spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Airplane777

join:2004-06-20

1 edit

How get rid of Zone Alarm toolbar on my IE ?

Click for full size
I recently updated to more recent ZoneAlarm software.

ZoneAlarm automatically loaded a toolbar onto my IE, as you can see in the attachment. But I can't find a way to get rid of the toolbar.

You will also see the Google toolbar. Google allows for geting rid of the Google toolbar, but apparently not ZoneAlarm.

Having a Zonealarm toolbar takes up too much monitor realestate. If anyone can tell me now to get rid of that toolbar, that would be great. Sometimes I like being able to temporarily get rid of some of the toolbars so I can have more viewable space.

Thanks much

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

3 edits

Click for full size
no ZA Spy remover toolbar
Go to Add/Remove and remove ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker which is the toolbar.
edit: I updated a few days ago as well and got the same thing and all i did was go to add/remove and removed ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker and the toolbar was gone.

sharpy merc

join:2003-01-28
England
reply to Airplane777

try this

»windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

Airplane777

1 recommendation

reply to MarkAW

Thanks Mark and sharpy:

Thats great info to know both techniques.

For now I'll use the Add/Remove technique.

Airplane777

Yipee...Add/Remove worked.

Now I have a little more screen realestate.

thanks

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

LOL! Glad it worked for you.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Airplane777

I am happy that you had the responses you needed. I might also suggest that perhaps the ZA's addition of a toolbar wasn't automatic. I think that there must have been an opportunity to not have that download take place with the tool bar included having just done so myself. Somewhere on the info for the download, there must have been a place to 'uncheck' the toolbar. Just a hint for the next time so you won't find the same problem. Good luck and enjoy your new update.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay