Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit
reply to cdru

Re: Also a thread in the Comcast HSI forum

said by cdru:

said by WareWolF2k:

RCN used to use "password" as a default password at one time. You are supposed to go on their web site and change it to something unique but some people never do.
said by WareWolF2k:

RCN used to use "password" as a default password at one time. You are supposed to go on their web site and change it to something unique but some people never do.
That's why, as a system admin, I make the default password a 64-character mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols, and other unicode characters. Users get so frustrated the first time they have to enter the password and figure out how to type characters like , , and that they always change it. Of course they usually change it to "password" but at least the blame is on them and not me.
64 characters!?!?
I bet they love you. That is a crazy amount of characters to enter, even to initally setup up your own password.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
said by aaronwt:

64 characters!?!?
I bet they love you. That is a crazy amount of characters to enter, even to initally setup up your own password.
I wasn't serious. Typical password policy is 8 characters and must have at least 3 of the following 4 things: Uppercase, lowercase, number, symbol.