« The Big Buysbs »
This is a sub-selection from Free for all

ninjatutle
Premium

join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA
reply to Matt3

Re: Free for all

Not here in Cali. Most cities also make it madatory for you to have garbage service with Waste Managment. I know someone with an empty house and they are forced to have service.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

said by ninjatutle:

Not here in Cali. Most cities also make it madatory for you to have garbage service with Waste Managment. I know someone with an empty house and they are forced to have service.
So take it up with your state legislature. What does that have to do with this article about an anti-muni bill in North Carolina?

ninjatutle
Premium

join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA

1 recommendation

Because this is just the start of the govt trying to take over everything...

gdicus

join:2009-02-15
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

I have to agree.

The service I provide has, on multiple occasions, been wiped out by city projects.

Then, what usually happens is that the Government, or Librarian in this case imposes it's own rules for the service.

Think about having a Librarian regulating your internet service.

Go to the local library and you will see these rules in play. I haven't for awhile, but in one branch they wouldn't allow people to email from their computers.

So, after wiping me out, they in turn provided a substandard service. I couldn't compete with free internet, even with freedom to access any site that you wished to access.

RayW
Premium
join:2001-09-01
Layton, UT
kudos:1

said by gdicus:

I have to agree.

The service I provide has, on multiple occasions, been wiped out by city projects.

Then, what usually happens is that the Government, or Librarian in this case imposes it's own rules for the service.

Think about having a Librarian regulating your internet service.

Go to the local library and you will see these rules in play. I haven't for awhile, but in one branch they wouldn't allow people to email from their computers.

So, after wiping me out, they in turn provided a substandard service. I couldn't compete with free internet, even with freedom to access any site that you wished to access.
So you are saying the Librarian dictates what you can do from home? or just from the library?

Or if I read your post in a different way, how does providing limited service at a public facility that is (in most places) open for limited hours affecting what I assume was an attempt by you to be an internet provider? Either you provide such poor service each time that it was better to go to the library with the limited hours and time restrictions than to put up with your multiple attempts. I have not seen one library prohibit email, and I have used libraries in California, Arizona, Ohio, Texas, and one in Alberta over the last few years before I got a laptop.

Or the third option which looks more logical, the standard big business troll.
--
I am not lost, I find myself every time.