uniqs
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
join:2006-08-28
Plattsburgh, NY

1 edit

44402812 (banned)

Heads Up

Just wanted to let other PhonePower users know that if you are having problems with sporadic voice problems or dropped calls make sure you Grandstream is plugged directly into the wall.

I just talked to PP yesterday and talked to a CSR about my sporadic problem with callers saying that my voice sounds robotic. He said "I know this sounds crazy but the device is really sensitive to electronic interference therefore the manufacture recommends it be plugged in directly to the wall". Hope this helps someone.

Kinzoo
join:2004-01-22
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

You are correct Hack!!!

I was constantly dropping calls, Daniel G. @ support, told me to unplug from APU or surge protector and plug directly into the wall socket.

Haven't had a dropped call in two months now.
tony520
join:2008-04-16
Anaheim, CA

1 edit

tony520 to 44402812

to 44402812
I've been having problems with voice interruptions not really a dropped call but like a cell phone when there's a moment of silence you can't hear each other, after tech support had me try several things then said it was my line.but they did not tell me to try that. I am plugged into a surge protector with several other things.

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

Did you plug it into the wall socket?
Notice any difference?
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
Plattsburgh, NY

44402812 (banned)

said by Kinzoo:

Did you plug it into the wall socket?
Notice any difference?
Yeah so far no sporadic dropped calls, no robotic voice on callers end, and no slight lag. It was not much of a problem because it only happened 1 out of 50+ calls. Only got dropped only a handful of times since I have had service since Nov. However, not having to call people back because of a robotic voice is a welcome plus.
tony520
join:2008-04-16
Anaheim, CA

tony520

I'm going to try plugging directly in the wall tonight when i get home from work. hope that solves the problem, i don't think i am going to get much help from at&t regarding my Internet line

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo to 44402812

to 44402812
I agree,
PhonePower has been great!!
Was with VOIP.com last year, just pitiful,
nothing worked right and they couldn't seem to fix it.
They always blamed it on my end.
With PhonePower, none of the problems, worked from the getgo.
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
Plattsburgh, NY

44402812 (banned)

said by Kinzoo:

I agree,
PhonePower has been great!!
Was with VOIP.com last year, just pitiful,
nothing worked right and they couldn't seem to fix it.
They always blamed it on my end.
With PhonePower, none of the problems, worked from the getgo.
What, do I hear right? You don't want to phone service to just work out of the box with changing servers, resets, and tweaks? You should head on over to the VT forum my friend, HA!

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

Hey Hack,

Check it out, a new format on PP support page.
Looks like it is easier to navigate IF you have a problem!!!