Search similar:

uniqs

Soccer_Coach
Soccer Fan
join:2003-12-30
Keller, TX

Soccer_Coach

Audio Skipping Resolved Yet?

Let me start this post off by stating we just had u-verse installed on Friday. So far, things are great and we are pretty happy with the service.

The only problem that we are having is with audio being played back over our receiver through the optical cable...the audio skips in and out every 30 seconds or so. When the tech did our install, the u-verse box worked with the HDMI cable, but every channel showed "locked"...the only resolution, component video, with the optical audio cable.

I was hoping that there was a fix for this yet, and what is up with the HDMI issues...does it work, or does it not.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

I use HDMI and I have no issues.

Soccer_Coach
Soccer Fan
join:2003-12-30
Keller, TX

Soccer_Coach

We tried to use the HDMI originally, but every channel showed a "lock" and no picture would come up. The install tech called a buddy who told him that it was an issue with the HDMI...changed to component and picture came right up. Now if I could get a fix for the audio skipping on digital 5.1 using the optical audio I'd be happy.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 edit

djrobx to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
said by trparky:

I use HDMI and I have no issues.
You do have a problem if you care about 5.1 audio. U-verse does not currently output 5.1 audio over HDMI.

That, in turn, means you won't have the audio drop problem with HDMI, because drop outs only happen with 5.1 material. You can "disable" 5.1 output on optical by enabling sound effects, but you'll get stereo PCM.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

trparky

Premium Member

I use SPDIF for my audio to put the sound into my home theater surround sound system from the uVerse box. And yes, I get full 5.1 audio.

Remember, most TVs down-mix 5.1 to stereo when you take the audio out of the TV and put it into the surround system.