Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: A film worth it?

If this raid is a direct response to the Wolv-Leak, do you approve of it?
NV

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Noah Vail:

If this raid is a direct response to the Wolv-Leak, do you approve of it?
NV
It wasn't.

But IF it was and the FBI convinced a judge that a search & seizure warrant was justified, I would have no problem with it. Of course, if the FBI exceeded their authority and seized MORE than what was authorized, then damages should be awarded and a reprimand against the FBI agents exceeding their warrant should be pursued internally at the FBI.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

But IF it was and the FBI convinced a judge that a search & seizure warrant was justified, I would have no problem with it. Of course, if the FBI exceeded their authority and seized MORE than what was authorized, then damages should be awarded and a reprimand against the FBI agents exceeding their warrant should be pursued internally at the FBI.
That's a pretty good answer.

We're still wargaming here. Continue to assume it's a MPAA related raid.

Next question:
How confident are you that the FBI was careful and prepared enough to make certain (as they could be) to cause as little impact as possible?

NV

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Noah Vail:

That's a pretty good answer.

We're still wargaming here. Continue to assume it's a MPAA related raid.

Next question:
How confident are you that the FBI was careful and prepared enough to make certain (as they could be) to cause as little impact as possible?

NV
Not being there and only basing an answer on the purported FBI actions on the CLAIMS of the targeted individual, I have no idea. If & when more info on both actions taken by the FBI and on the reason the raid targeted the site could you answer if the FBI exceeded their warrant.

But, in general, I expect the FBI did only what they were authorized to do and took care to do no more than that.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

But, in general, I expect the FBI did only what they were authorized to do and took care to do no more than that.
Authorization = Ethical?

Ohhh. Not good.

We're determining the ethics of having one business suffer a penalty, at the loss of another. I'd think you've been around enough to know that a big enough stink will get all the authorization there is: Whether it's merited or not.

Now then:
We've no need for further endless disclaimers.
We've Authorized the assumption of an MPAA driven raid; remember?
Since it's Authorized, whatever we do is Perfectly OK!

Silly.
said by FFH5:

Not being there and only basing an answer on the purported FBI actions on the CLAIMS of the targeted individual,
I have no idea. If & when more info on both actions taken by the FBI and on the reason the raid targeted the site could you answer if the FBI exceeded their warrant.
So as long as it doesn't exceed warrant limitations, any UNNECESSARY damage done by the FBI is a GOOD THING.

My question was "How confident are you that the FBI was careful and prepared enough to make certain (as they could be) to cause as little impact as possible?

To which you replied: "I have no idea".
If you had confidence in the FBI, you'd probably know about it.
That tells us that you do not have inherent confidence in this agency.
There's nothing in you that presumes that the FBI conducts themselves in an ethical and moral manner.
You also indicate that as long as they operate within some politically driven guidelines, measurable damage to unconnected parties is not worth considering.

And that seems to be OK with you.

Wow.

Remind me again. Who is the government supposed to be serving?
Here's a hint:
It's supposed to be the same,
as who is ultimately supposed to benefit
from the existence of large and powerful corporations.

Nv