how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jennp83

join:2009-06-22
Fargo, ND
reply to 81399672

Re: Sneaker store required to scan drivers license for returns!

You cannot open a credit card with a drivers license, pretty sure there are no longer states that let you have your social security number on your license which is something needed to open a credit card.

Its a Secret
Please speak into the microphone
Premium
join:2008-02-23
Da wet coast
kudos:3
Do you even know what's on the swipe and / or the squiggle code on your DL? No, I'm sure you don't.

jennp83

Fargo, ND
Well why don't you tell me since you are so smart and know everything.

Its a Secret
Premium
Da wet coast

1 edit
Nice deflection. Part of the woo-woo club are you?

»www.insolitology.com/tests/credo.htm

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Its a Secret
My fingerprints are on there. I don't think my SS number is there as there was a real stink here about Hawaii being the last state to remove the SS number as the driver's license number several years ago. Putting it in that information would somewhat defeat the purpose of removing it in the first place.

I have to agree though that scanning it for returns is a no-no. LOOKING at it because I put "see photo ID" on the back of my credit cards is a different matter.
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

jennp83

Fargo, ND
reply to jennp83
None of you get the point. Don't shop at stores that ask for that then because pretty sure it will never change. Guess you don't know what info is stored in a drivers license, figures.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to deluxe8520
Here I thought this thread was dead lol

jennp83

Fargo, ND
reply to Its a Secret
You have no life huh, I feel bad for you.

Its a Secret
Premium
Da wet coast
reply to jennp83
Perhaps WE do. But, I know YOU don't. Nice try try though...

jennp83

Fargo, ND
Still feel bad for your sad existence on earth. You should get out more.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
reply to deluxe8520
I love to play the Game of Life, does that count?

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
reply to deluxe8520
I thought this thread was dead a month ago!

Talk about beating a dead horse.....

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to deluxe8520
Jenn: post a pic please.
--
Team JON.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Its a Secret
Where did the word "woo-woo" come from? Certainly not from that list. What does "woo-woo" mean?

whatIdontlike

@Level3.net
reply to deluxe8520
What I don't like at all about a drivers license is that it has your address on the front. IMO it should only list your name and date of birth.

When I used to go to clubs the creepy bouncer was always scanning the girls DL like he was some kind of stalker. I swear he would take a break at times just to go write down some girls info. This happened at multiple establishments.

But I guess it will always be there or in the bar code so they would just go to scanning it probably if it was somehow removed and then everyone's name, address etc... will be in their database forever.

unoriginal
Premium
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA
I have a personal mailbox that I rent from the local UPS Store near my work. Costs me $10/mo and I can use that as the address for my DL, voter registration or whatever. So if you are really concerned you might look into something like this.

munky99999
Munky

join:2004-04-10
canada
reply to deluxe8520
quote:
scan my license and enter my driver's license number into their computer database .
Say that you dont have a drivers license? If they ask for something else... say you dont have it. If they demand they need some ID. Tell them that you can get your mom to write a note for them. Saying who you are.

If they want your name or phone #. Give them a fake one. If they want your address. Give them a fake one.

This one store in my area wanted my phone # and info. I literally gave them 9-7-11-11 Call Pizza Pizza YA YA.

deluxe8520

join:2007-07-02
Floral Park, NY
reply to jennp83
said by jennp83:

so if all of you people seriously have a problem with it then you might as well only shop online.
Actually Jen I have decided to do this since I found out about this policy. I've been shopping at Famous Footwear for about 5 years and spent thousands of dollars there since all of my kids are athletes.

What I do now is go to Famous Footwear with my family to try on the sneakers. Once we decide what we like I write down the model number and buy them online from your competitor.

I tell everybody I know now to do this. Try on the sneakers at Famous Footwear and buy them cheaper online! Voting with your wallet always gets more attention anyways

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to La Luna
said by La Luna:

I thought this thread was dead a month ago!

Talk about beating a dead horse.....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk
--
Sometimes My Mind Wanders.....Other Times It Leaves Completely!