Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gattaca
Premium
join:2003-05-28
USA

Craftsman YS 4500 tractor mower manual, etc

My dad just bought a Craftsman YS 4500 (model #28724) tractor mower.

I've tried my best using my Google skills, but I need some help. I'm looking for a user manual PDF download. From what I understand, Craftsman mowers are produced by the same people who make Husqvarna - "American Yard Products."

Does anyone know where I can find a manual download for this mower? Also, any idea on what models are comparable re-brands of this mower that are simply sold under a different brand name?

If you can find this out easily, feel free to post a "let me Google this for you" link of the solution, because I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
--
Tab Cola - for beautiful people!

rex0

join:2002-02-10

4 edits

1 recommendation

If you get the full model number which would be in the format 123.123456 and enter the full number including the manufacturer prefix at: »www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi···op=flush they usually have manuals there.

Sears is weird with their part numbers on craftsman/kenmore. The numbers online don't match the actual numbers on the product which are are always in 123.123456 (or similar format) The 3 digits before the dot is the code for who actually made it and then the digits after are the model. So without the prefix they don't know who the oem is can't find parts/manuals/etc.

Edit: as for who made it, I'm not sure about craftsman stuff but at least for kenmore if you search online there are lists of 123. = x oem 456. =y oem

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

reply to gattaca
Start at the link that rex0 provided and then proceed like you are trying to find a part for the mower. On one of the pages, there will be a link on the right side of the page for the manual. I've found the manuals for my Craftsman lawn tractor and pressure washer that way.

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

reply to gattaca
Found this:
»www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260···ors#desc
... but didn't see manual link. P/N or Model/N doesn't work for sears search site.
--
Looks like Reverend Wright got his wish - God Damn America.

gattaca
Premium
USA
reply to gattaca
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Unfortunately we won't be receiving the mower until it is delivered on Wednesday, so I'll have to wait until I can read the model number stamped onto it.
--

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium
join:2002-04-08
CT

1 recommendation

reply to gattaca
Click for full size
downloadys4500.pdf 12,708,090 bytes
Here you go.

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium
join:2002-04-08
CT
reply to gattaca

zen1

@optonline.net
reply to gattaca
a few things to note about that model,as found on google, searching for YS4500, they have a problem with the headlight sockets coming off, they should be siliconed on to prevent that, and they come with cheap blades, it's better to get the heavy duty blades for it, and that model was subject to a safety recall, the fuel line can come off the tank, spilling gasoline all over, also, if it comes with only 2 guage wheels, you can add the other 2..

Sky King

join:2001-07-02
Naugatuck, CT
This one is coming tomorrow. I have about 1\4 acre and also intend on plowing around 6" of snow when it flies again. My friend has a plow that he is giving me. He used it with his older model 14.5 hp craftsman and it worked fine. I actually saw it in use. Mine comes with a 19.5 HP engine so the added horse power should help when plowing. He has a steel front axle like mine and he never had any problems with bending or breaking. I could have spent around 200 more and got the cast iron axle but after seeing his perform for about 10 years I spent the money on a Lawn Sweeper since I do get a lot of leaves from my 4 trees and hedges that circle the property. This is my mower. sweeper etc. I always like to get reviews from owners that have actually used it and reviews from Consumer Reports. I am also getting a single bumper (on sale) around 30 dollars and a mulching kit. I have two wheels on my deck and might get two more later. It is an automatic which has its good and bad points. It got good reviews too. I have been researching this for about 2 weeks and tried to do the best I could on my limited budget. No 3,000 dollar John Deere for me. If money was not option I would have it done.:)

Craftsman LT 2000 19.5 HP/42" Lawn Tractor (Review)
»www.epinions.com/reviews/Craftsm···_Tractor

Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper (great reviews)
»www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260···iewsWrap

HarryH3
Premium
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
I've got an LT 1000 and bought the front bumper for it. I ended up taking it back as it stuck out just far enough that I couldn't make a few of the turns in my yard with it installed. I have a couple of spots where I have to squeeze around a tree near a fence corner and that bumper stuck out just enough that it would hit the fence. Just an FYI to be cautious when you first install it.

Sky King

Naugatuck, CT
Why? Is it difficult to install or what?

HarryH3
Premium
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
It's not difficult to install at all, it just sticks out 6-8 inches further ahead of the front tires than the tractor body. Installing the bumper made it impossible for me to make the tight corners where I currently just barely clear the fence as the tractor squeezes through a turn where it is between a tree and the inside of a fence corner.

I'm sure that for many people it isn't a problem, but I found it was just in the way.

Sky King

Naugatuck, CT

1 edit
Sorry...I was looking at this part of your post.
"FYI to be cautious when you first install it."

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to gattaca
Gotta love this site! Needed to check something in the manual for mine, couldn't find it, so I went to Google, and it pointed me right back here, lol.

gattaca
Premium
USA
said by Jodokast96:

Gotta love this site! Needed to check something in the manual for mine, couldn't find it, so I went to Google, and it pointed me right back here, lol.

I hadn't thought about that. I just Googled the search times I used a few weeks ago (before I started this thread), and sure enough, Google pointed me right to the thread with Nightwing See Profile's most useful upload.

Together, we have all helped future Craftsman YS 4500 tractor mower owners!
--

chuckgo

join:2008-04-12
Fairburn, GA

YS 4500
22.0 HP, 42" Mower
Model No.
917.276600 \ 276601

YS 4500
21.0 HP, 46" Mower
Model No.