join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6

1 edit
reply to FUCK iPHONE

Re: Working on 3G

said by FUCK iPHONE :

said by Matt3:

The Jail Breakers have a ton of SIP apps working across 3G that are only supposed to work across WiFi, I bet they'll figure out a way to make this one work too.
Which SIP apps work on 3G. I had only heard of hacked version of fring..but that never seems to work.
How about this? I bought a Nokia E71 from Amazon.com... $280.. cheaper than an iPhone. Right out of the box there is no AT&T crap I will never use on it. Instead of paying $10/month for AT&T Navigator which requires cell phone reception, I bought Garmin XT for $99 one time fee, faster because the maps are on the phone and don't need to be downloaded.

It has a built in SIP client (unlike my previous AT&T-branded Smartphone) and it works perfectly over 3G.

No jailbreak, no hacking, just a good phone to use. On top of that I don't have to trick AT&T so they don't charge me $30 for an internet plan that is the EXACT same thing as the $15 plan, only because my phone has a certain serial #.

I think there is Skype for the E71, but I don't use Skype.

Oh and Fring never worked well for me on the Windows phones. Poor/choppy audio on the 3G and even WiFi. Sound only came out through the speakerphone (TOTALLY unusable). I think my Thinkpad T20 in 2000 on random WiFi hotspots got better VoIP quality than any AT&T cripple crap can do.
--
PRescott7-2097

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

said by joako:

How about this? I bought a Nokia E71 from Amazon.com... $280.. cheaper than an iPhone. Right out of the box there is no AT&T crap I will never use on it. Instead of paying $10/month for AT&T Navigator which requires cell phone reception, I bought Garmin XT for $99 one time fee, faster because the maps are on the phone and don't need to be downloaded.
Your rant would be somewhat valid if I didn't pay $99 for my iPhone and it wasn't selling for $199 from AT&T.

And what in the world do you mean "AT&T crap?" The iPhone isn't loaded with ANYTHING related to AT&T other than the little AT&T logo in the status bar.

/me thinks you're ranting because you're just Anti-iPhone ... you don't actually know anything about it and have never used one.