MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

1 recommendation

Smith6612 to cork1958

MVM

to cork1958

Re: Verizon Online DSL Poll Rating

I've been 100% satisfied with the service within the four years I've had the service, hence my review :P

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958

Premium Member

said by Smith6612:

I've been 100% satisfied with the service within the four years I've had the service, hence my review :P
And I can see that you obviously know what you're doing also, as you seem to be "the person" (trying to be politically correct here and not saying "the man"), helping everyone.

Not bad for someone who's only been here a year!!
Keep it up.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

1 recommendation

Dolgan

Premium Member

Chose 100% also as it was closest to my satisfaction level of 95%. The quality of service that VZ DSL customers recieve will be partially based upon their physical location. When you look thru the threads on this forum you find areas that are oversold {people complaining of slowdowns during peak usage periods} and areas where the lines/network are negelected [not getting proper speed/high packet loss/loss of synch throughout the day]. There always will be posts complaining of the poor level of customer service recieved by the outsourced techs we have to deal with over the phone. Lastly, you will also find a few posts from people who believe they are having trouble, when they are the cause of the problem or do not understand how DSL service works.

As Verizon abandons its copper network you will see an uptick in troubles related to poor network quality--that is the sad reality that many of us will face in the areas where FIOS will not be deployed.
dubenezic
join:2004-05-06
Elizabeth, NJ

dubenezic

In New Jersey, Verizon must deploy Fios Statewide. That was the deal struck with the legislature in order to avoid Verizon having to negotiate a franchise with each municipality.

However, they can deploy in any geographical order they want.

Dolgan
Premium Member
Madison, WI

2 recommendations

Dolgan

Premium Member

Statewide is a misnomer, as they will only need to deploy within the footprint that Verizon actually serves{they are not the only ILEC in NJ}. Furthermore, would not be holding my breath if I were living in a rural area that Verizon service within NJ--it will be a very long time for FIOS to become availible, if ever. Don't believe me? Ask the residents of PA on how good Verizon is in living up to their "promises" of statewide deployments.

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96 to dubenezic

Premium Member

to dubenezic
Spock knows a bit more for certain, but I think the only areas they are required to serve are the county seats.
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to dubenezic

Premium Member

to dubenezic
FIOS is currently available 600 feet away from my house, in the same housing development. However, I expect it will take years until it's available here. Not that I really care, since I'll probably stick with DSL anyway.
dubenezic
join:2004-05-06
Elizabeth, NJ

dubenezic to Jodokast96

to Jodokast96
That's incorrect. They have to wire the entire state, not just the county seat.

I thought it was understood that they would only have to wire areas they already serve.

PA is not NJ. So I don't know what problems they have there. I read that if they fail to wire by a certain time, heavy fines are involved. But don't quote me.

Dolgan
Premium Member
Madison, WI

Dolgan

Premium Member

Verizon will find the wiggle room in any contract they sign, with any government. Fines mean nothing to Verizon and are looked upon as a business cost. Time will tell, but would not hold my breath believing that VZ will live up to their end of the bargain...the execs will find an excuse for missing deployment dates. The better your excuses are, the higher you rise within VZ corporate structure.