andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

1 edit

Bell files a half assed tarrif

downloadbell sucks.zip 151,444 bytes
"Pursuant to the Commission’s requirements in Decision 2008-117, this tariff application proposes to introduce only the wholesale aggregated ADSL services which are not the subject of the aforementioned Petition and Stay applications, i.e., services to match the Companies’ retail Internet services using ADSL which are provided over legacy access networks"

"All usage incurred by the ISP's end-user will be measured and billed on a monthly basis, up to a maximum usage charge of $22.50 per month. The charges for Residence GAS usage above the monthly allowance will be $1.875 for up to 512 Kbps Residence, $1.50 for up to 2 Mbps Residence and $1.125 for up to 5 Mbps Residence on each full or partial GB of usage beyond the monthly allowance. These represent a discount as compared to the corresponding retail Internet price levels."

"Further, to ensure that the Companies’ facilities are available to all end-users in a fair and proportionate manner in accordance with the Companies’ Acceptable Use Policies (AUP), the Companies are proposing to introduce an Excessive Usage Charge applicable to GAS users who use more than 300 GB of bandwidth per month. However, given that a corresponding rate is not in place, at this time, for the Companies’ retail Internet access services, the Companies are proposing only to implement such a charge co-incident with the introduction of a comparable retail charge. Specifically, a charge of $0.75 per additional GB in excess of 300 GB of monthly usage will be implemented for wholesale GAS end-users if and when the Companies introduce a corresponding $1.00 charge per GB in excess of 300 GB for retail end-users who are on the Companies’ usage-based billing plans (such a charge would not be applied to those retail customers who remain on flat-rated Internet services contracts). "

What a fookin crock this is.They just come out and say were not filing what were supposed too but we will file this shit instead.

»www.crtc.gc.ca/8740/eng/2009/b2.htm

rex0

join:2002-02-10

4 edits

Table 4
So bell wants to change the GAS tariff to include UBB but doesn't want to offer speeds greater than 5 mbit...

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
reply to andyb

What a croc....

Let me see.. Pay for your car, pay for the road, pay for the gas, pay to leave home, pay to arrive there, bend over, pay pay pay...

Where are the fricking cutters??? Hell want to charge? Well, they will need it.

(now, that felt good..)
--
"Self-criticism in cases of a lack of self-awareness is difficult." -- Argyris

otty

join:2008-10-24
Revelstoke, BC

4 edits
reply to rex0

Nevermind REX0 clarified it for me.

Arbalister

join:2007-11-24
St Catharines, ON
reply to rex0

What they're saying is that for anyone that uses between 80 and 300 gig, the new monthly wholesale cost is going to be $45.00. They have this opinion that the bandwidth Rocky can buy from Peer1 at $0.10 per gig is somehow worth $1.125 when you stick "BELL" on it.

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
reply to andyb

Rocky, please do your best to stop Bell from implementing these new regulations. This is total B.S.

rex0

2 edits
reply to andyb

I particularly like this line:

quote:
moving toward usage-based pricing and new business models in a manner that benefits end-users and takes into account the realities of the highly competitive marketplace

bold added by me.

Clearly charging us more and limiting competition at the same time is, in-fact creating a highly competitive marketplace and benefits end-users. I'm glad bell took the time to point that out to me.

It sounds like the maximum charge is only good upto 300gb but they aren't ready to implement the excess use penalty until it's there for sympatico too.

otty

Revelstoke, BC

1 edit

It appears that if you use 80-300GB/month it will now cost ~$60/month (dryloop).
EDIT: that's assuming Teksavvy doesn't tack on something for their bandwidth costs.

gdogg

join:2006-02-06

1 edit
reply to rex0

Damn Bell
Give me my internet back
Or give me death.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to andyb

I really hope the CRTC is not dense enough to approve this ridiculous tariff, not only ridiculous but then wholesale no longer means wholesale.

rex0

2 edits
reply to andyb

Here's another particularly good section:

quote:
(t) The rates, terms and conditions identified herein supercede and replace any rates, terms and conditions in contracts for similar services entered into prior to the approved effective date of this Tariff Item.

is bell suggesting that all users will be migrated to ubb......

Edit: but then earlier they talk about the excess overage and retail(sympatico) customers still on unlimited contracts
quote:
such a charge would not be applied to those retail customers who remain on flat-rated Internet services contracts

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

said by rex0:

Here's another particularly good section:

quote:
(t) The rates, terms and conditions identified herein supercede and replace any rates, terms and conditions in contracts for similar services entered into prior to the approved effective date of this Tariff Item.

is bell suggesting that all users will be migrated to ubb......
It could be interpreted that way..

Rocky, release the hounds a.k.a CAIP

otty

Revelstoke, BC
reply to andyb

said by andyb:

What a fookin crock this is.They just come out and say were not filing what were supposed too but we will file this shit instead.
Exactly. They quote the CRTC's order to propose a tariff for the higher speeds and proceed to ignore the order and file a completely unrelated tariff. The CRTC is being made to look like a fool and Bell is disrespecting their decision. Fines are in order and ignoring this uncalled for application!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to andyb

Heh, this shit is hilarious... Bell has truly lost it.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

penguin318

join:2008-07-23
Smiths Falls, ON

said by HiVolt:

Heh, this shit is hilarious... Bell has truly lost it.
you think its funny now, wait till the CRTC approves it, BELL will get there way until we get the technologically retarded members out of the CRTC

otty

Revelstoke, BC

3 edits
reply to rex0

"Specifically, a charge of $0.75 per additional GB in excess of 300 GB of monthly usage will be implemented for wholesale GAS end-users if and when the Companies introduce a corresponding $1.00 charge per GB in excess of 300 GB for retail end-users who are on the Companies’ usage-based billing plans (such a charge would not be applied to those retail customers who remain on flat-rated Internet services contracts)."

EDIT: No grandfathering. Here they are only talking about "excessive use charges" and only in application to the "the companie's plans" where "the company" is Bell.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to andyb

Another issue to bring up with the privacy commissioner.

(f) Uncorrelated Usage Charge: In cases where the Company's records can not correlate a domain name to a valid billing telephone number for a given session, the Company will, on a monthly basis, issue a bulk bill to the service provider for that usage. A rate of $1.875 per gigabytes (GB) or portion thereof applies. This charge will be in addition to all other applicable rates and charges
The only way they can possibility track that is with DPI.

otty

Revelstoke, BC

"Both retail and wholesale end-users will also be subject to the service being restricted, suspended or disconnected if further instances of excessive usage occur, in accordance with the Companies AUP."

They'll cut you off if you go over 300GB too often!!

BellLoveFest

@teksavvy.com
reply to mlerner

Can't we as the taxpayers, who originally paid for this copper network, repossess it from Bell, since I believe they have not paid their dues and neither the fines due to them.

A cease and desist order shut be issued to Bell !!

davidbrown

join:2005-05-31
Toronto, ON

said by BellLoveFest :

Can't we as the taxpayers, who originally paid for this copper network, repossess it from Bell, since I believe they have not paid their dues and neither the fines due to them.

A cease and desist order shut be issued to Bell !!
You would think ehhh.

Sadly this is nothing more the a formality now since they have got paid stooges above the crtc .

fukubellcanada

@ADSL.akn.ca
reply to andyb

so let's see, my bill now went from about $42/month to about $67/month or about a 60% increase. And to make it worse, it's more money going straight to Bell. I still get EXACTLY the same service.

gdogg

Actually,
You now pay more and get less service.
:P

otty

Revelstoke, BC

1 edit
reply to fukubellcanada

Not to defend them at all but you will get up to 300GB/month for that instead of 200 (unless you are on unlimited.

neko
All Hail Canada
Premium
join:2006-08-11
Canada
reply to fukubellcanada

Mine would be $159.50 per month, with a usage of 160GB per month.

BellLoveFest

@teksavvy.com
reply to gdogg

said by gdogg:

Actually,
You now pay more and get less service.
:P
Isn't that the Bell motto ??

ancodia

join:2006-07-10
reply to otty

said by otty:

Not to defend them at all but you will get up to 300GB/month for that instead of 200 (unless you are on unlimited.

Also you will be grandfathered on your plan. Don't move or anything!
Dude, this is just the start. The 300 gig will get lower and the max cap charge will increase every year.

lewism

join:2008-04-25
Brossard, QC
reply to andyb

Are we in a Banana Republic or Canada

gdogg

reply to otty

If it wouldn't hurt teksavvy
I could download 1TB every month or 2TB
of linux iso lol, so they can't then put me in their fake jails for breaking fake laws and getting fake fines
That I have to pay.

XNemesis

join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON
reply to andyb

Ok...everyone across Ontario and Quebec, let's all get together in one big line, and take one up the ARSE from bell.

HUZZAH!!!
HUZZAH!!!
HUZZAH!!!

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
reply to fukubellcanada

Unless any of us count Colbanet and Primus as ISPs, Canadian Internet just died.

said by fukubellcanada :

I still get EXACTLY the same service.
Not quite. Now it's much priciER.