spc
Search similar:

uniqs
coldbeer30
join:2009-04-02
Boise, ID

coldbeer30

another cableone cap rant....

Wow, can't even watch a full movie from netflix on xbox without getting speed cut in half....
Started movie at 12pm, monitoring is done between 12noon and midnight, by 1pm I was cut in half...

bad thing is when I called Cableone and asked about my bandwidth, they wouldn't even tell me if I crossed the threshold limit, they kept dancing around my question with, "It may have been reduced"

Cableone is great for online gaming but if the wife wants to watch a movie during the day from netflix, that kills my gaming at night, WAKE UP CABLEONE!!!

dr3yec
join:2002-12-19

dr3yec

I am lucky that uverse is coming to my town. Soon as it goes live. I am gone from cableone. Be the best day of my life. Well atleast one of them. lol

air4ce
@cableone.net

air4ce to coldbeer30

Anon

to coldbeer30
gaming is bad to cableone sucks

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh to coldbeer30

to coldbeer30
Be proactive. Set your location at cableone.net and use the form located at »www.cableone.net/CS/Page ··· ous.aspx to contact your local Internet Manager directly. No, they're not going to turn a switch at a moment's notice, but the more feedback we send CAN make a difference.

Most Internet Managers will discus the issues on the phone as well.

air4ce
@cableone.net

air4ce to coldbeer30

Anon

to coldbeer30
i play alot of xbox 360 over the internet plus netflix thru PC and xbox now i cant even explain the frustation i will drop them if no changes come about lawsuit or otherwise
air4ce

air4ce to coldbeer30

Anon

to coldbeer30
areoh i have talked to IM here in sioux city she listened to what i had to say but i dont know if i can wait i would be just as well off having DSL 1.5 the caps kill me for the xbox 360 and steam thru PC my girfriend cant watch an episode of the Tudors netflix on xbox without it buffering every 10 seconds got to admit ridiculas

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh to coldbeer30

to coldbeer30
air4ce, are you certain your connection itself isn't having issues? Do you receive advertised speeds when you're NOT in the capped time period?

air4ce
@cableone.net

air4ce to coldbeer30

Anon

to coldbeer30
i dont know i do know the 500 up is in the stone ages i think cableone is the armpit of ISP
TheBaconator
join:2009-05-06
Bartlesville, OK

TheBaconator to coldbeer30

to coldbeer30
U-Verse should be arriving in the Bartlesville, OK area within the next year. I agree with the OP. Their policy is complete and utter BS. When AT&T U-Verse arrives I am going to drop their service like a rock and get as many people to switch as possible. I hope it ruins business for Cable One here because they totally deserve it.

A lot of people are unaware but Cable One also monitors what people do on their service. I've personally viewed via a Cable One tech laptop the ability they have of going into an account by searching for MAC ID of modem. They cannot see exactly what you are downloading but it categorizes it based off of bandwidth usage. Say you transfer 200MB to Youtube, they can see that data usage. Peer-2-peer? Yup, Cable One can see it too! They also frown heavily on torrent usage as well.

air4ce
@cableone.net

air4ce to coldbeer30

Anon

to coldbeer30
cableone is super shady

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

Within the last few days, I have noticed that my connection is no longer being cut in half when I exceed their limit between noon and midnight. I have the 3mb tier and for several days I know I have downloaded more than the 1.3 GB during these hours and my connection has not been cut in half!

Also, I have been trying to find the page on the cableone site explaining the caps, etc and any mention of it seems to have been removed?!

Perhaps CableOne has taken a step to get its head out of its ass! Maybe now they will start increasing their speeds (especially upload) for everybody.... Wishful thinking I guess.

Please reply if you have noticed the you are not being throttled as well.
cralesich
join:2009-09-11

1 edit

cralesich to coldbeer30

to coldbeer30
I know this thread is old, but after reading some, i thought i would share our horror story about cableone.

We Run a Web Development and Marketing company.

We Paid Cableone $475.00 for two 8/2 business connections. We run everything on a load balancing system.

So anyways we relocated to McComb Ms, Just bought a nice house... And we thought everything would be ok, Just like it was with charter internet.
Boy were we ever wrong, It first started when we sent out a newsletter to our clients... Not even 1 hour passed and they were calling us accusing us of spamming. So we explained that all our newsletters were sent to double opt-in, in return they were very rude and would not even hear us out, they said if it happened again they should shut us off... We were fully prepaired to show them all the data we had on clients as well as our privacy policy, they didn't want to hear it.
so i was like ok well lets just go about our business and see how it goes.
So 2 days later I went and downloaded a Linux distro opensuse. I thought business accounts were not supposed to be capped WRONG again, or bandwidth was cut in half and they gave me a AUP warning saying I was downloading Copyright stuff, I was like ok since when is open suse not free... I just about had it by now...
So I was on the phone with at&t trying to get a dedicated connection ran, we got all of that set up for next month. And did not send anything else out on cableone as in newsletters... Well the following week the manager came out here and cut off our service saying we were spamming and took the routers they gave me, I told the fat chick that if they cut me off I will sue them. She said go ahead. So that is what we are doing.
I gave my neighbor 25 dollars to let me tap off of her wireless and waiting for at&t to connect our lines.

Finale Thought: I do not know why anyone would use this crappy company, they are a joke and take full advantage of their customers. They are often the only HSI Company around and they know it.... Me and my Lawyer is currently suing them for 10 Million. Because my wife tried to get Basic Internet and TV and they would not give it to her saying they would never service this house again, Since it was a business account the problem was on and not her personalty she is also suing them for discrimination.
I really Hope someone like COX or Charter Buys them out asap.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

said by cralesich:

Finale Thought: I do not know why anyone would use this crappy company.
For some of us, it's all we have access to. I'm not exactly fond of purchasing 2 or more DSL lines for something faster than 1.2 mbit (I only have 1.2 mbit DSL available to me in my area), so I stuck with CableOne. It hasn't given me any trouble except for those one or two down times, but after your reading your post it kinda scares me. I torrent often but I try my best to stay under the caps.

Your post reminds me of the person who was sending a family video through her outbox to some relatives out of state; CableOne called the customer and told him/her that what she did was illegal and that her service would be terminated if she did it again. I'm so glad I discovered free uploading services...

Still though, it's horrible that the ISPs are treating you as such.

Living in monopolies is great, eh?