acuariano
Premium Member
join:2004-10-27
Woodside, NY

acuariano to kingtron

Premium Member

to kingtron

Re: IE8 InPrivate filter from adblock plus list

hey kingtron,,thanks that's an updated list from fanboys...dated july24..and works well too
acuariano

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
well this si missing some flashing ads,banners,hope and updated version comes up soon.
acuariano

1 recommendation

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
ok guys here is the latest adblocker [SEP-02-09] from fanboy's list for IE8 in .xml homepage is »textpad.spaces.live.com/ ··· 07.entry..
you guys can also try quero toolbar for IE8
-also simple adbock ..is in beta stage but works great for IE8.
hope it heps guys
acuariano

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
you can also try mvps host files..read first about it
»www.mvps.org/winhelp2002 ··· osts.htm

there is something else,,,but you have o red a lot before using it a small product "proxomitron"..i'm still reading about it...good luck guys.

richardfrey11001
join:2000-11-15
Floral Park, NY

richardfrey11001 to acuariano

to acuariano
I just imported the IE8 adblocker list. It seriously altered the way DSLReports.com is displayed. Turning off the inprivate filtering and refreshing the page makes it display correctly. Wish I knew which new item caused it so I could delete it from the list.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to acuariano

to acuariano
I do not use IE at all,but thank you for making adblock.

nobody
@tpgi.com.au

1 recommendation

nobody to richardfrey11001

Anon

to richardfrey11001
said by richardfrey11001:

I just imported the IE8 adblocker list. It seriously altered the way DSLReports.com is displayed. Turning off the inprivate filtering and refreshing the page makes it display correctly. Wish I knew which new item caused it so I could delete it from the list.
I made some changes to the xml. Try it again and see if it works for you now.

richardfrey11001
join:2000-11-15
Floral Park, NY

4 edits

richardfrey11001

That did the trick for me. DSLReports is back to normal. Thank You!

I thought it was fixed, but now I have come back to DSLReports an hour later and it is not fixed, still a very distorted display.

P.S. We are talking about the XML that you get by clicking on the zip posted by acuariano on 9/2 right?
richardfrey11001

richardfrey11001 to nobody

to nobody
I went to the web site shown in acuariano's post and downloaded the XML from the link where it says "here" and that XML returned DSLReports to its former glory.

Aggie00
@telus.net

Aggie00 to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Thank you so much for the xml file.

I've bee using Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox since my 1st PC many yrs ago and with the way FireFox/Mozilla is going (bloated, constant freezing in Windows 7 to the point of making Windows 7 inoperable, I guess it's the legendary Memory leaks) ...now I'm trying to fall back on IE and this filter is really a great help!

To me, one of the most powerful feature of FireFox is the ability to block ads with Adblock Plus + Element Helper, and there isn't any thing that I could not block, period! (I also use MVP's HOST file)

This filter (276 kb) together with MVP's HOST (600 kb) file kinda slow down IE a little bit, but I can live with that...and I hope eventually someone will develop something like in FireFox/Ad Block Plus/Element Helper, where you can right click on any image on a web site and select "Block" and create our own custom block list to append to the existing filter!

Best regards.
acuariano
Premium Member
join:2004-10-27
Woodside, NY

acuariano to anony101

Premium Member

to anony101
you guys still can try for IE8
quero toolbar
simple adblock

and for firefox users,add adblock list and subscribe to fanboys list.
fanboys list was update today 9-24
bantam
join:2009-11-10
Staten Island, NY

bantam to anony101

to anony101
Is there a CURRENT update?????

pyramida
@btopenworld.com

pyramida to anony101

Anon

to anony101
Hi everyone,

Do you have any idea how i can get the .xml list file to be picked up\updated automatically from a central shared location - for example from my website whenever i logon to it?

Many thanks for all your input and help so far!!!

wyzxx
@xtra.co.nz

wyzxx to anony101

Anon

to anony101
I am the most computer illiterate person out here, but I followed these instructions - and it worked. Thanks guys.
TFC
join:2010-02-18

1 edit

TFC to anony101

to anony101
Thank you so much...
I have been searching and pulling my hair out trying to block adds which annoy me and also in particular to protect my daughter.

This topic has solved it all for me as I have installed the list and sussed that it is so easy to update with new sites to block...

It really works...

Respect to the OP

Tom

[edit to say... this should be a sticky....]

MPC
@yadtel.net

MPC to anony101

Anon

to anony101
There is a way to enable InPrivate Filtering by default.

Instead of using HKEY_CURRENT_USER, create the entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (it doesn't exist by Default). Now it's enabled by default regardless of which user you login to. It would look like this (copy and paste):

-----------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE]
"StartMode"=dword:00000001

------------------------

Hope this helps everyone
mrbrimi
join:2000-02-15
Woodstock, ON

1 edit

mrbrimi to anony101

to anony101
Latest update to Fanboy Adblock List is February 27 023b at »www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock ··· =6&t=319

(edited link to page instead of file)