in the military...... I reported this scam to the FBI computer crimes unit.......... here is the link »www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx if enough of us complain maybe they will catch these crooks.... my email is dc_killz@yahoo.com if anyone wants to email me about it..

Regards,
Derek Coates

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to not2bscammed

said by not2bscammed :

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me. The conversation is nearly verbatim to what I have read in other posts. The original ad was posted through a website in Utah KSL.com Here is a copy of my email from "her":

My car is still available. Acura only 32,100 original miles on board, it is located in Windsor, CT, you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. Non-smoker. The inside is clean, like new. Runs great, very smooth, meticulously maintained. To have a finish like this, it is obvious that this vehicle has been garaged. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. I love this car but I have to let it go. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I had a buyer offering $3,300 but his loan didn't get approved. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial and medical problems that I have and with our economy imagine this. So I'm willing to let it go for ($2,800 + $200 shipping cost already paid) $3,000 and since I only have one, First come, First served.The vin # is: 19UUA66275A049449 I guarantee that you will be more than 101% satisfied to own my car.I will wait to contact me ASAP, I need to know if you are really serious to become the owner.Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program.The car will be insured during transportation and it will be delivered at your address in maximum 1-2 business days (depends of your location). Along with the car you will receive a bill of sale in your name and signed by me and the title of the car. All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.
I love the little things in their sales pitch that makes me laugh. "101% satisfied". Really? why not just the 100% or 110% or something? I didn't find any dirty hits on the vin

as far as DAS, I guess it's easy to exploit them, being they are a shipper of legit cars being sold on ebay. a person trying to verify if they are a real shipper will find that they really are, but not for the nefarious reasons in these fake ads.
--
| map your city | tweet |

Jdiva

join:2009-11-07
Orange, NJ
reply to Mr Owe

Look up Ebays Motor Vehicle Protection Program (by Jdiva) in the forums. I just posted it and can't duplicate...plz let me know what I should do.
Thx

Mike200015

@rogers.com
reply to Hwnsista

I found a good car deal on AutoTrader, and got a similar email about moving overseas to the U.K. and the car is being held by eBay in their warehouse. I am not sure 100% if it is a scam, but looks very similar to the ones I've been reading here. What do you guys think of this?

Email is as follows:
"
If you are interested in it you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. To get more photos and description please access this URL »www.pixagogo.com/... . The total price that I’m asking including shipping and insurance fees will be $2,500.00CDN. The car is absolutely perfect, it has a clear title, has never been repaired, never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! I moved to England, United Kingdom due to my work, where European specs are different from the Canadian ones and it costs me too much driving it legally here and also there is nobody interested in buying it here that’s why I am selling so cheap hoping to find a buyer since the car is located in Canada. If you are still interested please let me know and i will provide you more information about the payment and shipping. "

And the follow-up email was:

"The current location of the vehicle is British Columbia, Canada under ebay's custody ready to be delivered to the buyer!I have a verry easy way of making the exchange i will explain everything:
Ebay is supervising the entire sale process from payment, transportation with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed, no extra costs here) and refunding. The car is in their warehouse in Vancouver, B.C. ready for delivery. I can provide free transportation to any location in Canada in maximum 4 days! Before that you have to make the payment up front to ebay the full amount. You will also receive all the documents, title with my signature on the back for a quick ownership exchange, all manuals and 3 sets of keys. If you are really interested in this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address for delivery, phone number.
Once i get the details from you I will forward them to ebay and they will proceed the order. Ebay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that i am covered by them and that I am legit seller."

I am really suspicious of this, but cannot be sure.

Mike

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

It's a scam, for sure.

The reference to eBay is pretty clear evidence of this. It is clear eBay policy, that everything in the sale be done through the eBay site, and not privately. So this is a scammer trying to make it sound as if eBay is involved, when there is no actual eBay involvement.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 11.0; firefox 3.0.15

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
reply to Mike200015

said by Mike200015 :

I found a good car deal on AutoTrader, and got a similar email about moving overseas to the U.K. and the car is being held by eBay in their warehouse. I am not sure 100% if it is a scam, but looks very similar to the ones I've been reading here. What do you guys think of this?

Email is as follows:
"
Once i get the details from you I will forward them to ebay and they will proceed the order. Ebay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that i am covered by them and that I am legit seller."

I am really suspicious of this, but cannot be sure.
It is 100% a SCAM.

1] Ebay does *not* have a warehouse that they store vehicles in for sellers or buyers aka customers.

2] For eBay to be involved in the sale part, you *must* have a eBay Account and you must select then purchase the vehicle from one of the listings at »www.motors.ebay.com and no where else. You do not give your private information direct to a stranger claiming to be a seller, you place your buy order through the eBay Motors web site using either an auction, Buy It Now, or Best Offer and they then notify the owner that you have purchased the vehicle. eBay then gives all your info that is required for the seller to contact you and make arraignments.

3] eBay tells you to *NEVER* pay with Western Union or Money Gram. Neither of those offer any form of escrow, the money is GONE as soon as it is picked up and you have no recourse.

4] All official email through eBay or from eBay will also be seen in your eBay Mailbox/Messages when you sign into eBay under your eBay account.

Read up on eBay as they tell you what is required and what is a scam.

»www.motors.ebay.con/

eBay Motors > Buy > Vehicle Purchase Protection
»pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buy/pu···tection/
quote:
Eligibility Requirements

Participation in the VPP program is subject to the following eligibility requirements:

You have successfully completed the purchase of a vehicle* priced at more than $100 from one of the following categories on the eBay Site:

[snip eBay catagories]

Note:
* You will be deemed to have successfully completed the purchase if you receive confirmation in your "My eBay" that you have successfully won, or purchased, an item through an auction, Buy It Now, or Best Offer.
Craigslist Scams and Fraudulent Use of Vehicle Purchase Protection
»forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Ebay-M···10078002

Also read: »[Scam] Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection Program (VPP)
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to Hwnsista

Saw a very similar scam to this on ebay selling a lawn tractor!

Felt

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Hwnsista

I saw this forum and I couldn't resist posting, since I was so close to getting caught up in this scam. I came across three different scams involving cars within a week - three!

Two of them used the exact same format. Which makes me think there must a number of formats scammers use, but these two happened to use the same one. Those two were the 'single woman who just got a job as a dealer on a cruise ship' format. The third one was 'recently divorced woman who is moving closer to parents and therefore must sell the car'.

Like I said, I wanted to put my two cents in, so here it goes: if the ad you see shows the car in a different area then what the seller tells you in their email, that should be the first and last sign you need.

I know there are other signs too, but some of those could be mere coincidence. But there is no excuse for the ad showing the car on one side of the world, while the seller tells you in their email that it is on the other side.

That happened to me all three times, and by the third time, I definitely realized the importance of location. Shouldn't they keep their story straight? But they can't, because that's not even their ad. They find a random ad on the internet and try to base their story around it. But the problem is, they can't easily get around the location difference. So they throw the whole 'it's ready to be shipped at a warehouse in [insert random area here]' spiel. And do we ever bother asking why the location changed from the original ad? I know I didn't. But I should have.

Anyway, I just hope no one falls prey to this scam. When something is too good to be true, it probably is. Word to the wise

jwey20

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Hwnsista

Watch out for this one jessica_elliott112@comcast.net

Hello there ,

First of all here are some details you may want to look over :

Price : $ 2,930
This car is in excellent working conditions, no  scratches.
flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions
VIN:      1N4AL11D32C170282
Mileage:     88,200 miles
2002 NISSAN ALTIMA LEATHER SUNROOF ALLOY WHLS NEW TIRES
Power Windows    Air Conditioning    AM/FM Radio
CD    Power Steering    Cruise Control
Power Door Locks    Leather          
Power seat
Power Seat Driver                    
Air bag
Dual Air Bags
MORE pictures can be found at : »img694.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=78723743.jpg

I'm glad to see your interest in purchasing my car.(2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL - price : $ 2,930 )
What can I tell you in a few words is that I am an individual seller, I am not a dealer and this is my first type of posting

usinging Craigslist. The car that I have for selling is mine , it is personal property and I am going to sell it because I was

promoted to my work and in the same time they gave me a new car for work and moving for my needs. In conclusion, I don't need two

good cars for the moment and I decided, after a discussion with my husband (sometimes is very difficult to be persuasive, you know

what I mean) about selling my car, because it is sensles to keep the car only to occupy the garage.
The final price that I want for this car is $ 2,930 , so let me know if you are interested so i can provide more details.

As for payment : I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them .According with  eBay you have 5 days
from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not, in this time ebay will escrow the money
to their own account.You will probably think that this is little risky , and I understand your concern ,I thinked like this when I

did deals in the past.
But after I give it a try I never got problems and i was sure that the method was the safest, fastest and fairest method to deal
over internet .I also understand that you can't trust in some one or a some method of transaction until you make one or 2 deals. I
put myself in your place and by the situation that you receive the merchandise before the seller receive the money is an excellent
method that assures your money( the buyers money).

The reason i want to make it this way is that i just relocated in Manhattan,New York ,and i have the car here with me ready to be

shipped.

So here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need  the following details from you:

- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a
refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do
whatever you need to the car.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car,  eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up
my car.

Have A Great Day.
Jessica

I have found the listing on craigslist multiple times in states that aren't even close to new york, and I'm almost 100% sure it's a scam so watch out. It use the same general things, eBay motors, car descriptions, shipping the car, but an admittedly more believable story so watch out. Just though I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone, especially a young person like me who, worked during high school to earn their money through minimum wage, which would be terrible.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by jwey20 :

Just thought I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone,
Mahalo for taking the time to post the "story", it might just save someone from getting ripped off.
When someone who is selling any large ticket item that has a "story" to explain the circumstances surrounding the sale it must be considered a work of fiction in this day & age.
bottom line: escrow via eBay & a story = run away as if the devil himself were selling the item.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
reply to jwey20

said by jwey20 :

Hello there ,

First of all here are some details you may want to look over :

So here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:

- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay

I have found the listing on craigslist multiple times in states that aren't even close to new york,
eBay doesn't work that way. You are making a purchase via email instead with absolutely zero protection from/through eBay at all and that is the scam indicator. "Nothing" on Craigslist or any other web site is a legitimate vehicle purchase with EPP from eBay as there is no direct eBay involvement unless there is a Buy it Now or Bid Now Auction link to »www.motors.ebay.com/ and you must go to eBay Motors, log in, then select the vehicle clicking Buy it Now or placing your bid.

For eBay to be involved you must initiate/make a vehicle purchase at eBay Motors using your eBay account or else it is 100% a outright scam when they try to tell you they will contact eBay on your behalf.
--

emy7105

@myvzw.com
reply to jwey20

my husband saw the same postings and I started researching because it didn't sound right...and the amount of money is weird 2930...why not just 3000. After checking the vin # doesn't check out and more than one car came up for that number and vins can only be used for one vehicle....unless of course there is something illegal involved. Thanks for posting.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

A telltale sign of a scam on ebay is where the entire ebay ad is clickable! The dealer creates an image that blows out the entire ebay page, essentially replacing it with the dealer's own page. Anywhere you click takes you to his website so you're no longer dealing with ebay.

Whip

join:2009-01-23
Califon, NJ

said by sbrook:

A telltale sign of a scam on ebay is where the entire ebay ad is clickable! The dealer creates an image that blows out the entire ebay page, essentially replacing it with the dealer's own page. Anywhere you click takes you to his website so you're no longer dealing with ebay.
You mean their own presonally styled site or their own eBay 'clone' site?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

ebay cloned site

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Snowy

said by Snowy:

said by jwey20 :

Just thought I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone,
Mahalo for taking the time to post the "story", it might just save someone from getting ripped off.
When someone who is selling any large ticket item that has a "story" to explain the circumstances surrounding the sale it must be considered a work of fiction in this day & age.
bottom line: escrow via eBay & a story = run away as if the devil himself were selling the item.
and boy was it a long-winded story! She's been selling that car all over the US using craigslist. It's only still up in a few cities, but she posted like a madman!
--
| map your city | tweet |

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

said by pcdebb:

and boy was it a long-winded story! He's been selling that car all over the US using craigslist. It's only still up in a few cities, but He posted like a madman!
Fixed that for you. He is a madman, btw.
--

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
reply to Hwnsista

oh, well, yea

gotscammed

@skybeam.com
reply to Hwnsista

Beware out there, I think these people have gone the lowest ever. They use the military in vain so to speak to scam innocent people. The military gives us all freedom and this is how these people show appreciation for that. Beware of Captain Nichollas Bennett claiming he is with 152nd airwing in Reno, Neveda. The agents name from ebay was Brian Dickson. Don't let this happen to you