All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
trayed
join:2008-03-07
San Francisco, CA

trayed

Re: dsl internet light flashing

i called the phone support, he guided me trying troubleshoot the problem, and then telling me there is nothing he can do as he see no problem on his computer. Nothing change in my house and i troubleshooted concluding that it must be something wrong with att network or some pole in my neigborhood. Can you please look into it! I've pm my account name and phone number already.
DSLEXTREME_T
join:2009-03-04
Pacoima, CA

DSLEXTREME_T

Hey call again. Even though he might not see a problem on his computer we would still do everything we can to fix the issue. do you remember his name?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to trayed

ISP Employee

to trayed
Thanks for sending over your account information. It appears the line is dropping in and out. Typically that indicates that there is something on the line that is generating noise and causing it to go out of sync.

We like to try to isolate the line fully before dispatching a Telco technician. This helps avoid any dispatch charges that you would occur if the problem was on your wiring. Have you already isolate the line including ensure that you have filters on all of the devices that connect to the phone line. Do you have an alarm system or any new devices that you recently added to the line? Have you tried replacing the phone cable between the modem and wall jack? Can you try disconnecting all other devices on the phone line except the modem to see if you continue to lose sync.

If the problem still persists after that we will need to coordinate a dispatch of a Telco technician to your location. I would be happy to have someone give you a call to set that up.

Thanks