« moving to miltonWeekend Installs »
This is a sub-selection from Usage Billing

Gixxer
join:2008-08-27
St Catharines, ON

Gixxer to Krispy1

to Krispy1

Re: Usage Billing

Bandwidth isn't free Krispy, but it's CHEAP! Cents per GB - why are we paying $1.5+?

Krispy1
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
the stix

Krispy1

Premium Member

said by Gixxer:

Bandwidth isn't free Krispy, but it's CHEAP! Cents per GB - why are we paying $1.5+?
By this logic it only costs me 89 cents a litre and ONLY 89 cents a litre to run my car...wahoo I'm gonna get quite the rebate from my insurance company and dealership!!

Seriously though, there are two sides to this debate with many valid points and we could debate it forever but I really don't have the time or energy for it so yes I understand where you're coming from but no I don't agree that the cost per Mb on the transit providers page is the final cost but ultimately I'm not participating in that debate at this point in time.

So if people want to blame me or name me as the biggest threat to Canadian internet so be it but just respect other posters and save your truly angry rants for my personal message box.
krauserx15
join:2006-05-20

krauserx15

said by Krispy1:

By this logic it only costs me 89 cents a litre and ONLY 89 cents a litre to run my car...wahoo I'm gonna get quite the rebate from my insurance company and dealership!!
Do not compare bandwidth to gasoline, it's a completely different situation. No, we wouldn't need to debate it, Cogeco pays .10 cents per GB, then charges $1.5-2.0 per GB, Cogeco makes a ridiculous return. Where is this money going? Wallets of mangers, share holders, investors, CEO, big bonuses? If the full amount was going to infrastructure, I would be OK with this but really... I'd be flabbergasted.
Shamans
join:2007-09-22

Shamans

Can we make this thread a discussion about what's going to happen rather than why it's happening or the morality of it. I know I'd rather not pay extra but nothing I'll say will change it...

EdG
@eastlink.ca

1 edit

EdG to Krispy1

Anon

to Krispy1
said by Krispy1:

said by Gixxer:

Seriously though, there are two sides to this debate with many valid points and we could debate it forever but I really don't have the time or energy for it so yes I understand where you're coming from but no I don't agree that the cost per Mb on the transit providers page is the final cost but ultimately I'm not participating in that debate at this point in time.

So if people want to blame me or name me as the biggest threat to Canadian internet so be it but just respect other posters and save your truly angry rants for my personal message box.
People are really pissed about this - and here you are with flippant responses.