Wow, where did all the Obama love go?

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace

join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

2 recommendations

said by vinnie97:

Down the toilet. What happened is people voted with their emotions because his campaign line was "I am not Bush". Now that the honeymoon is over, people are (figuratively) rolling over in bed and getting their first good look at who they partnered up with for the next 3.5 years. Talk about buyers remorse......
--
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
-Ronald Reagan-

vinnie97
Premium
join:2003-12-05
US
kudos:1
said by wifi4milez:

said by vinnie97:

What happened is people voted with their emotions
You nailed it.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29
reply to vinnie97
said by vinnie97:

Soon as he took office. and i agree with the post above down the toilet.

vinnie97
Premium
US

1 recommendation

Don't blame me. I KNEW the lesser of 2 evils would be McCain...but I can't make up for the ignorance of the masses.
Expand your moderator at work

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29
reply to vinnie97

Re: Obama

im not blaming you

I do agree again with you on the ignorance of the masses.

Too many people took line,sink,HOOK on this one and now left to dry.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to vinnie97
said by vinnie97:

Uh, these people hated him all along. They are happy to blame him for everything like the previous administration didn't even exist...
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

vinnie97
Premium
US

1 edit
Actually, the Republicans attempted to head off this latest financial crisis by reigning in out of control lenders (Freddie Mac and co. anyone?) but guess who stonewalled them?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

»hotair.com/archives/2008/09/17/m···in-2005/

McCain actually seemed to possess the most sense over the matter and Obama didn't seem to care then but he sure was quick to blame McCain last year during his campaigning period. Anybody who voted for Obama was sold a bill of goods.

amigo_boy

join:2005-07-22
said by vinnie97:

Actually, the Republicans attempted to head off this latest financial crisis by reigning in out of control lenders (Freddie Mac and co. anyone?) but guess who stonewalled them?
When did Rs bring a bill to the floor? That's where the rubber meets the road. It's easy say the majority party supported something. But, if they didn't bring a bill out of committee, to a floor vote, and a filibuster fight, then they didn't support it that much.

Remember, this is at the same time Rs were proposing "the nuclear option" to thwart filibusters. They exhibited no timidity on issues they truly believed in. Fixing Fannie/Freddie doesn't appear to be among that category.

Mark

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to vinnie97
There's a lot of attempting to re-write history after the fact on this issue, unfortunately. The Republicans are desperate to pin the economic woes and resulting stimulus on the new Administration, but it's pure folly.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini
Expand your moderator at work