Re: IE8 InPrivate filter from adblock plus list

I'm looking forward to it too.

BTW, nice job OP, thanks.
Jotti
join:2009-06-03

1 edit

Jotti to anony101

to anony101
just a quick question if i wants to open all the time In Private browsing automatic its possible??I mean when i open IE i want always open INprivate mode not Normal mode.By default i have to click all the time from tools InPrivate browsing .

Edit: I tried with this
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE

DWORD "StartMode" value 1 (hex).
but im littlebit confused where i sould put this "StartMode" in Name option? I mean i have to rename the entry from new value #1 to "StartMode" or what??
and after i add this 2 more registry enrtry added automatically
one name Last Mode
and ShowFirstRun.

any helps would be highly appriciated

hellooo
@sbcglobal.net

hellooo to anony101

Anon

to anony101
I don't understand the fuss since all you gotta do to block ads is by disabling Active Scripting.

anony101
@sbcglobal.net

1 recommendation

anony101 to anony101

Anon

to anony101
rules.xml.zip
14,849 bytes
Here is the latest adblock plus rules from June 3 2009

EM00
@dsl.scarlet.be

EM00

Anon

Hi anony101
Thanks for the update! When importing your list in IE8 (under Win XP Pro SP3), i get this message:
"Your InPrivate Filtering list could not be imported. It may not be a valid InPrivate Filtering list."
Am i doing anything wrong?

Danny
@ighost.se

Danny to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Thanks for update but i having problem Ads are still there.
In Gmail and when search something Sponsored links ads still and others too ......

richardfrey11001
join:2000-11-15
Floral Park, NY

1 edit

richardfrey11001 to EM00

to EM00
said by EM00 :

Hi anony101
Thanks for the update! When importing your list in IE8 (under Win XP Pro SP3), i get this message:
"Your InPrivate Filtering list could not be imported. It may not be a valid InPrivate Filtering list."
Am i doing anything wrong?
I just imported to my inprivate list without problem. Save to desktop. Unzip to desktop. You should now see an XML doc. on your desktop called rules. Open IE8>tools>manage Add-ons>bottom of list on right-click on InPrivate filtering> go to bottom of page and click on Import>go to desk top and click on rules.

anony101
@sbcglobal.net

anony101 to Danny

Anon

to Danny
said by Danny :

Thanks for update but i having problem Ads are still there.
In Gmail and when search something Sponsored links ads still and others too ......
IE8 inprivate will not block ads from the same domain your browsing. This was a design decision made by microsoft.

mr greenhatch
@metronet.co.uk

mr greenhatch

Anon

great job anony101. i assume the new list adds/replaces the one you issued in april so i should import the new list on top of the old one.

Frease
@maxonline.com.sg

Frease to anony101

Anon

to anony101
I just wanna convey a big thank you for compiling and sharing the list!

anony101
@sbcglobal.net

anony101

Anon

said by Frease :

I just wanna convey a big thank you for compiling and sharing the list!
I didn't compile the list. It came from the hard work done by Rick752 and now ares2 on adblock plus.
Expand your moderator at work
kingtron
join:2008-06-28

1 edit

kingtron to anony101

to anony101

Re: IE8 InPrivate filter from adblock plus list

@anony101

thanks !

and after some googling i've found another .XML list
from here:

block ads with internet explorer 8

»textpad.spaces.live.com/ ··· 07.entry

newbug
@..55.xx.in-addr.arpa

newbug to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Anyone add ads.wamba.com to a xml to import?
botp
join:1999-10-02
Chicago, IL

botp to anony101

to anony101
I found this through browsing over at Spybot forums, great info. I am going to try this out soon. Thanks to everyone involved.
jasonsmr
join:2008-10-03
Interlochen, MI

1 edit

jasonsmr to anony101

to anony101
said by anony101 :

I created an xml for inprivate filtering from the basic adblock plus list for adware servers. All you have to do to use it is import the xml (unzip first) into inprivate filtering from manage ad-ons.

I tried to use an xml made from the hphosts lists but the browser slowed down due the big number of entries.
how does one go about importing that list Into the XML File with any ease someone should rite' a script?? Maybe a bat',??
any volunteers?

j) would help however I dot have the language

successions Leaps of Faith

Chuck B
@optonline.net

Chuck B to anony101

Anon

to anony101
awesome... works great, thanks!

claudia UK
@tvgawex.pl

claudia UK to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Hi anony101. Your XML list works great. Could you tell us "step by step" how to convert Adblock text list to InPrivate XML file?

This is example of Adblock list, what I want to convert:

»adblockplus.mozdev.org/e ··· list.txt

It's realy important for us, because Adblock list is changing recently.
acuariano
Premium Member
join:2004-10-27
Woodside, NY

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE FILE,,,it relly works great
and hope this post theme don't die...and his should be a sticky..
let us know if there is an update
acuariano

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
yes that would be great to know how to convert files to xml
can you please post details for IE8
acuariano

acuariano to kingtron

Premium Member

to kingtron
hey kingtron,,thanks that's an updated list from fanboys...dated july24..and works well too
acuariano

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
well this si missing some flashing ads,banners,hope and updated version comes up soon.
acuariano

1 recommendation

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
ok guys here is the latest adblocker [SEP-02-09] from fanboy's list for IE8 in .xml homepage is »textpad.spaces.live.com/ ··· 07.entry..
you guys can also try quero toolbar for IE8
-also simple adbock ..is in beta stage but works great for IE8.
hope it heps guys
acuariano

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
you can also try mvps host files..read first about it
»www.mvps.org/winhelp2002 ··· osts.htm

there is something else,,,but you have o red a lot before using it a small product "proxomitron"..i'm still reading about it...good luck guys.

richardfrey11001
Floral Park, NY

richardfrey11001 to acuariano

to acuariano
I just imported the IE8 adblocker list. It seriously altered the way DSLReports.com is displayed. Turning off the inprivate filtering and refreshing the page makes it display correctly. Wish I knew which new item caused it so I could delete it from the list.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to acuariano

to acuariano
I do not use IE at all,but thank you for making adblock.

nobody
@tpgi.com.au

1 recommendation

nobody to richardfrey11001

Anon

to richardfrey11001
said by richardfrey11001:

I just imported the IE8 adblocker list. It seriously altered the way DSLReports.com is displayed. Turning off the inprivate filtering and refreshing the page makes it display correctly. Wish I knew which new item caused it so I could delete it from the list.
I made some changes to the xml. Try it again and see if it works for you now.

richardfrey11001
Floral Park, NY

4 edits

richardfrey11001

That did the trick for me. DSLReports is back to normal. Thank You!

I thought it was fixed, but now I have come back to DSLReports an hour later and it is not fixed, still a very distorted display.

P.S. We are talking about the XML that you get by clicking on the zip posted by acuariano on 9/2 right?
richardfrey11001

richardfrey11001 to nobody

to nobody
I went to the web site shown in acuariano's post and downloaded the XML from the link where it says "here" and that XML returned DSLReports to its former glory.

Aggie00
@telus.net

Aggie00 to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Thank you so much for the xml file.

I've bee using Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox since my 1st PC many yrs ago and with the way FireFox/Mozilla is going (bloated, constant freezing in Windows 7 to the point of making Windows 7 inoperable, I guess it's the legendary Memory leaks) ...now I'm trying to fall back on IE and this filter is really a great help!

To me, one of the most powerful feature of FireFox is the ability to block ads with Adblock Plus + Element Helper, and there isn't any thing that I could not block, period! (I also use MVP's HOST file)

This filter (276 kb) together with MVP's HOST (600 kb) file kinda slow down IE a little bit, but I can live with that...and I hope eventually someone will develop something like in FireFox/Ad Block Plus/Element Helper, where you can right click on any image on a web site and select "Block" and create our own custom block list to append to the existing filter!

Best regards.