Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MLGTWISTED

join:2007-01-19
Melville, NY
reply to tipstir

Re: Advanced Wireless Settings

Any other settings that you feel improve wireless performance? Like wishlists and any advanced wireless settings to improve less loss on the client?

Like even WLAN Partition, WMM Enable and short GI? To name a few...

tipstir

join:2004-11-14
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:1

3 edits

said by MLGTWISTED:

Any other settings that you feel improve wireless performance? Like wishlists and any advanced wireless settings to improve less loss on the client?

Like even WLAN Partition, WMM Enable and short GI? To name a few...
No not much there to change.. RTS: FRG: are control packets (data flow) Now if you want to match the ISP rated download speed on your wireless laptop you can do that tweak using tools like Advanced System Care Free under tools there is a TCP/Optimizer and then SG TCP Optimizer. In my network tweak 2009 there is a TCP program that's not available anymore it was free also that will turn on the chip set so the wireless lan adapter WNPU would unload the processing cycles from the main CPU in your laptop. Or you can search for the registry key for Onboard NIC to be enabled.

On all wireless laptops here are configured to use TCP.SYS 100 max connections. Microsoft has it limited to 10 max connections. You'll need the Universal TCP Patcher. Right now you can get TCP-Z and monitor your wireless connection and see how well it's performing when you download and upload. Then run the Universal TCP Patcher and change the default 10 to 100 max.

Also another tweak would be to get the laptop power management under control using the freeware version of..
Notebook Hardware Control »www.pbus-167.com/

FrostyMelon

join:2006-02-06
Colorado Springs, CO

I gave this a try last night, and for some reason the XBOX 360 DID NOT like this changed setting, it would not connect...after going back in and putting it back on RTS: 2346 it worked fine. I found that odd, any thoughts?