uniqs

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to Wurf It

MVM

to Wurf It

Re: Worth buying USPS insurance for eBay item?

What happens if it's just lost by USPS? If they have a tracking number and the post office has accepted the package and it's then just gone, you eat the loss.

SychoSly
Scoot the World
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
Mount Prospect, IL

SychoSly

Premium Member

said by beck:

What happens if it's just lost by USPS? If they have a tracking number and the post office has accepted the package and it's then just gone, you eat the loss.
That is not true. The package has to show as delivered. If the package is lost then it can not be delivered.

runnoft
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC

1 edit

runnoft to beck

Premium Member

to beck
said by beck:

The seller eats the loss in this situation, if the buyer used Paypal and if the seller did not pay for insurance before shipping-- doesn't matter whether or not buyer paid seller for insurance, as far as Paypal is concerned. If seller paid USPS for insurance, seller can file a claim.
dentman42
Premium Member
join:2001-10-02
Columbus, OH

dentman42

Premium Member

I've had a lot of sellers lately that are lucky I'm honest - no insurance and they didn't even get delivery confirmation. I always wonder if they just figure they'll eat any loss or if they really don't know how vulnerable that leaves them.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to beck

Premium Member

to beck
NOT responsible FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS!!

if it gets lost owell it's on you as the seller does not do the shipping (after it get to the post office)