uniqs
share rss forum feed

hok

join:2002-02-27

1 edit
reply to priller

VoIP.ms does not send CID as configured at PBXes.com

said by priller:

Outbound: They will pass the CID number that you send. I have multiple DID's and pass CID number based on the extension placing the call. (I'm using a Linksys SPA9000)
I also have multiple DIDs. However, when I used VoIP.ms truck at PBXes.com to make outgoing call, the other end received CNAM as
. Obviously, VoIP.ms did not pass CNAM I configured in Outbound CID field for the extension at PBXes.com I used to make the call.

To make thing worse,
1. calling 1-214-377-5991, will not reach me.
2. calling 1-214-377-5991, will reach some one's answering machine that appears to be for personal use.
3. CID 1-214-377-5991 has been reported for using in connection with phishing scam, see web page at http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-214-377-5991 for detail

priller

join:2000-10-20
Gainesville, VA

2 edits
Nobody ever said CNAM is passed ... what has been said is that CID number is passed.

Keep in mind that CNAM is not passed over the PSTN SS7 network, in the US. What you are seeing is a lookup performed by the termination switch.

hszeto

join:2002-06-05

1 edit

voip.ms does not support pass-through CID

Not only voip.ms does not support pass-through CID, they persistently sending out wrong CID 2143775991 no matter how I configure it including set a 10-digit CID in my "Main Account Settings and Information".

For this matter, I did a live chat back on March 14 and got a Issue ID LTK151028473751X for that chat. I was told, "I will need to escalate this issue. I will open a ticket for that issue, an admin will then make tests/checks and come back to you within the next 24 hours". More than a week has past, the issue persists, and no one has got back to me thus far.

Because of this, people receive call from me got 2143775991 as my CID. Incoming calls forward to my mobile phone also show up 2143775991 as caller's CID.

Moreover, people return my call to 1-214-377-5991, will not reach me. Instead, it will reach some one's answering machine that appears to be for personal use. Finally, CID 1-214-377-5991 has been reported for using in connection with phishing scam as comments about 2143775991 number.

WildChild

join:2006-09-08
Quebec, QC
Same problem here, on the value route, my CID appears as 418-263-1511, also reported as fraud/telemarketing:

»800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-418-26 ··· 263-1511

On the premium route, my caller ID is passed correctly.

said by hszeto:

Not only voip.ms does not support pass-through CID, they persistently sending out wrong CID 2143775991 no matter how I configure it including set a 10-digit CID in my "Main Account Settings and Information".

For this matter, I did a live chat back on March 14 and got a Issue ID LTK151028473751X for that chat. I was told, "I will need to escalate this issue. I will open a ticket for that issue, an admin will then make tests/checks and come back to you within the next 24 hours". More than a week has past, the issue persists, and no one has got back to me thus far.

Because of this, people receive call from me got 2143775991 as my CID. Incoming calls forward to my mobile phone also show up 2143775991 as caller's CID.

Moreover, people return my call to 1-214-377-5991, will not reach me. Instead, it will reach some one's answering machine that appears to be for personal use. Finally, CID 1-214-377-5991 has been reported for using in connection with phishing scam as comments about 2143775991 number.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:4
reply to hszeto
VoIP.ms support and passes CallerID number properly.

You didn't set any callerid on the subaccount you reported. The Main Account CallerID is for when you use your Main Account username to pass calls.

Edit the subaccount in question, and insert a 10 digits CallerID number in the callerID field that you left empty.

I also verified your CDR to confirm that information. Your callerid is set to the subaccount in question. Which lead the CLEC where you are calling to default to the default CallerID number of that PRI. Of course, a CallerID that has been used by thousands of people will results with a bad history.

hszeto

I have re-configured and re-tested all possible ways as I could think of and found followings:

Enter 10-digit number in CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account web page will yield followings:

Making calls, the party being called would see the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account web page. Moreover, in Call Detail Records CallerID colume, I can see voip.ms got Outbound CID set for the extension at PBXes as "CNAM" .

Forwarding incoming calls from DID to my mobile phone would always see the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account web page. In other words, CID is not pass-through to my mobile phone. Moreover, in Call Detail Records CallerID colume, I can see voip.ms got "CNAM" .

Without entering 10-digit number in CallerID Number field (leaving it blank) at Edit Sub Account web page will yield followings:
Making calls, the party being called would see 1-214-377-5991 as my CID. Moreover, in Call Detail Records CallerID colume, I see my SIP log in user name.

Forwarding incoming calls from DID to my mobile phone would always see 1-214-377-5991 as CID. In other words, CID is not pass-through to my mobile phone. Moreover, in Call Detail Records CallerID colume, I see my SIP log in user name.

The reason I intentionally left CallerID Number field blank at Edit Sub Account web page as well as Account Settings is per voip.ms instruction If you have a device capable of passing its own CallerID number such as a soft switch or PBX, you can leave this blank to set the CallerID on your side.. Now, it appears to me that voip.ms got CID from PBXes but placed it into wrong field as CNAM when there is 10-digit number entered in CallerID Number field at voip.ms. When there is no 10-digit number entered in CallerID Number field at voip.ms, CID sent from PBXes is discarded.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
The CID number you see in our CDR is what we received. If we dont' receive a valid 10 digits callerid, we can't pass it.

make sure you enable
sendrpid=yes

at PBXes.org, this way it will pass the callerid number via the remote-party-id field.

They use asterisk, and that's how aterisk pass its callerid to us.

There are absolutly no callerid issue on our side.

Boolah

join:2003-11-08

1 edit
Matin - I believe you are receiving the CID correctly, but I'm pretty sure one or more of your upstream providers are having issues forwarding this information. We've been experiencing this problem since 3/6/09 when I submitted a ticket for this issue. I was told that CID is working fine and haven't heard anything else about it.

Since then, I've removed VoIP.ms from our outbound routes, but I just tried calling a line on our PRI five times from VoIP.ms; three times, no CID was transmitted at all. Twice, the correct number was sent. This is despite the fact that the correct CID shows up in the VoIP.ms CDRs.

EDIT: Now, calls through VoIP.ms are coming up "Private Number".

edmidor
Tech - the hard way
Premium
join:2008-05-19
Canada
reply to hszeto
PBXes works with VoIP.ms PERFECTLY!
Just take your a** and search their (pbxes) forums! I use it every single day with 4 outbound providers - no problems at all.

edmidor
Tech - the hard way
Premium
Canada
To check it you don't need to bother Martin - simply login to voip.ms, and see call history. You'll see whether CID was passed or not.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
reply to Boolah
said by Boolah:

Matin - I believe you are receiving the CID correctly, but I'm pretty sure one or more of your upstream providers are having issues forwarding this information. We've been experiencing this problem since 3/6/09 when I submitted a ticket for this issue. I was told that CID is working fine and haven't heard anything else about it.

Since then, I've removed VoIP.ms from our outbound routes, but I just tried calling a line on our PRI five times from VoIP.ms; three times, no CID was transmitted at all. Twice, the correct number was sent. This is despite the fact that the correct CID shows up in the VoIP.ms CDRs.

EDIT: Now, calls through VoIP.ms are coming up "Private Number".
Let me know the destinations you called and routed used as well as your userid via PM and I will investigate.

hszeto

reply to MartinM
said by MartinM:

The CID number you see in our CDR is what we received. If we dont' receive a valid 10 digits callerid, we can't pass it.
First, I appreciate your prompt reply.

Second, while I agree with you that "If we dont' receive a valid 10 digits callerid, we can't pass it.", I disagree with you as to "The CID number you see in our CDR is what we received." with following examples from CDR will show otherwise for forwarding calls:

2009-03-29 18:39:02 "Jade Bbq Restau"
where "Jade Bbq Restau" is CNAM provided by BroadVoice as "Jade Bbq Restau" called a DID provided by BroadVoice. BroadVoice CDR shows:
03/29/09 06:38 PM Sun JADE BBQ RESTAU 16265733602
However, voip.ms replaced CID 16265733602 with 3602266345 that is the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account web page. That is exactly what I meant by "Forwarding incoming calls from DID to my mobile phone would always see the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account web page. In other words, CID is not pass-through to my mobile phone. Moreover, in Call Detail Records CallerID colume, I can see voip.ms got "CNAM".".

2009-03-30 23:53:12 "3109204789"
where "3109204789" is the actual CID as this DID provider does not offer CNAM. However, voip.ms replaced actual CID 3109204789 with 4246443641 that is the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field in Account Settings web page. As a result, forwarded incoming calls from DID to my mobile phone would always see the 10-digit number I entered into CallerID Number field in Account Settings web page instead of actual CID.

If I leave CallerID Number field blank at Edit Sub Account or Account Settings web page, in CDR CallerID colume, I see my SIP log in user name. In other words, it appears that without entering 10-digit number in CallerID Number field in Edit Sub Account or Account Settings web page, voip.ms cannot or does not receive a valid 10-digit CID from remote party! I do not see this makes any sense. In contrast, once 10-digit number is entered in CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account or Account Settings, voip.ms considers this is the CID received and pass it. Actual CID became CNAM. When there is CNAM provided, use CNAM received, but drop actual CID, pass 10-digit number entered in CallerID Number field in Edit Sub Account or Account Settings as CID.

For outgoing calls, the result is consistent as herein above mentioned. If I leave CallerID Number field blank at Edit Sub Account or Account Settings web page, in CDR CallerID colume, I see my SIP log in user name. In other words, it appears that without entering 10-digit number in CallerID Number field in Edit Sub Account or Account Settings web page, voip.ms cannot or does not receive a valid 10-digit CID from PBXes! In contrast, once 10-digit number is entered in CallerID Number field at Edit Sub Account or Account Settings, CID sent and received from PBXes became CNAM. 10-digit number entered in CallerID Number field in Edit Sub Account or Account Settings is the CID sent to remote party.

Can you see the CID issue now?

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
As stated before, if you see your username as your CallerID, you are not passing it properly. Please continue future discussion with our support.

hok

reply to edmidor
Are you using voip.ms with PBXes to forward calls from DID to mobile phone and still can see correct remote party CID in your mobile phone?

edmidor
Tech - the hard way
Premium
Canada
Yes I do. It also true for CWU, Callcentric, Future-Nine, voicenetwork.ca

Just follow this
»www4.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php? ··· post5197

hok

Once I did

username: (leave blank)
password: voip_ms_password:voip_ms_username

people called me got

"Your call cannot be complete as dial, please try again later." then busy signal.

edmidor
Tech - the hard way
Premium
Canada
It wouldn't be fair to blame your config issue on pbxes, right? I had similar problem so I searched logs and forums and found the problem. Since then it works flawlessly on all providers I tried. Do your homework.

edmidor
Tech - the hard way
Premium
Canada
reply to hok
Said that, you'll notice that trunk configured this way won't register. What worked for me was to create another trunk in "normal" way with the same credentials, make it register for incoming calls, but route outgoing calls via the first trunk - which will pass CID correctly.