uniqs
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

1 edit

Rob_

Premium Member

[FL] blink blink blinky blink..(outage?)

this morning, while i was going to post on twitter, i noticed something the second light on the modem was blinking and it didn't send. does this mean loss of signal?

Software Version: SB5101-2.4.1.5-SCM01-NOSH

-Rob

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

The 4 green lights on a Motorola 51xx series modem are Power, Receive, Send, Online. If the second lights was blinking that means it was looking for the downstream signal and sync was lost.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

why was the PC activity still going? that's what got me confused. the last time we had an outage we had an arris modem. lost phone, cable and net. (glad to still hear a dial tone)

-Rob

intercede007
join:2002-10-20
Englewood, CO

intercede007

said by Rob_:

why was the PC activity still going? that's what got me confused. the last time we had an outage we had an arris modem. lost phone, cable and net. (glad to still hear a dial tone)

-Rob
Because your PC was sending packets to the CPE side of the modem.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

if it was an outage, what could have caused it? i know there done upgrading here. (or are they)

-Rob

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by Rob_:

if it was an outage, what could have caused it? i know there done upgrading here. (or are they)

-Rob
ummmm....any number of things rob. sh!t happens all the time. you're back up now, right?
if it really bothers you, you can always call and ask for a partial credit on your bill...

q.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by tubbynet:
said by Rob_:

-Rob
if it really bothers you, you can always call and ask for a partial credit on your bill.
He won't get it unless he was down for at least 24 hours.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by dvd536:

He won't get it unless he was down for at least 24 hours.
well, then b!tching about it really is futile isn't it?

q.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

i'll say this one more time, if you don't like something /ignore it. don't be a f'n troll ok? step away from the keyboard. it's just a simple question because this modem is new(er) to me.

-Rob

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

and i'm going to say this rob:

think of *all* of the connection points between you and the internet (hell, or even the cmts). if you are on an aerial tap, something could have gone on with the lines. something could have happened to the cmts. something could have happened to the router on the cmts. they coulda just shut off one area to look for noise. they coulda been replacing the node. there are *any* number of things that could have happened. additionally, because these people on here (save intercede) aren't local to your area, it isn't like they have first hand knowledge if something minor affected your system.

q.