Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brandon_k_w

join:2003-06-28
Sacramento, CA

1 edit

[IE8] Address bar history drop-down menu does not show up

In IE7, when I typed in a URL in the address bar, I could click on that down arrow and go back to the URL without typing it again. In IE8 there is no drop-down menu showing. URL history is turned on as I can view it when I click on the Favorites icon, and then click the history tab.

Also, is anybody else having difficulties not being able to open WMV files? This problem also occured once I installed IE8. Thank you.

John1930

@comcast.net

No problem with my IE8 URL address bar...works like the previous except for one improvement. You can delete single
entries which is a new feature I like.

Sundog
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Baja AZ

Address Bar
For your Address bar to work see if you can have "Address Bar" ticked in the AutoComplete Settings:

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete (Settings) and tick "Address Bar".

I've included a screen capture.

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1
reply to John1930

Couldn't you alway delete prior entries by using the down arrow and hitting the delete button? You can do the same for most drop downs in Windows and I think IE4>7 was the same way, wasn't it?

John1930

@comcast.net
reply to brandon_k_w

I have never been able to delete single entries before.
I have tried numerous time to no avail.

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1

Ah... I stand corrected. I just tried - and FAILED! (I don't use much IE any more, so I had to dust it off first).

You right - that does not work in IE7...