Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Matt3

Re: Fiasco

what ironic is if it wasn't for all those sites with all that content I wouldn't have a need to have a 20 Mbps connection. If all I'm expected to do is check e-mail, sports scores, weather, do online banking and bill pay and that kind of stuff, well I'd just drop down to 756 kbps DSL for $20 a month.

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8
said by 88615298:

what ironic is if it wasn't for all those sites with all that content I wouldn't have a need to have a 20 Mbps connection. If all I'm expected to do is check e-mail, sports scores, weather, do online banking and bill pay and that kind of stuff, well I'd just drop down to 756 kbps DSL for $20 a month.
Exactly. It's such a double standard. First they want you to upgrade to the highest speed (and $$$) possible so you can view all those video sites - then they want to gouge some more profits from someone else because you actually USE your connection? I don't think so.

If it wasn't for content providers there wouldn't be a need for broadband to begin with and they wouldn't even have a fraction of the users they have now. This I-want-to-have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too from ISPs is absolutely disgusting. They suck.