spc
uniqs

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to carnesr

Anon

to carnesr

Re: Locsk On Bell Boxes?

I didn't say it was right, just a possible scenario. I see this all the time though. With home dispatch guys sometimes run out of stuff. Whereas back in the day we stocked up at the garage everyday, at least I did.
Savillian
join:2003-11-22

Savillian

said by ex bell :

I didn't say it was right, just a possible scenario. I see this all the time though. With home dispatch guys sometimes run out of stuff. Whereas back in the day we stocked up at the garage everyday, at least I did.
Would have to agree with you both on that. Hopefully that was the scenario the tech was in, but even so should have grounded as the next guy that goes along and says "Hey I have Bell box outside, I can rip this one in the basement out and run my ISW to it" Happens to often, especially with renos.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell

Anon

And talking of ground wires it used to be drilled into us but I don’t know anymore. I went out on a prove in or out for an existing customer (no charge). I prove out and tell sub to call Bell. Bell comes and says inside and installs demarc (no charge). Happens once in a while so I am used to it. So I go back and the ground wire isn’t hooked up but sitting inches from Nid. So I meter in again just in case, TOK, then plug set into demarc port and let sub listen to static. Tell her to call Bell back and ask the line be repaired and the ground hooked up (I didn’t so the guy would see his mistake). Get a call back, jack not working I installed previously. Return, line fixed and ground not hooked up. He had to have gone in Nid as he disconnected one of the quads. She called back and it took the third guy to hook up the ground wire. I wonder how many others are out there. I check every one now.
carnesr
join:2002-11-16
Sault Ste Marie, ON

carnesr to ex bell

to ex bell
said by ex bell :

thats one of the nice things about working in small town like the soo, all the techs actually care, and it only takes a few mins to hit the shop and get something if your out, i park my truck at the garage, so its part of my end of day routine to stock up, i could take truck home but no place to park it