spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hurley1904
join:2008-07-06

1 recommendation

hurley1904

live chat support online and interleaving

has anyone else tried their live chat support via their website. i was told that they would look into it and it would take 3-4 business days, so by tuesday we will see if it worked.
wingman99
join:2003-12-18
Opelika, AL

wingman99

What did you ask them to do.
mrhuggles
join:2007-03-29
Ames, IA

mrhuggles

prolly to put him on fastpath
hurley1904

1 recommendation

hurley1904

yes to put me on fastpath, just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this, talking to someone online about it. the guy said he couldnt say yes or no but he would put in a request so we will see, will post with results.
hurley1904

2 recommendations

hurley1904

if anyone was wondering, it was successful.
mrhuggles
join:2007-03-29
Ames, IA

mrhuggles

wow, maybe the CEOs office got tired of people pestering about it and changed policy, thats really great
questionable1
join:2005-10-18
Phoenix, AZ

questionable1 to hurley1904

to hurley1904
awesome to hear

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

1 edit

1 recommendation

dispatcher21 to hurley1904

to hurley1904
Reading this I went and had a chat. Tech David helped me out, he said that he would email certain people and that it should be done in a week, if it can be done to the line. Even gave me his email address to follow up with if I didnt see anything done. He said that they are in the process of setting up a system to make it easier but right now, they just email people and it goes up the ladder.
chips
join:2005-07-30
Springfield, OR

1 recommendation

chips to hurley1904

to hurley1904
Well after a second try in live chat i got a hold of a guy that knew what i was talking about and he ask me if i was a gamer and i was like yes...(little hesitate to say no ). Afterwards he said he was filling out a form and it would be done in a couple of days or in a week. My advise is to keep trying and make sure you tell them its a latency issue, not a internet speed issue.

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

1 recommendation

dispatcher21

Well, it worked, I am now on Fastpath. Sweet. Ping times within the Qwest network are about 15ms now and highest I have seen so far outside of Qwest doing a trace route to various sites is 90ms.
questionable1
join:2005-10-18
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

questionable1 to hurley1904

to hurley1904
I've really got to say that this is great to hear that it's alot easier to do this. They ae moving in the right direction at least

I'm currently on VDSL so my interleaving is 4 ms (roundtrip) I seriously doubt i need to get it done.

holocron
Premium Member
join:2004-06-28
Mount Vernon, NY

holocron to hurley1904

Premium Member

to hurley1904
Oh, excellent...this will make my telecommuting much better.
m0unds
join:2003-02-17
Albuquerque, NM

1 recommendation

m0unds to hurley1904

to hurley1904
Just submitted my own request to be placed on a fastpath profile. "jerermiah" says that requests are usually processed on fridays and mondays.
smithduluth
join:2006-10-26
Duluth, MN

smithduluth

Help was no help...

help@qwest.com to me
show details 3:26 AM (14 hours ago) Reply
Hello,
I understand you have a question regarding Interleaving.

I apologize for that trouble you're having. I do apologize as we are not able to turn off interleaving.

I hope this helps. If not or if you have any further questions that we can be of help with, please feel free to reply back to us, chat with an online agent by going to www.qwhelp.com and clicking on the 'Need Help - Click for Online Agent' or to contact our Technical Support @ 1-800-247-7285 for support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Thank you,
Kirk
Qwest Internet Solutions
Turbocpe
Premium Member
join:2001-12-22
IA

1 recommendation

Turbocpe

Premium Member

Maybe your line/circuit is not healthy enough that Qwest feels Interleaving is necessary?

dslhlpr
@qwest.net

1 recommendation

dslhlpr to hurley1904

Anon

to hurley1904
"Chatted" with the online support the other day. Said they would send the request to an engineer, and would have something back in up to 72 hrs. 72 hours came and went, decided to let it go over the weekend. Monday afternoon it was turned off. So took 6 days, but it was done.
smithduluth
Duluth, MN

smithduluth to Turbocpe

to Turbocpe
said by Turbocpe:

Maybe your line/circuit is not healthy enough that Qwest feels Interleaving is necessary?
My S/N is 19/17 and attenuation is 43/27, 3072/640 out of the CO. I think they just don't want to do it.
m0unds
join:2003-02-17
Albuquerque, NM

1 recommendation

m0unds to hurley1904

to hurley1904
It's been a week since I requested a fastpath profile, and I've still got interleaving enabled. My line is nearly error-free and has great s/n & attenuation. Guess I'll give it til Monday and decide whether I care enough about it to pursue it further.
m0unds

1 recommendation

m0unds

Spoke too soon Interleaving is disabled; I'm seeing 6ms to my first hop.
chips
join:2005-07-30
Springfield, OR

1 edit

1 recommendation

chips to hurley1904

to hurley1904
well after two weeks they finally turned off interleaving, went from 47ms to 15ms

no_one
@maricopa.edu

no_one to hurley1904

Anon

to hurley1904
I really hope they are not using a true engineers time for this. hopefully a title or really low level one. As there are many things that need help interleave with very little training could be done by anyone.
smithduluth
Duluth, MN

1 recommendation

smithduluth to chips

to chips
I had better results with live help... They said next week... Email support said NO...

Bronnster
join:2007-12-05
Hazelton, ID

1 recommendation

Bronnster to hurley1904

to hurley1904

live chat support online website info

Qwest is absolutely doing great when it comes to customer support. I have had nothing but good things to say about Qwest since day one. Maybe some would say I am just lucky enough to reach the right folks over there in customer service. So be it. Must be a lot of "right kind of folks working over there then. Qwest is one American patriotic Company that I'm proud to Patronize. The day they chose NOT to participate in a government wiretapping/eavesdropping unconstitutional program made me even more proud to be a customer of Qwest. Rock on Qwest!

»www.qwest.com/residentia ··· net.html
adem33110
join:2009-04-05

1 recommendation

adem33110

They put me on a list and told me interleaving would be off in about 1 week. The whole process took about 1 minute
over live chat. All i had to do was tell him I wanted interleaving off, verify my information, and say thanks.

AthlGrond
Premium Member
join:2002-04-25
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

AthlGrond to hurley1904

Premium Member

to hurley1904

Re: live chat support online and interleaving

After years of this being a hot button topic, I'm glad that they found a way to accommodate people wanting interleave removed.

Really very cool!

Qwestuser
@qwest.net

Qwestuser to hurley1904

Anon

to hurley1904
Do these stats look good enough to have interleaving turned off?

Current Noise Margin: 11.0 dB 11.0 dB
Current Attenuation: 40.5 dB 21.0 dB

Thanks
mathyou
join:2002-01-03
Minneapolis, MN

mathyou to hurley1904

to hurley1904
I used live chat on March 31. I was told it would take about 5 days. It is still on, but I am hopeful.
hurley1904

hurley1904 to Qwestuser

to Qwestuser
you might have trouble without interleaving qwestuser...
SpcSubby
join:2008-06-18
Albuquerque, NM

3 edits

SpcSubby

Do my stats look good enough to turn interleaving off? I have 12Meg fttn service. These high pings are killing me.
Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 12123 894
SN Margin (dB) 11.90 11.40
Line Attenuation (dB) 26.20 14.30

and here is my line quality test results.

Bronnster
join:2007-12-05
Hazelton, ID

1 edit

Bronnster

Re: live chat support online website info - Update!

After 3 days (including weekend), received and email from Cindy R. Qwest Technician confirming my interleaving has been turned off. Woohoo! Now on fastpath (btw-Qwest doesn't use the term fastpath according to email.). Here are my numbers now via pingplotter showing 8ms

mod note: member personal information removed as per member's request.