spc
uniqs
cool6887
join:2009-03-10
Jefferson City, MO

cool6887 to bbinabox

to bbinabox

Re: SkyWay Experience

I'm still not sold. I've been with skyway since 5/08. I've been actively contacting the 'rebate' dept and 2/4 was told by Collin that Megan was sending it out on 2/13. Called Trish and left message around last of Feb. She NEVER returned my call. Finally after on hold around 3/2 for over half hour, she answered me. Said it was in process. Hmm.. really? Duh.. in process since September? Good answer nimrod. Finally got her to fax the info to Nancy B. Called Nancy 2 days later, yes, my name on list for rebate to be sent on 3/6. It is 3/10 and not rec'd yet. Surprise surprise. Actually told Trish she could credit my credit card, but no, she can't do that. Can offer it on my account in $10 increments. Yes, so I can be screwed for another 10 months. NO, waiting for check. Got the name of the President and will be calling him if not rec'd by 3/11. Uncalled for, not customer friendly. Perhaps in over their head. Been having problems with connection for last 4 weeks, but not EVEN going to try to call about that. After my 12 months are up, they are HISTORY. Not well thought of in MO if looking at the attorney general website. I suggest all potential subscribers check their state's attorney general office for complaints! Any input on that bbinabox person?????
RPeters
join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC

RPeters

You know guys, I see a lot of stuff about Skyway, and it all seems to revolve around rebates that never occur and false promises from office girls, blackouts, slow speed, contracts, whatever. I've had SKYfx since 2007. They don't have a contract. I pay $40 bucks a month from my credit card. No rebate. I own the equipment. If it goes then they replace it free. When you call you literally talk to the owner. I think they are on the same dish network satellite that Skyway uses. Not sure though.

Grohgreg.....thanks for the info. I got the Belkin router and it's perfect. We did the toast.net speed test at the same time and I came in at 508 on the shuttle and my wife came in at 452. Does that sound reasonable??? Her CPU is newer than mine and we both have 2000xp?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

1 edit

grohgreg

Well, I don't really know a thing about what kind of plans that SkyFX offers. Far as I can tell they still don't have a meaningful website. The one-pager I found only says "10x faster than dialup". So based upon little more than that, I'd say your test speeds were better than advertised.

Don't worry about the disparity, that's normal with shared bandwidth providers. You'll even see that on back to back tests with only ONE computer. Due to latency and compression though, the bigger test files give more accurate satellite results.

//greg//