Bit00
Premium Member
join:2009-02-19

1 recommendation

Bit00 to DufiefData

Premium Member

to DufiefData

Re: A film worth it?

What about Core IP? What about Core IP's customers? Who is going to compensate them for their losses?

When it turns out that Core IP had nothing to do with it, the MPAA membership and FBI should be liable to reimburse Core IP and their customers for this avoidable interference in their business.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

I absolutely 100% agree with you and was coming here to ask that very same question. Let alone the businesses that have lost countless thousands or millions because of this, what about the 911 issues they caused? I'd hate to be the one that has to explain this when inevitably someone has been inconvenienced or worse by the lack of phone/911 service because of this.

And regarding the other businesses colocated there, there needs to be some kind of procedure in place to prevent collateral damage. The FBI had NO BUSINESS turning everything off like they did. I'd be willing to bet they stormed in at gunpoint and flipped every breaker they could find without any regards for what it might do. I realize most of them aren't computer savvy but I'll bet they don't do that again if it ruins the very data they needed to make the case because they caused a head crash on the drive.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

Like everyone else on Earth, Law Enforcement isn't perfect.

If law enforcement escapes some sort of deterrent against poor judgment, we'll have more poor judgment from law enforcement.

It's a lot easier to support LE Agencies when I can trust them.

NV

biggbrother
Premium Member
join:2001-11-07
Providence, RI

biggbrother to Bit00

Premium Member

to Bit00
said by Bit00:

What about Core IP? What about Core IP's customers? Who is going to compensate them for their losses?
No one. It's called being "caught up" in a criminal investigation by the government. It's a way of life and happens to thousands of legitimate businesses every year.

If you own a convenience store and a criminal runs through your store with police in tow... guess what? Your closed for business and the yellow tape goes around it until further notice.

If you own rental property and the police come into your tenant's unit and kick down the doors and tear up the place, they ARE NOT going to reimburse you.

Bit00
Premium Member
join:2009-02-19

Bit00

Premium Member

"Caught up". This goes way beyond caught up.