uniqs
sruser
join:2005-04-21
Arlington, VA

sruser to erikthebean

to erikthebean

Re: [Equipment] !!!TBSupport!!! My AC-211-SR

said by erikthebean:

The question i have is why do they change my password on my AC-211?? Besides i own it why cant i get into it??
Provide proof of ownership. The device was sent to a customer of the SunRocket service. You weren't charged for the device because it was needed to provide service. Upon cancellation it was expected to be returned. If you didn't a fee was charged or supposed to be charged. At least to my knowledge there was nothing in the agreement that states you owned the device. Why would a company give hardware out for free then let its users dictate the policy concerning access? The welcome password has never changed and has always been the user accessible password.

I don't know how teleblend operates but with Sunrocket you needed a separate config pushed to your device to support static IPs otherwise it will default to DHCP on its next configuration update.

If you paid your friend for the device it doesn't mean you own it because your friend had no ownership rights to the device anyway. I don't know why you want to even use that device since when SunRocket was around telco systems stopped supporting it long before they went out of business. Not to mention the list of issues with it.

Just because your friend didn't have to return the device since SunRocket went out of business doesn't mean you can demand things from its successor.

Learn to read, search, and write for that matter and you might realize that the answers are already provided.

voiplover
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover

Premium Member

Hey SRuser, you are the first one to make the same amount of sense as the apple in my fruit basket!
Bill44130
join:2003-10-08
Cleveland, OH

Bill44130 to sruser

to sruser
The way that SunRocket stuck it to some of its customers the Ac-211 definitely belongs to whoever possession it was in. I had 2 accounts I got full refund on one account and lost about 4 months on the other. Not to mention the loss of phone numbers and service. So it is my AC-211!

I can sell it to whoever I wish. There is nothing any one can do about it.

I believe the author asked a question, and didn't make any demand. Besides, I answered his question.
sruser
join:2005-04-21
Arlington, VA

1 recommendation

sruser

said by Bill44130:

The way that SunRocket stuck it to some of its customers the Ac-211 definitely belongs to whoever possession it was in.
Just because you got screwed doesn't prove ownership.

Legally show me in the terms and agreement contract that you had with SunRocket where is says you own the device. If Teleblend choose to do so they could probably request the device back as they would have serial/batch numbers of the units. They would also have a purchase order between them and Telco systems for the device, which gives them the right of ownership. I'm sure Sherwood partners would be more than accommodating. The fact here is that it would most likely cost more money than it is worth and that's why you got to keep the device as well as others.

I will never understand why some people complain about the loss of their numbers, it is ridiculous. Get a cell phone. Are you sitting around waiting for your high school girlfriend to call you back after 40 years? Who needs to contact you after so long that you need to have the same number. Its only been 10-15 years since the "phone number ownership" even came about, maybe less. When you moved providers you got a new number. Yes it was annoying to update everyone but this new thing called e-mail,instant message and if you haven't even moved your address. Plus you have to be pretty oblivious as to how much of your personal info is out on the net. If someone wanted to find you, or lets say contact you from way back when, a phone number would be the least of their concerns. You should also learn to use a credit card so you can make better disputes when things like this happen, otherwise, just learn from it.

The OP makes a big stink about the password being changed. The welcome password has never changed and it took about 3 seconds to type a line in google and find the answer along with other suggestions. There is even a blog called "gizmopasswords."

»gizmopasswords.blogspot. ··· ord.html

10 post down gives the password. I'm willing to bet that there is a correlation between the OP's ability to correct spelling mistakes and using google to search for answers.
said by erikthebean:

Also since this device can be used as a router, and is designed to be used as one i think i reserve the right to access the router settings within the ATA
said by erikthebean:

in my case i OWN my device (which is NOT outdated) and reserve the right to access the settings as i wish
Those look like demands to me.

I understand you answered the OP question as I can clearly read posts. The issue I have is the OP was not detailed enough in asking his question and included a bit more drama than necessary. Then after he was given a detailed explanation as to user level access he proceeds to complain about his device ownership and how Teleblend should stop messing with his device. It would have been better to ask if there was different permission levels. 90% bitching and 10% facts doesn't not go well when you are asking for help.