This is a sub-selection from Free for all
TheKnossos
join:2003-05-14
Timnath, CO

TheKnossos to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: Free for all

I agree as well.

I think cities/communities can decide what is best for their citizens better then the big telcos or state and federal governments.

Also, an individual has more sway with the local government then they do with the state/feds, so if something about the service needs to be improved it's more likely to get done. But if all else fails, it's easier to move to a different city then it is out of state or out of country.

ninjatutle
Premium
join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA

ninjatutle

What happens if the network is not profitable? Will they take funding from other sources? Will they even know what they are doing? Verizon a company with decades in the business can't get billing write, you think the govt will do better?

Letting the govt control the interweb? Go to China. Less govt is a good thing.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan

Premium Member

The reason they do not have the billing right is because the executives are too cheap to get the software fixed by their vendor, and too stupid to have in house software teams/developers.

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

coldmoon to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle
quote:
...Less govt is a good thing.
Actually that is what got us in the hole we are in now. What is needed is more competition...

Just a thought

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS

MVM

said by coldmoon:
quote:
...Less govt is a good thing.
Actually that is what got us in the hole we are in now. What is needed is more competition...

Just a thought
Ah, so more government must be the answer. Let's nationalize every industry, and let the government run it all. Take all of our paycheck, and give us back what they think we need.

Big government, big business ... it is all the same.
« The Big BuysNC, broadband, etc »
This is a sub-selection from Free for all