how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maxpower81

join:2009-03-18
Kalamazoo, MI

Audio Skipping

I just got uverse installed yesterday (3/21/09) and have been having issues with the audio skipping on HD channels. I have the box going HDMI into my Samsung HL-T5675S TV and SPDIF into my Yamaha HTR-5950 reciever. It happens on live TV and recorded as well. It does not skip when I use the speakers on my tv using the HDMI audio. The installer swapped out the DVR and the RG. We also tried using the stb that I have in my bedroom and that skipped as well. We tried different cables as well. Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? The sound doesnt skip from my media box and it didnt when I had Charter.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

It's a known bug with the U-verse STBs. Rumor has been that it's a bug in the Microsoft STB software and will be fixed with a software update. It's more noticeable with some AV receivers than others.

Most people suggest using analog or the HDMI outputs as a workaround.

I got tired of living with it for 7 months and switched to DirecTV, and this was a big factor. To me it's just not acceptable for something like this to go unaddressed for this length of time, regardless of who is at fault. The workaround of using stereo audio is not acceptable to me either.
--
AT&T U-Hearse
Your funeral. Delivered.

maxpower81

Kalamazoo, MI

Wow, that is pretty lame. Unfortunatly, my reciever doesnt have HDMI so I cant connect the STB directly up to that. I even tried changing the connection to the STB to ethernet hoping that would work. Unfortunatly not.

I hate to go back to Charter. I like the picture quality, the amount of HD channels, and the ability to remove stations on the guide. Hopefully, they can figure somehting out because it is kinda annoying.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

The issue is only with 5.1 audio, so you can hook up the analog L/R connection and that will work. Or you can turn on sound effects which will cause the box to send stereo audio over optical. HDMI audio is also stereo only (another limitation of the U-verse STB).

I'm really hoping fixes for this stuff will come down with the next software upgrade. I ran out of patience but still hold some hope that a fix will come soon.
--
AT&T U-Hearse
Your funeral. Delivered.

maxpower81

Kalamazoo, MI

»www.engadgethd.com/2008/06/19/ci···ropouts/

I know the article is a bit old, but does anyone with a Cisco box have this issue?

bc

@comdata.com
reply to maxpower81

Ya, still an issue with new Cisco boxes

maxpower81

Kalamazoo, MI

Does anyone have a recomdation of a reciever that will work correctly? I might be willing to purchase a new reciever because I do like the features of the service.

lmacmil

join:2001-01-26
South Bend, IN
reply to maxpower81

said by maxpower81:

I just got uverse installed yesterday (3/21/09) and have been having issues with the audio skipping on HD channels.
I have Comcast and have the same problem and not just with HD channels. It's gotten worse of late. When I see a post like yours, I wonder if the problem originates at the source.