spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CoxInfoGuy
join:2008-01-23
Atlanta, GA

CoxInfoGuy

Cox launches DOCSIS 3.0 in Louisiana

Cox rolled out DOCSIS 3.0 technology in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana this week with the launch of our Ultimate high-speed Internet service. Cox's Ultimate Internet offers downloads up to 50 Mbps and uploads up to 5 Mbps.

We plan to offer DOCSIS 3.0 technology to several markets by the end of this year, and it's expected to be available to more than two-thirds of our footprint by the end of 2010. No other market launches have been announced at this time, but testing is underway and we’ll have more news soon!

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by CoxInfoGuy:

Cox rolled out DOCSIS 3.0 technology in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana this week with the launch of our Ultimate high-speed Internet service. Cox's Ultimate Internet offers downloads up to 50 Mbps and uploads up to 5 Mbps.

We plan to offer DOCSIS 3.0 technology to several markets by the end of this year, and it's expected to be available to more than two-thirds of our footprint by the end of 2010. No other market launches have been announced at this time, but testing is underway and we’ll have more news soon!
Nice! They have to compete with the Lafayette fiber system I see. Wish the Baton Rouge market would have been part of this

I wonder if they are going to compete with the fiber system in Gonzales, LA. But that one has been around for a while, so maybe not.

I am still jealous of the fiber system though...

10 Mbps (Download AND Upload)
$28.95

30 Mbps (Download AND Upload)
$44.95

50 Mbps (Download AND Upload)
$57.95

That's just sick! Then combine that with every customer is 100Mbps to other fiber customers.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to CoxInfoGuy

News Guy

to CoxInfoGuy
Pricing?

CoxTOC1
join:2007-05-15
Newport News, VA

2 edits

CoxTOC1

Available as a pro install only (Install is a one time 99.95 charge) and the monthly price is 139.99. However the
Louisiana market has a introductory price of only 89.99.

Some things to note are:

You get 3 ip addresses

At this time their are *NO* transfer caps on this level of service.

For those curious about what type of modem you get it's a Cisco DPC3000.

These modems are not yet widely available in retail outlets; however, Cox is selling them in our retail locations for $99.99.

Yes powerboost is available on this tier of service.

(edited to correct pricing information)

CoxInfoGuy
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

CoxInfoGuy to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
Standard pricing for Cox Ultimate Internet is $139.99/month, but as with all our packages, pricing is set locally, so customers in Lafayette Parish can get lower introductory prices ($89.99/month) when they call to sign up for the service.

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode to CoxTOC1

News Guy

to CoxTOC1
Thanks guys (gals?).

CoxTOC1
Newport News, VA

CoxTOC1

said by Karl Bode:

Thanks guys (gals?).
You are quite welcome (Last I checked CoxInfoGuy and myself were both guys, we are fairly sure that CoxTECH1 is a guy as well but...)!

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode

News Guy

Just covering my bases.

Do we have a better definition than "several" additional markets?

Bit00
Premium Member
join:2009-02-19

Bit00 to CoxInfoGuy

Premium Member

to CoxInfoGuy
Monthly usage cap?

CoxTOC1
Newport News, VA

CoxTOC1

said by Bit00:

Monthly usage cap?
At this time their are no usage caps.
CoxTOC1

CoxTOC1 to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Just covering my bases.

Do we have a better definition than "several" additional markets?
Unfortunately we do not have a better definition at this time.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

is there going to be different tiers or just the Cox's Ultimate Internet

komodo7d
join:2006-10-17
Lafayette, LA

komodo7d to CoxInfoGuy

to CoxInfoGuy
WOW...rolled out faster than I heard it would...

all I know is, the recent changes have my premier tier connection running more consistent and with faster page loading...hardly notice that annoying glitch anymore and I finally see 3 Mb or better downloads...

thanks again to all you cox tech guys for your assistance with my connection issues in the past

CoxTOC1
Newport News, VA

CoxTOC1 to ajwees41

to ajwees41
said by ajwees41:

For right now I believe that the only DOCSIS 3 offering will be the Ultimate Tier. However I will ask for clarification.

Thak
@cox.net

Thak to CoxInfoGuy

Anon

to CoxInfoGuy
Can I call now and order if I am in Lafayette?

CoxInfoGuy
Atlanta, GA

CoxInfoGuy

Yes, representatives are standing by

CoxTOC1
Newport News, VA

CoxTOC1 to Thak

to Thak
You should be able to call into your local sales and see if it's offered in your area.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to CoxTOC1

Premium Member

to CoxTOC1
said by CoxTOC1:

said by ajwees41:

For right now I believe that the only DOCSIS 3 offering will be the Ultimate Tier. However I will ask for clarification.
The reason I asked was I saw Comcast is offering more than one tier.
nongobi
join:2008-12-03
Lafayette, LA

nongobi to CoxInfoGuy

to CoxInfoGuy
What ports (if any) are blocked with this service by Cox?

April1
@cox.net

April1

Anon

Due to the number of official Cox Posts on this issue - I'm assuming it is not an April Fools joke (what a day to announce). Though the new info is not reflected on the local Cox Site

»www.cox.com/greaterlouis ··· cing.asp

CoxTOC1
Newport News, VA

CoxTOC1

No it is not a April Fools joke.
CoxTOC1

2 edits

CoxTOC1 to nongobi

to nongobi
said by nongobi:

What ports (if any) are blocked with this service by Cox?
As far as I know the normal residential ports are still blocked.

Blocked Port information can be found here: »support.cox.com/sdccommo ··· 579e132a
dcxbox
join:2006-12-31
New Orleans, LA

dcxbox to CoxInfoGuy

to CoxInfoGuy
will cox be offering lower prices for the service, because its not really that great compared to whats already available in that area. you can get fiber with a 50/50 up down connection which includes 100/100 within the network for 57.95 a month vs cox offering. this is without any caps, and they also don't throttle anything as well.
»lusfiber.com/custom/?id=4

The following Video, Internet and Phone (VIP) bundles have been combined to make your switch to LUS Fiber easy. Or you can build your own bundle and still take advantage of the best rates. Our pricing is simple and straightforward with no confusing promotional rates or hidden costs. Each of our service offerings will be individually discounted. Our full suite of products and channel lineup will be announced in early 2009. Customers will be notified by mail when LUS Fiber is ready to take orders in their area.

VIP - $84.85
Video: Expanded Basic (80+ channels) = $39.95
Internet: Fast 10 Mbps download and upload = $28.95
Phone: Basic Line* = $15.95

VIP Silver - $137.21
Video: Digital Plus (more than 250 digital and HD channels, access to the Internet via TV, Video On Demand, Pay-Per-View) and HD Receiver Rental = $63.31
Internet: Turbo 30 Mbps download and upload = $44.95
Phone: Basic Line* and Premium Phone Features Package** = $28.95

VIP Gold - $199.99
Video: Digital Plus (more than 250 digital and HD channels, access to the Internet via TV, Video On Demand, Pay-Per-View) and All Premium Movie Suites (more than 40 channels) and HD Receiver Rental = $98.09
Internet: Extreme 50 Mbps download and upload = $57.95
Phone: Basic Line, Premium Phone Features Package and Unlimited Long Distance = $43.95

i hope they will plan to compete with lus because la state law would require cox to offer the same prices everywhere they provide service in the state.

also ATT are already putting up uverse network in jefferson parish and soon new orleans, they are waiting on an issue with jefferon parish before they can go live
nongobi
join:2008-12-03
Lafayette, LA

nongobi

As I stated in the other thread it's NOT available all over Lafayette, it's in phases and some parts of Lafayette (outer) won't be able to get FTTH through LUS. This is a great alternative.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to April1

Premium Member

to April1
»www.cox.com/about/newsroom/

news release.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned) to CoxInfoGuy

to CoxInfoGuy
The question is will this rate be given to people with basic and internet.

30 Mbps (Download AND Upload)
$44.95
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

i will say this

i'm really glad your not doing this in FIOS areas. THANKS guys. now, (ahem) can (ahem) gulfcoast be next???

i'll be drooling at those speeds and the prices. what im paying now is expensive.

-ROb

nolaguyfiber
@cox.net

nolaguyfiber to CoxTOC1

Anon

to CoxTOC1
i have a question does 3 ip addresses mean i can have 3 individual lines connected to modems in my house for a max potential of 50mb each?
nolaguyfiber

nolaguyfiber to CoxInfoGuy

Anon

to CoxInfoGuy
do you need to have cable and or phone from cox to get the $89.99 price tag?? i have no interest in tv or landline phone

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium Member
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA

Daarken to CoxInfoGuy

Premium Member

to CoxInfoGuy
Is this the Acadiana Market which Lafayette is a part of, or is it just the parish of Lafayette only.
I'm in Crowley.