spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rex0
join:2002-02-10

rex0 to newspeeds

to newspeeds

Re: Bell files a half assed tarrif

Not to mention 3web has constant and continuous service problems in many areas. It might work ok where you live, but it certainly doesn't here. $33 a month for 1mbit 20+ hours of the day and a weekly outage: not a good deal in my books.

I'm not interested in paying rogers $75 a month. But, if the past is any indication of the future if bell strips out max overages so will rogers.

Plus there's still the question of cybersurf's new owners and what they will do.

Furthermore, even if prices were on par with bell I'd still support any of independant isps that participate on dslr, before bell. If you want change it's important to do what you can, and part of that is not directly supporting rogers or bell.

newspeeds
@rogers.com

newspeeds to andyb

Anon

to andyb
This is going to start a Storm...........

I cant wait to see what people think of this one.

Anyword from Rocky or others at Acanac. I hope all the small ones seriously pressure the crtc into changing this.

An_Onymous
@teksavvy.com

An_Onymous to newspeeds

Anon

to newspeeds
>3web can do 7 mb for 32.95 $ with no cap.
Aside from their bad service, 3web is gone for good.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to andyb

Premium Member

to andyb
Just got an email from CTV in my inbox "CTV launching HD Beta Video Player" Very ironic. Too bad most people won't waste their bandwidth on that.
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to andyb

to andyb
time we start protesting and show the public opinion, by lauching a series of free hosted sites, and facebook groups.

fair right policy on facebook had a huge success lets start with a* service against bell " group

otty
join:2008-10-24
Revelstoke, BC

otty

Maybe I should just stay in Saskatoon. For some reason Sasktel doesn't want to f**k their customers and has no caps no throttling...

An_Onymous
@teksavvy.com

An_Onymous to gdogg8

Anon

to gdogg8
>Bell won't be gone, until we make them gone.

If only we can replace BCE's CEO with Nortel's current CEO. He should be looking for a new company to ruin after the bankruptcy.
He'll close downbankrupt BCE in 2 years flat and sell off the whole lot piece-wise. I can only dream, can I?

newspeeds
@rogers.com

newspeeds to andyb

Anon

to andyb
LOLLLL LMFAOOOOO!!!!

This means 200 GB per month would be as follows.

22.50 for 60 GB + 140 GB x 1.25 $ per GB = 175 $

22.50 $ + 175 $ = LMFAO A GRAND TOTAL OF 197.50 $ PER MONTH LOL ROFL.

IS THIS NIGERIA OR ZIMBABWE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah rogers 10 mb cable at 59 + 25 $ max over charge for 10 mbs and less traffic shapign looks like a sweet deal.!!!!!!!!!!

haha thats almost 200 $ a month to use 200 GB LOL!

Wholy f*ck a 100 mbs cogent line with no traffic limit costs about 1000 $ a month. Mide aswell buy one and split it with your neighbors at this price.

otty
Revelstoke, BC

otty

Wrong...there is a max $22.50 overage fee. So it's about $60 for dry loop and 300GB

opinion
@mc.videotron.ca

opinion to otty

Anon

to otty
said by otty:

It appears that if you use 80-300GB/month it will now cost ~$60/month (dryloop).
EDIT: that's assuming Teksavvy doesn't tack on something for their bandwidth costs.
Lets be honest here. There will be B/W arguments. Bell, AS IS, is having troubles with B/W tracking.

Toss wholesale, money and wholesale customers in their B/W troubles and Rocky will have to hire a couple of people just to handle the complaints and so forth.

Yeah I see TSI having to raise rates in addition to what Bell is doing in order to properly process all this, impliment systems, assign people on n on.

So yes Otty, I agree with you. TSI can't, and shouldn't be, required to take on the associated work that will come with this, but they may have to and this will affect rates in addition to the new tariff, in my opinion.

gdogg8
join:2006-02-06

gdogg8 to An_Onymous

to An_Onymous
said by An_Onymous :

I can only dream, can I?
Yes you can, but instead join my dream, to stop those who truly ruin the world.
Those in power, beyond the government level.
That would see bell's shutting down all across the worlds, all the rogers, all the shaws.

Oh and stop living in fear, your just as anonymous , anonymously as logged in with an account.

newspeeds
@rogers.com

newspeeds to andyb

Anon

to andyb
Sorry i didnt see the max over charge.

But what is this all about why do you charge for excess but then also have one for over 300 GB.

This is such a rip off.

If this comes into effect all the adsl2 resellers are gonna have a hard time trying to sell their service.

Bell is gonna make them go out of business.

Trisomy21
join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

Trisomy21 to otty

to otty
This is just getting f'n ridiculous now.

otty
Revelstoke, BC

otty to opinion

to opinion
said by opinion :

So yes Otty, I agree with you. TSI can't, and shouldn't be, required to take on the associated work that will come with this, but they may have to and this will affect rates in addition to the new tariff, in my opinion.
Yes. Probably it will be closer to $70 for dry loop and 300GB.

newspeeds
@rogers.com

newspeeds to andyb

Anon

to andyb
I love if you look at the docs when they do the comparison.

They dont include, CIA, Velcom, or Acanac which have NO CAP OR USAGE FEES!!!!!!

what a joke they still didnt give adsl2 speeds and now they want to charge this.

LOL they dont even pay for the bandwidth within their own network.

Bunch of crooks.

I heard next time bell comes to your house they'll steal your computers and ransack your home for valuables.

love struck
@cgocable.net

love struck to andyb

Anon

to andyb
I love Cogeco, $29.00 a month and never warned about usage, yet.
As I kiss my modem. I feel good, mmmmmmmmmmm.

AdrianF
join:2008-11-21
North York, ON

AdrianF to newspeeds

to newspeeds
said by newspeeds :

I heard next time bell comes to your house they'll steal your computers and ransack your home for valuables.
Actually, I think they're already doing this.

gdogg8

2 edits

gdogg8 to newspeeds

to newspeeds
said by newspeeds :

No thats actually gonna be the federal reserve
After they engineer the worst depression ever that effects the whole world and take your home too.

Soon, due to this, you won't even be able to learn what I have learned to know what I say.
And you can find it out too.
While you still have time.
jat
join:2008-04-28
Burlington, ON

jat to otty

to otty
said by otty:

Yes you can be grandfathered in.
Doesn't look like it. As rex0 already quoted:
The rates, terms and conditions identified herein supercede and replace any rates, terms and conditions in contracts for similar services entered into prior to the approved effective date of this Tariff Item.
Compare with what you quoted:
Specifically, a charge of $0.75 per additional GB in excess of 300 GB of monthly usage will be implemented for wholesale GAS end-users if and when the Companies introduce a corresponding $1.00 charge per GB in excess of 300 GB for retail end-users who are on the Companies' usage-based billing plans (such a charge would not be applied to those retail customers who remain on flat-rated Internet services contracts).
Where "the Companies" refers to:
Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership's and Bell Canada's (or the Companies')
In other words, if/when Bell charges their own customers an extra $1/GB over 300GB, their current customers get grandfathered, but we never do. That seems fair!

otty
Revelstoke, BC

otty

I think you're right. On top of that I think they are only talking about "excessive use" charges not the normal "overage" charges. Thanks for ruinig my day ;(

rex0

2 edits

rex0 to andyb

to andyb
Indeed it reads the same way to me as well. But even if you're right otty (and I hope you are should this pass somehow) bell has in the past done anything it could to get its own customers off unlimited plans, so I don't think it would be a stretch here.

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma to andyb

to andyb
I think this will be the end of the internet.Bell is probably trying to get the internet killed cause they don't want to lose thier precious money.It just makes me sick,I guess TSI better kill the unlimited tier and fuse it with the 200GB Tier. Bell is the moron you love to hate but keeps on sucking

My2Cents00000
@teksavvy.com

My2Cents00000 to andyb

Anon

to andyb
Industry Canada regulates and inspects measuring devices used in commerce. For example, when you go to the grocery store deli and buy a half kilo of meat, you can see clearly the inspection sticker on the side of the scale. Not to mention, you have the power of oversight, being there in person, to make sure that no stray thumbs are pushing down on the scale. It is pretty safe to say that due to the regulation and inspection of the scale, along with personal oversight, you can be confident that you are actually getting the half kilo of meat that you are paying for.

I think perhaps that it may be time for Industry Canada to step up to the plate: regulate and inspect the measuring devices and processes used to bill customers in these per-bit billing models.

I, for one, would never trust Bell's accounting. Ever. There is no regulation or inspection of these measuring devices, which are completely under the control of the billing company. Personal oversight is severely restricted; in a typical networked home - you must rely on the numbers reported to you by the company's measuring tools.

gdogg8

1 edit

gdogg8 to JunjiHiroma

to JunjiHiroma
said by JunjiHiroma:

I think this will be the end of the internet.Bell is probably trying to get the internet killed cause they don't want to lose thier precious money
Actually bell is only doing(what all those rich people, who are so damn rich, we don't even know their names and they never appear as the worlds riches man in time magazine.)

Tell them to, because the people are catching on, that sure maybe we don't have the king and queen anymore, but our governments are also powerless and being controlled by a hidden government we cannot see.

And bell is being told to slow the internet, to first de-sensitize us to that fact their controlling the flow of information.
And when they take away our ability to visit websites next, people will be more ready for it.
And then they'll take all the blame for what bell has done, to distract us from finding out, who was really controlling bell all this time.

Hy Enlowis
@telus.net

Hy Enlowis to BACONATOR26

Anon

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

Just got an email from CTV in my inbox "CTV launching HD Beta Video Player" Very ironic. Too bad most people won't waste their bandwidth on that.
I don't think there's any irony at all. It's likely part of a corporate strategy.

They know that there will be (is?) bleeding of big dollars on at least 2 corporate fronts 1) Print Media, where newspapers and magazines dropping like flies and 2) Television Broadcasting - read the business section of last Saturday's Toronto Star for twin articles about the dire state of traditional broadcast viewership and thus advertising revenues and the huge influence that the internet has had.

With a stranglehold on delivery of those packets and a huge surge in demand for them, the easy money grab is to cut supply of raise the price of packets - apply OPEC principles to pricing of packets.

Then if they can make themselves the original suppliers of the packets and cause more of them to be used - whammo! The skies are raining money again.

Hmmmm, lets see if error rates creep up after UBB gets implemented. My guess is that you won't get your money back for bad packets.

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma to gdogg8

to gdogg8
said by gdogg8:

said by JunjiHiroma:

I think this will be the end of the internet.Bell is probably trying to get the internet killed cause they don't want to lose thier precious money
Actually bell is only doing(what all those rich people, who are so damn rich, we don't even know their names and they never appear as the worlds riches man in time magazine.)

Tell them to, because the people are catching on, that sure maybe we don't have the king and queen anymore, but our governments are also powerless and being controlled by a hidden government we cannot see.

And bell is being told to slow the internet, to first de-sensitize us to that fact their controlling the flow of information.
And when they take away our ability to visit websites next, people will be more ready for it.
And then they'll take all the blame for what bell has done, to distract us from finding out, who was really controlling bell all this time.
It reminds me of this NoFX Song: »www.youtube.com/v/TOPJ90FRZHI

"it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over
spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?" - NoFX

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to Hy Enlowis

to Hy Enlowis
Rocky it's time to reveal your plans for the future.

rex0

1 edit

rex0 to Hy Enlowis

to Hy Enlowis
Not to mention bce still owns ~15% of ctvglobemedia. Bell has the potential to get paid twice here, first any advertising revenue then any overage fees (plus the base fee they get anyways for your service)

AdrianF
join:2008-11-21
North York, ON

AdrianF to My2Cents00000

to My2Cents00000
said by My2Cents00000 :

I, for one, would never trust Bell's accounting. Ever. There is no regulation or inspection of these measuring devices, which are completely under the control of the billing company. Personal oversight is severely restricted; in a typical networked home - you must rely on the numbers reported to you by the company's measuring tools.
Hell, with retail end-users, is notorious for overbilling - and the only way to right their wrong is to fork over the money first before they can credit you appropriately. This has happened to me far too many times on moves over the years (and as recently as two summer's back).

I don't trust Hell at all.

gdogg8

4 edits

gdogg8 to Mike2009

to Mike2009
Yes rocky for prime minister.
So we can legalize the use of the bank of Canada again by the government
And stop using the USA private corporation The federal reserve

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - President Henry Ford

“The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest” - Albert Einstein

We are under the control of the same system, that made them say that.
You cannot fight the system, from inside of the system, for your then part of the system.
You must find out who really controls the system and take back control.