spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sjx

join:2009-03-11

DSL billing

I got verizon's 768/128kb DSL through DELL 2 years ago. Now I want to pay my DSL bill with a new credit card. Off course the verizon DSL account login page does not accept my old username and password anymore, where can I access the fairpoint DSL account?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
I do not believe you can pay online with Fairpoint yet. They do say it will be a feature they will have, but you will need to wait until after everything has switched over.
--
Block Accounts | UseNet Now

DrSmith

join:2009-02-16
united state

1 edit
I just received 2 official fairpoint emails this AM (3/11). One contained a "MY ACCOUNT" username and the other had a password. When I log in there It appears to give complete control over payment options.

I say "appears", because I have no intention of personally changing ANYTHING until I get through at least one billing cycle with all my old defaults intact.

Funny thing about this customer.fairpoint.com/ site - they had my email address as username@VERIZON.net. Guess fairpoint doesn't know about its own new addresses

Nafets3

join:2003-08-20
reply to swintec
I also received the two Fairpoint e-mails with the username and password info, for logging into the now working account page.

I've set up recurring payment via credit card, which should take effect the next bill (hopefully).

I tried paying the current bill I have (the first non-Verizon based Fairpoint bill), using a "Quick Payment" via credit card, but an error shows up saying authorization failed. Oh well, another check to send out.

There's also lots of other neat stuff to click on and mess with in the account page, but nothing super drastic or new. Fun though.

Glad to see Fairpoint finally got it up and running. Looks decent.

DrSmith

united state
Nafets, did your billing account info have the right email address for you? Or was it still @VERIZON.net?

sjx

join:2009-03-11
reply to Nafets3
said by Nafets3:

I also received the two Fairpoint e-mails with the username and password info, for logging into the now working account page.

I've set up recurring payment via credit card, which should take effect the next bill (hopefully).

I tried paying the current bill I have (the first non-Verizon based Fairpoint bill), using a "Quick Payment" via credit card, but an error shows up saying authorization failed. Oh well, another check to send out.

There's also lots of other neat stuff to click on and mess with in the account page, but nothing super drastic or new. Fun though.

Glad to see Fairpoint finally got it up and running. Looks decent.
I also received 2 emails today so I can login now. My phone service was ordered through verizon directly and the phone bill is shown in the fairpoint account. The DSL was ordered through DELL and it is NOT in the fairpoint account now. Did anyone who ordered DSL through third-party have this problem?

Nafets3

join:2003-08-20
reply to DrSmith
said by DrSmith:

Nafets, did your billing account info have the right email address for you? Or was it still @VERIZON.net?
I've never used Verizon's e-mail service (nor Fairpoint now), as I use another provider.

The Fairpoint billing account has my correct e-mail address from this other provider, as did the Verizon billing account.

It seems Fairpoint just mass copied over the contact e-mails from the old Verizon billing accounts, as they did with the billing account user names. Probably why your Fairpoint account has the old @verizon.net address. A minor inconvenience, but easy to change now.

DrSmith

united state
said by Nafets3:

A minor inconvenience, but easy to change now.
Yes, minor and easy for me. But what about those who don't notice @VERIZON is there, stop receiving email payment reminders in a month or two, and end up making late payments... Whose fault is that? All because of a bungled script copying user info from VZ databases to Fairpoint. A little quality assurance goes a long way.