uniqs

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

1 edit

goober22 to nightshade74

to nightshade74

Re: Knology IS the worst cable ISP period!

4:25pm

and from across the country...

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

7:30pm

Across the country

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC to Lark3po

Premium Member

to Lark3po
I'm going to be an evil SOB... just got switched back over, and lo and behold

zpm
join:2009-03-23
Columbus, GA

zpm

is it a stable 16 ???

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC

Premium Member

said by zpm:

is it a stable 16 ???
No, unfortunately not....

LOL. Of course, that is from the "Power Boost", and it isn't real... but for me, it works just fine.

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to Lark3po

to Lark3po
4:48pm

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

nightshade74 to WoofieInPC

Premium Member

to WoofieInPC

Anyone want to take a wild guess how that happened?
It's kind of an amusing story...

DJ
Premium Member
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL

DJ

Premium Member

If that's what 3.0 looks like I want it!

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22 to BiGdUsTy

to BiGdUsTy
Still no love for the city side of PC!

9:09pm

zpm
Columbus, GA

1 edit

zpm

still the same here..... stable 20 hrs, and unstable for 4 hrs here in Columbus....

i'm going to say that what night has look like maybe docsis 2.0, but maybe i'm wrong. you better just hope it stays that way.

zpmwork
@knology.net

zpmwork

Anon

from work.... we had charter but sometime ago they switched to knology.....

thats from a newsroom computer....

zpmwork2
@knology.net

zpmwork2

Anon

Test Result:
Download Speed: 11562 kbps (1445.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 10325 kbps (1290.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

thats from the knology speedtest...... it's super fast but sucks 10 miles away...... and i know they have business super pack...

when charter filed bankruptcy, i guess wtvm decided to switch to knology for internet... and once a moth at least..... charter internet here at the station would be down for like 5 hrs..... most of the time it was during the day....

scmdslguy28
join:2004-02-26
Columbus, GA

scmdslguy28 to Lark3po

to Lark3po
Is there still supposed to be an upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 in Columbus? If so, when did or when will it happen? Right now I am still running a strong 6.0-6.4 MB/s download regardless of the time of day. To everyone who has had bad experiences with Knology my apologies and hope it improves for all of you soon!

zpm2
@knology.net

zpm2

Anon

i've had bad lag at nights..... always between 7 pm and midnight. they send out tech after tech,..... enough with the techs, it's not on my side of the wire......

DJ
Premium Member
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL

DJ to Lark3po

Premium Member

to Lark3po
It stays constant 6.4-6.5 here. I live behind Sonic on Manchester Expressway, very densely populated with Mediacom & AT&T being the competitors.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

1 edit

goober22

Sunday, 3:59pm

This is the fastest it's been all week - and still not near 6Mbps. Every once in awhile in the early morn, 5:30ish, I can hit 6. The other 23 hours are 2.5 to 4Mbps

zpm
Columbus, GA

zpm

sound like someone in your area is pulling a whole lot of speed..... or knology is throttling... in which case if they are, i would leave knology...... call and complain........ that seems to work for me sometimes.....

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

Last few days have been better - still not where they need to be on the city side.

zpm
Columbus, GA

zpm

well, all of next month, they have schedule video maintenance..

»support.knology.net/cont ··· atus.cfm

scmdslguy28
join:2004-02-26
Columbus, GA

scmdslguy28 to Lark3po

to Lark3po

As you can see I am getting consistent 6.0 MB/s download; could use more upload though!

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

1 edit

goober22 to zpm

to zpm
said by zpm:

well, all of next month, they have schedule video maintenance..

»support.knology.net/cont ··· atus.cfm
No use to me as I don't have video (only net & phone). Probably for VOD and HD upgrades.

Speed is back down for me on the city side. Now my upload is down as well! At least it is consistantly bad everywhere in North America!!!

goober22

goober22

Better on Monday eve. for East coast, sux foe West coast.:

goober22

goober22

Pretty mixed here. High pings, low pings, upload bad, download good?!

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to Lark3po

to Lark3po

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

Much better today in the city.

Off a little across the country and upload is down a tad but it does seem to be getting better and more consistent.

For grins - from the "Land of the Rising Sun":

goober22

goober22

Here is the afternoon:

and To-K-yo! for comparison:

Seems to be better and consistent.
goober22

goober22

Well, the past couple of weeks have been pretty good. Guss I'll have to find something else to complain about now!

goober22

goober22

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Speed more consistent and better.

zpm
Columbus, GA

zpm

Network Maintenance

07/10/2009
Columbus Network Maintenance
Knology technicians will be performing a maintenance that will affect data customers in the Central,East, and South section of Columbus between the hours of 12am to 6am. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Email Network Operations

07/09/2009
Knology technicians will be performing a maintenance that will affect data customers in the Central,East, and South section of Columbus between the hours of 12am to 6am. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Email Network Operations

07/08/2009
Email Network Operations

hmm, 3 days to upgrade stuff, better be more cmts, docsis 3.0 readiness or the 3.0 install....
n0slet
join:2009-04-30
Columbus, GA

n0slet to Lark3po

to Lark3po
Yeah I too have been suffering through this crap for the passed several months now in Columbus, GA. Horrible ping spikes when playing games, going up to and in excess of 1500ms pings, as well as horrific packet loss.

I average about 6mb down myself, but it goes down as low as 2-3mb at peak times. But what gets me is the high pings and packet loss while gaming. Playing games through knology has become pointless for the passed month or so. I get 1500+ ping spikes every 5-10 minutes that last for 2-3 minutes, and sporadic packet loss as well every few seconds, so you skip all over the place when playing. Packet loss in excess of 20-50% across 4-6 hops pinging nearly anything outside of the knology network is pretty routine in this area at any time of day. Some days it's ok, but they are few and far between.

Most likely I'll be switching to mediacom soon, not that much higher price wise, and WAY faster, 20mb down 2mb up from them isn't much more then knology's crap 6mb down, 40k up at all in the grand scheme of things. Granted I don't have their booster service. But with how crappy it is normally they don't deserve a penny more imo. =P Do yourselves a favor and switch to mediacom asap.